Chapter Twenty-Five

(Heather's POV)

I'm excited. No, that's an understatement. There are no words for it. Skylar was confused as she entered the car. As I pulled off, he facial expressions were hilarious. She seemed scared, and normally I would of slowed down to comfort her, but this was way too big. I knew she was going to love what I had in store for her.

Normally, the drive from school to home was between twenty and thirty five minutes, depending on the rout and traffic. We got there in ten. As soon as I parked the car, I got out, ran to her side and opened the door. She made her way out, very carefully as she seemed to be completely dazed, and walked to the front door. At this point, I was literally jumping with excitement. She went to open the door, but I stopped her.

"Skylar, before you go in, I love you. You're the greatest thing to ever happen to me and if I wouldn't of met you, I don't know where I would be. I used to be this depressed girl who tried to make everyone else happy before myself. Now, at this point in time, I'm a happy girl with a beautiful girlfriend and gorgeous daughter on the way. I love you Skylar Rose Belthor. More than anything." I kissed her, and her eyes lit up more than I have ever seen. She looked so happy. I've seen her happy, but not like this. There was always a little glint of sadness in her perfect emerald eyes, but this time, her happiness was pure.

I stepped behind her and put my hand over her eyes with one hand, opened the door with the other. I put both of my hands over her eyes and led her in.

"Keep your eyes closed. No peeking." She giggled. 

"Alright, sweetie." I removed my hands, and looked at her face. Her eyes were shut tightly. Good. I walked around quickly making sure everything was in place, and ran upstairs to our bedroom. 

Opening the closet, I walked in and onto my side. There was a certain dress I got for this occasion, though I didn't plan on it being this soon. It was a beautiful black dress that just went over one shoulder. It had gold trim on the bottom and sleeve, and the bow on the sleeve was gold. It was gorgeous. I slipped on some two inch stilettos, grabbed the one last thing I needed off of my dresser, and made my way back downstairs. 

Her eyes were still shut. I grabbed her hand and led her to the middle of the living room. 

"You can open your eyes now." She opened them, and she looked like a kid in a candy store. The room was candle lit and there were red and black rose petals on the furniture and floor. It looked like a romantic sex scene out of a movie to be quite honest. However, it was in a living room instead of bathroom or bedroom.

"Skylar Rose, you are my life. I don't know what I would do without you. I explained this all outside, and I'm honestly trying to think of something else to say. Honestly, I'm at a loss for words. You amaze me. You always have. When we first met, when I ran into you and you took off, I thought I would never have a chance. Hell, I thought I was straight. I just, well, fell in love with you right then and there. I never thought we would be together. I thought you would just be a dream. The girl I let get away. Especially because you were with Analeise. I didn't  think I would have a chance in hell to be the girlfriend of the school badass, let alone be a second mommy to her daughter. My point is Skylar, I am madly, and deeply in love with you." I paused, waiting to see if she wanted to say anything. Tears were starting to run down her cheeks, but they seemed to be tears of joy.

"Heather, in all honesty, I hated you when you ran into me. I thought that you were gonna be like the rest and be a complete bitch. I was proven wrong. You're my world now. I love you with all my heart and nothing will ever change that." I kissed her. That would be one of the sweetest things I've ever heard her say. Now, it was time for part one of this romantic surprise.

"Skylar Rose Belthor," as I said her full name for the third time in the past half hour, I pulled out a small velvet box.

"Will you marry me?" She put her hands over her mouth, completely speechless, and nodded.

"Yes." She practically whispered. I grabbed her left hand, and slipped the silver ring onto her left finger. It had onyx and diamonds in it. She looked at it, back at me, and kissed me with so much love and passion.

----

After I had proposed, we sat down and tried to decide on a date. We didn't want it very soon. We wanted to have it after Haze was born, but also when she's old enough to be involved in it. The soonest that could be is four or five years. I didn't want to wait that long, but she did. She wanted our daughter to experience it and have a good time. There was absolutely no way we could do it before she's born. Hell, Sky is a month or two away from giving birth. What if her water broke during it? That would be bad. Jesus, this is difficult. It'll all be work it though.

After much discussion, we came to a decision. The wedding will be July 13th, 2016. Barely over two years away. Haze will be two and can be the flower girl, with assistance of course, and it's summer. That way, we can have an ourside wedding if we so choose, and there will be no cold or snow for people to get through. We have yet to discuss everything else, but that can wait. We have quite some time to do it. 

Now that the proposal is completed and the date is set, and it's 'Facebook official,' all there is left to do is sleep. I'm tired, and I'm sure Sky was too. She already headed upstairs. I was heading that way when i heard a knock at my door. It was only nine, so without even thinking about it, I opened the door.

It was the last person I ever expected to see here, and I swear to the llamas my heart stopped for a minute.

"Ryan?"