Chapter Twenty-One

(Heather's POV)

"Mom.." Skylar stumbled as she looked in the doorway. This couldn't be good. Her mother was very homophobic, and walking in on your pregnant daughter, kissing another girl in their house must be a bit overwhelming. I guess I was right, because mom just turned around and walked away.

"Mom, please wait. I can explain!" Skylar tried to run after mom, and actually caught up. She put her hand on mom's shoulder and that's when all hell broke lose.

"Explain what Skylar?! That's you're a lesbian?" She put a pretty harsh emphases on the word 'lesbian.'

"I can't help who I love Mom." She was almost  in tears at this point.

"The explain that!" She pointed to Skylar's baby bump, and I knew that must of hit her hard. She was very sensative when it came to Hazelyne. Especially if someone called her a "that" or "it."

"She has a name. And I was curious. I wanted to make sure I like girls. I didn't want to dissapoint you. It just so happens to turn out the the first time I had sex, with a great guy might I add, I ended up pregnant with a beautiful little girl." She screamed all of this. She was furious.

"Well just don't turn her into a dyke like you. I'm done here. Don't call me. Don't get ahold of me. I'm done with you, and I want nothing to do with your kid. Fuck you, Sky." Her mom stormed out, and Skylar broke out in tears. She went to the living room, and collapsed on the couch. She cried and cried. I sat next to her to rub her back and try to comfort her, but it didn't work. She just cried harder. Eventually though, she regained movement and curled up as much as she could into my lap. I smoothed down her hair and rubbed her baby bump trying to keep her calm. Too much stress could be bad for Haze.

After awhile, her sobs started to ease up a bit. I really hated seeing her sad. It kills me to see her in this much pain. I don't even think I've ever seen her cry this much. I haven't seen her cry many times at all to be honest. Only when she found out she was pregnant and a couple times after that. I needed to make her smile. Her smile lit up my world. I think it was even powerful enough to cure cancer.

"Baby." I said, looking down at her. She looked back up with sad, curious eyes. Her eyeliner was running, and she looked absolutely adorable when she cried, as bad as that sounds. I moved her hair out of her face and kissed her lips. Not a deep, passionate kiss, but the kind that says 'I love you, and I always will.' 

"I love you, Heather." She whispered. She pulled out her phone and started trying things, but I ignored it. Probably just Zane.

"I love you too, Skylar. I love you as well Miss Hazelyne." I said to Skylar's belly. I liked talking to our child. It made me smile.

--------------

A couple hours passed, and Skylar fell asleep. She lied down in our new bed, and was out the second her head hit the pillow. She looked so peaceful in her sleep. Like she was having the best dreams ever and nothing could ruin them. I smiled at her and walked down to the dining room. I got two laptops for us. Her's is black and mine is pink. I don't think she noticed though. She only checked out three rooms and then the ordeal with her mother occured. Anyway, I got on Facebook, like I always do when she falls asleep, and scrolled through my news feed. It was the usual bullshit. Girl hates her life, freshmen in love, guy being a player and partying all weekend, and then the broken heart who threatens suicide for attention. There was one post though that caught my eye, and it was from Skylar.

Skylar Belthor: You know, I don't care what you think anymore. You hate it that I'm pregnant? Fine. You hate that I'm a lesbian? Cool. You are a horrible excuse for a mother, and I don't know why I'm crying over you. You can't even call my child by her name. You can't look me in the eye since you found out I'm pregnant. I'm sure you only signed for the house because you wanted to get rid of me. Well, guess what, bitch. I'm done with you and your shit. All I need is my beautiful girlfriend and my little girl with me. Just my little, out of the ordinary, family is enough to get me through. I Love You Heather and Hazelyne! <3

Wow. She publicly defended me and our daughter. She never had the balls to do that before. Not on Facebook anyway, since her mom was on. Although, I knew she was going to get a lot of shit for it. I already saw comments popping up, even though the number of likes was already in the hundreds.

Camiela: Good job Sky! Tell that bitch whats up!

Aaron: Whatever. Just another emo prego rant. find somethin better to do

Ethan: Preach girl! You got it made, just be happy! xox<3  Ethan was one of the gay preppy kids, and he was just too adorable.

Kerri: Whore.

Julia: Shut up Kerri. She's a good person and her kid will be adorable. Much love Sky!

Auriah: Proud of ya.

Wow. We did have a lot of support. I guess she is the first pregnant lesbian at school. But, then I thought about it. She practically came out to her mom, but I have yet to come out to mine.

Shit. Shit. Shit!

I don't know how I was going to do it. Do I just go up to them, show them Sky and be like, 'Hey, I'm inot boys and girls!'? I don't know. It might of been harder for Sky since she's a full blown lesbian. However, being bi-sexual is offten taken as just being confused.

I don't know what to do.

All I know is I have to do it. I have to do it for me, for Skylar, for Hazelyne.

For all of us.

It's settled. Tomorrow, Sky and I are skipping school. We are going to my parent's house, and I'm going to come out. 

I have to.