Chapter Fifteen

(Skylar's pov)

This is beyond fucked up. How could I not think of that before? I havent gotten my period in about six weeks, I was throwing up a lot in the mornings, craving watermellon and carrots and other shit I can't stand. How did I not think that this could be a possibility? I didn't even realize what Zane and I were doing. Well, I did, but I wasn't worried about anything. Now, here I am with my girlfriend, going to the drug store to get a pregnancy test. Great. Just fucking great!

As I'm still ranting in my head about what kind of clusterfuck I got myself into, Heather pulls into the parking lot. She and I both get out of the car and go in. This is beyond awkward. Two sixteen year old girls walking into a drug store for a pregnancy test. I don't want to be just another statistic. Plus, what would everyone else think about Zane? He's too good of a guy to be known as a badass. Yes, he would be known as a badass in South Haven. Fucked a lesbian and knocked her up? Yep, achievement unlocked. He wouldn't want that. Would he even want the kid? Oh God. And Heather. I wouldn't want to put her through that. And then there's the child itself. How would I be able to raise a baby? I'm broke. And if Heather did step up, he or she would have two moms. That child would go through hell in school.  I thought about all of this walking to the isle with the pregnancy tests. I picked up a random one, I think it was First Response, and went to the check out. The lady gave me a dirty look as she scanned it.

"8.97" She said. Quite rudely might I add. I reached into my pocket, and my wallet wasn't there. Heather must have noticed because she pulled out her credit card and paid for it. I didn't say anything. I just grabbed the test and walked out of the store, back to the car. Heather came running out and got in, started the engine and grabed my hand. I loved how she was here, and I would thank her, but I couldn't say anything at all. I just wanted to hide forever, because I knew I couldn't handle this. If she stepped in and decided to be the other mother, or whatever, she would insist on paying for all the baby things. I would feel so worthless. So dependant. I hate that. I don't like relying on anyone.

"Skylar?" Heather suddenly speaks. Damn. I just looked at her questionably.

"Um. We're at your house." I look out the window and we are. Wow. Must have really spaced out. I got out of the car, ran to the bathroom and took the test. It was pretty simple. Pee on stick, wait four minutes, read results. That's exactly what I did.

I waited, and waited and waited. It seemed like an eternity. Then, my phone played Watershed by Coal Chamber, signaling the alarm I had set to tell me when to read it.

This was the moment on truth. One pink little plus sign means that I am in fact pregnant. That I have a little person growing inside me, and I'm going to be a mother. That there will be someone here in now eight months that loves me unconditionally, but depends on me for everything. That my teen years are already over before they've really begun.

However, if it's a blue minus sign, then Mother Nature is confused and doesn't know what to do anymore. That I'm just paranoid and nothing is going on. Now, time for me to see.

Fuck. I can't look. But I have to. Shit! Okay Skylar you can do this. I know you can. Just look at the fucking test in your hands!

Finally, I look down, and I see a tiny pink plus sign.

I'm pregnant.

I'm going to be a mother.

I can't believe this. I broke down crying. I had no idea what to do. I think Heather heard me because she rushed into the bathroom. She picked up the test, looked at it and just hugged me. She smoothed down my hair and tried to calm me down. Like when I told her about Avery.

"It's okay, baby. We'll get through this together." She was so supportive. Then it hit me. I have to tell Zane.

"Heather, where's my phone?"

"Why?"

"I have to tell Zane." She looked at me confused. Questioning why I would only tell him.

"He's the dad." I whispered. Her eye's went wide and she handed me my phone. I got up and wandered to my room. She followed and we both sat on my bed. She sat behind me with her arms around my waist, and over my belly. Cute.

I dialed Zane's number, and he picked up on the second ring.

"Hey Sky! What's up?"

"Zane? We really, really need to talk." I said, trying to keep myself from crying once more.

"Are you alright?" He was so sweet.

"No. Not really. You remember what you and I did, right?" Tears were starting to come.

"Yeah. How can I forget? What about it?"

"Well. I--I'm..." Tears are slightly flowing.

"Spit it out. What's up?" He was concerned.

"I'm pregnant." I was bawling at this point. He sat silently for a little bit. Maybe about two minutes.

"Zane?" I mumbled between sobbs.

"Yeah. Um, I'm here. Look, I'm going to be there for you and the baby. I'm not just going to run away. We can figure something out since you're with Heather and all. Alright?"

"Okay. Thank you." And that was it. I hung up. I couldn't hear his voice again for a couple days. Oh fuck, how am I going to tell my mother? She's going to flip shit. And, Ironically, I hear the door open. Fuck, fuck FUCK! Why me? What the hell did I do? I cried even more, and Heather tried to make me feel better.

"Skylar? Heather?" She just automatically calls out her name now. She pretty much lives here. Even on school nights.

"We're in here." I yelled.

"Oh, hey, Darlings. Listen, I have big news. First---" I cut her off.

"Mom, shut up."

"Why?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Oh. Baby." She looked upset, and just walked out.

Yep. I'm nothing but a dissapointment. I even broke my mother's heart. Great. Fuck.