Chapter Thirty

(Heather's POV)

Hazelyne Nirvana. Such a beautiful little girl. She looks just like her mom. I see a little bit of Zane in her, and I know Skylar does too, but I also know she loves that little beauty with all her heart. All she ever does is hold her, cuddle her, and love her. She's let me hold her and I take care of Haze when Skylar is asleep, since I never get any time with her during the day. It's like something serious is going through her mind though. If Skylar is away from Haze for more than half an hour, she freaks out. It's like she's trying to spend all the time she can with her before she grows up or something. Like time goes by too fast so she has to spend every moment with her daughter.

"Babe?" I asked.

"Yes?" She looked up from feeding Haze on the couch.

"Why are you spending every moment with Hazelyne?" That didn't come out right. She looked me dead in the eyes, and gave me that little grin like she was up to something.

"Because life is too short to not enjoy the little things." That was all she said. She took the bottle out of our daughter's mouth, and carried her upstairs. What was going on with this girl? She never has time for me anymore. I know that sounds a little selfish, but we can have Lilly watch Haze while she and I go out or something. I don't understand. However, I just shrugged it off for now. From that point on, I decided to watch Bizarre Foods on TV and text whoever was in my contacts that wasn't completely boring. 

It didn't go too well. However, TV was amusing. I liked learning about very strange foods around the world. Though, some were highly disturbing, others seemed to be pretty delicious. I guess this was going to be my Saturday night.

--------

"Wake up Skylar." I said, pretty harshly. I woke up and found Sky on the couch in Hazelyne's room passed out with Haze in the crib. She really didn't want to be away from our daughter. It was like life or death. If she was away from Haze, she would burst into flames or her head would explode and she would die.

"Why? She's still sleeping." Sky responded sleepily. I couldn't stay mad at her when she was that adorable. I walked over to the crib, and Haze was laying there, wide awake. She was a perfect baby. She didn't cry. She whined a little when she needed a diaper change or was hungry, but never actually cried. I was impressed. Than again, her mother is the strongest woman I know.

"No, she's awake. She just doesn't cry. Anyway, because, you and I need our time. Since we got back from the hospital, you haven't left her side." I picked up our daughter, and rocked her in my arms. She was two weeks old yesterday already. Her little smile lit up the world. Maybe I could understand why she didn't want to leave her side.

"I know. I don't trust her with anyone though." She yawned as she tried to talk. She couldn't sound serious, even though I knew she was.

"Not even Lilly? The chick who saved my life multipul times?" I asked.

"No one but you. I wouldn't even trust her with my father." She did trust her father a lot too. Damn.

"One day Skylar. One day. If it doesn't work, we don't do it until she's older." She looked conflicted. As I said, it was life or death for this girl to be away from her daughter.

"Three hours. That's it."  I nodded, and smiled. I called Lilly over and handed her my and Skylar's daughter. Lilly was in love with her as well. Who couldn't be? She was the cutest child on the planet.

Anyway, Sky and I went to our room to get ready. She already somehow lost some of her baby weight, so she put on one of her pre-pregnant Slipknot shirts. It fit perfectly and showed off her beautiful curves. Along with the shirt, she put on some black skinny jeans, some thick eyeliner, and a beanie. She hasn't re-dyed her hair yet, and she was pretty self-concious about it since she gave birth. Why, I don't know. Anyway, she was ready, and so was I in a pink Holister shirt and white skinny jeans. We were hot.

We went to an amusment park. Her eyes lit up, and she seemed excited. She loved amusment parks. Anything that had to do with an adreniline rush. She was jumping up and down like a little girl and as soon as I paid for us, she took off toward the roller coasters. There was one called Superman, where you sort of lay down on it? It was fun. She went on everything. I think she had a good time.

She looked at the clock once we got in line for the one and only thing we haven't rode in the park, and her eyes went wide,

"We gotta go!" She exclaimed.

"Why?" I asked. I thought she was having a good time.

"We've been here for about five hours." Really? Feels like one. Time went by fast. But for real, we got here at eleven. How could it already be four? 

Magic I guess.

I sighed, and grabbed my car keys. She was pretty much already to the car by the time I got the keys out of my pocket. 

I walked to the car, unlocked it, and she jumped in. I took my sweet time and I could tell she was getting irritated.

"Why the fuck do we have to be home so soon?" I burst out before I got the keys in.

"I want to be with my daughter." She stated simply.

"But not your fiance? I'm paying for the house, I paid for her room, I paid and am paying for fucking everything. Why can't I spend some time with you?!"  I was pissed.

"If only you fucking understood, Heather. You don't know what it's like to feel this way. She doesn't have a fucking father. I want her to see me and be with me as much as fucking possible! I want to give her what my mother never fucking gave me when I was a baby. Love and attention. There isn't one picture of me and my mother when I was as little as Haze. I was stuck with any babysitter she could find according to my dad. That's why he left her, which doesn't make much sense, but regardless, I want to give her what I never fucking had." With that, she got out of the car and slammed the door. She started walking in the direction of our house. It would of been at least an hour walk. 

I didn't realize that though. I have taken a lot of pictures of them. She wanted me too. She wanted every possible pose or whatever she could get with our daughter. She looked happy in them, but there was a little glint of sadness in her eyes. It was like she was succeeding in something that she's always wanted. A single tear rolled down my cheeks. I started the car and went after her. She couldn't of been too far away.

I just wanted to make things right with her. I can't lose the love of my life.