Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Heather's POV)

"Heather. We need to talk." He stepped forward, and on instinct, I practically jumped back, gaurding my face. He didn't hit me. I looked up at him confused, and he looked back at me with very sad eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still keeping my guard up.

"I needed to apologize. For everything. It wasn't your fault." I raised an eyebrow, confused as to what he was talking about.

"Jarrod." He simply said, while looking at the floor. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words escaped. I missed Jarrod. I haven't talked about him in forever.

"How was it not my fault? I could of saved him." I say sheepishly.

"No. Heather, he told me to take care of you. I completely forgot about it. It wasn't your fault that he was protecting you. It could of been you. I could of lost my one and only little sister. I don't want that. What would I do without you? If it was you instead of him, I'd be a bigger douche than I was to you."

"Ryan.."

"No. Heather, I want to be there for you and Skylar. I want to get to know my niece. I want to get to know my sister for the years I've missed. I want to get to know you, your girlfriend, and her daughter. I want to be part of your guys' life." Tears were streaming down his face at this point. I gave him a hug, and cried on his shoulder as he cried on mine.

I think I finally got my brother back.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps at the stairs. I look over, and there would be a very sleepy Skylar. He her hair was in a very messy bun, big black tank top that showed off her baby bump and boobs perfectly, and black short-shorts. Sort of. They were short, but they stretch. She yawned.

"What's going on?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Ryan came over." I stated. He facial expression was priceless. 

"What?" he seemed worried.

"Skylar, I apologized. I'm not going to hurt my sister any more. I want to get to know you, and my niece. I want to be involved in Heather's life."

"You can be involved in her's, but not in mine or my child's." She simply stated and walked to the kitchen. Ryan looked at the floor and I think I saw a single tear rolled down his face.

"She's just hormonal. She'll come around."

"No I won't." She said, walking back upstairs with a can of coke. I rolled my eyes. She'll get over it.

"Alright then. So, inform me on your life recently." He said. And I did. I told him everything we found out about Haze, her mom, how far along Sky was, the engagment, and everything else. He seemed amused.

-------

Ryan left around midnight, and I passed out on the couch. When I woke up and looked at the clock, it was eleven in the morning. Skylar would still be sleeping, so I decided to make some breakfast for her like I usually do.

After breakfast was done, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to piss her off, but I didn't want the food to get cold or anything. Plus, I had nothing else to do. Shit.

After about three minutes of debating, I decided to wake her up. 

This might end badly. 

I made my way up the stairs, and entered our bedroom. She was sitting up awake in bed, writing in a notebook. He journal thing. What it was, I don't know. She said I could read it, but I rarely did. Only when I was really worried about her. I slightly knocked on the door, and she looked up like a deer in headlights. She closed the notebook and, very slowly, made her way off the bed.

"Food?" She asked. I nodded. She knew me all too well. Her eyes lit up and made her way down the stairs. I was in front of her, only for the fact that she was slow. Don't get me wrong, it was cute, but it got irritating sometimes.

Eventually, she made it. She got to the table and took literally half of what I made. She ate it like it was nothing, and just sat there for a little bit.

"She's hungry today." I stated with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah. She always is. She takes after her mama." She smiled and rubbed her giant bump. She was getting huge. She hasn't dropped yet, but I'm sure she will soon. I don't know how she could cary that big of a child and still technically stand. Then again, Haze probably isn't that big. It's just the fact that Skylar was skinny as all hell. Keyword, was. I say that a lot.

Regarless, she's still adorable and I love her.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She kissed me, and we went about our day.

------

We didn't do a lot today. Just sort of chilled and watched some movies. Scary of course. I was afraid they would put her into labor, but I was wrong. She took it like a champ while I sat there and screamed whenever someone jumped out.

After the movies, I took her out to eat. I took her to HuHot and she got a lot of food. The waitress wasn't surprised at all, and kept complimenting her on her baby and congratulating her. It was slightly awkward.

And then, we went home. We so decided to just crawl into bed and sleep. It was a good day. It may have been uneventful, but it was fantastic. I loved it and I loved her.

I couldn't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.

A/N: I know it's short but I had to do a stupid ASVAB shit thing for an hour and had 30 minutes to right this. It kind of sucks, but whatever. I'm sorry! Next chapter is Skylar's POV and it will be better. The only reason I didn't wait until tomorrow was because I promised this today so.. Yeah :3 and Sky's POV ((neext chapter) will be on Wensday instead of Thursday because of a feild trip bullshit thing.. 7 hour round trip.. yay.. -__- After that, it'll be every thursay. Promise! Buh-bye! <3 Love you all<333