Chapter Twenty

(Skylar's POV)

The next day, I went to school while Heather and my mother went to go pay and sign for the house and stuff. I don't know how it all works, and I don't care. I'm not the one doing it. Anyway, as of today, I am eighteen weeks pregnant, and my bump is pretty visible. As I said before, I was skinny as hell, so it's not like I could ever hide it. Either that, or I have a big baby. I smiled at my thoughts and someone accidentally ran into me. Instincts took over, and I covered my baby bump so nothing bad would happen to her.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry Skylar!" The person who ran into me said. She seemed scared. No dude, I'm going to be a mother. I have to grow up and not beat people up.

"It's alright. As long as my daughter is alright, so are you." Hey, just because I wasn't going to hurt him didn't mean I couldn't be a bitch.

"I understand. I think she will be alright. I ran into your side, so lets hope all is well." Finally, I looked up at him. It was the king of the school, Kaden. He was the most popular guy, and never really paid attention to the 'outcasts.' Why he knew my name, I don't know. Then again, I'm the only pregnant one here. It is sort of hard to ignore.

"Yeah, well. I should get to class." He nodded and I went on my way. It was weird, I figured he would yell at me or call me an emo bitch like everyone else did. Then again, most people have been congratulating me and requesting to feel my tummy. I guess me being pregnant is 'cute'? If only they understood that it's not all cute and amazing. It sucks sometimes. The morning sickness, back pain, cravings. It's hard.

Thinking about the pregnancy and how people's views of me have changed, I realized something. They only like me because of my daughter. If I would have never gotten pregnant, then things would be the same as before. Me and Heather would still probably be together, but I would be skipping school, smoking pot, and everything else. I would not have grown up. Now, with this process of growing up, I realize that these people aren't my friends. They never cared about me before, and I guarentee that they will only ever talk to me again when I have Hazelyne with me. Well, if I wasn't good enough before, then they aren't good enough for my daughter. Simple as that.

Halfway through Government, still deep in thought about life and everything, I got a text from Heather.

Heather: Hey baby. Mama and I are gonna pick you up after school. Decorator is here and we are getting it all completely done. Kinda have more than one. Wanted to get it done today so we can move in tomorrow if thats alright. Anyway, love you always, kisses, see ya after school! xoxox <3

Well that's sweet of her. She hired more than one decorator just so she and I can have the house tomorrow. Well, there's only one more class. Then, it'll be three-thirty. They've been gone since seven thirty when they dropped me off. Can one really decorate a house and get it all done in eight hours? I guess we will see.

The bell rang signaling the end of seventh period, and I gathered my belongings and stood up to leave for study hall.

"Excuse me, Skylar? Can you stay behind for a minute?" The teacher, Mr. Calvin, asked.

"Um, sure." I sat back down in a desk located in the front row and looked at him, waiting for him to discuss whatever he held me back for. 

"Well, I've noticed the situation, and heard that you and Heather were getting your own house. What about Zane? What's happening? If you are uncomfortable talking about it, that's alright. Just know that I am here if you need someone.

"Thank you Mr. Calvin, but Zane is going to support me through this. As for me and Heather, we are getting a house. Moving into it tomorrow actually. Things are great. Also, I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm a big girl. I think I can handle this." 

"Alright, but children are a lot of work. Especially for just two girls. I'm sure Zane won't stick around, being the little punk that he is---" I cut him off. I was pissed.

"Excuse me? Zane is a great guy. He loves his daughter, even though Heather and I will be raising her. Heather loves Hazelyne just as much. I know she's going to be a lot of work, but I love her and I will do anything I possibly can to make her life great. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go to my new home. Have a nice day." I got up and stormed, well, tried to storm, out of the classroom. How dare he try to tell me that Zane won't be there? Why would he do that? Jesus I hate people!

I walked out of the school, tearing up a bit. I texted Heather to come get me as soon as I walked out, since the bell was going to ring in five minutes anyway. She said she was on her way, and as the bell rang, she pulled up. I got in the car, and she was smiling from ear to ear.

"House done?" I asked. She nodded, and drove. Not going to lie, it was slightly far away. It was in the rich bitch area, and about twenty minutes from the school. 

Finally, we pulled into a huge driveway. There was a black 2012 ferrari FF parked on one side, and Heather parked right beside it. All I can say is the house was beautiful, and what the hell is up with the Ferrari?

"That's your car Sky. I know you like sports cars, as much as you hate to admit it, and I read that it's child friendly. Anyway, lets go inside." She bought me a fucking Ferrari. Damn, this girl was rich. 

We went inside, and it was gorgeous. My mother was standing there and gave me a big hug. She put her arm around my shoulder and I looked around my new home. The living room had a black leather couch and matching loveseat, along with a matching recliner, a flat screen TV, beautiful glass coffee tabel, and more. My and Heather's room was perfect with a king sized bed, a huge TV, a balcony, privet bathroom, and black and red walls. Once I got to Hazelyne's room, my heart dropped. Not in the bad way, but in the I-Can't-Believe-This way. The walls were black and neon pink, her crib was black with pink and black skull sheets, and all her clothes were here. Her room was also the only one with carpet, and it was black. There were butterflies on the wall, and everything was perfect. I loved her room. It was exactly as I had imagined it.  I looked Heather in the eye's.

"I love this. I love you. This is all perfect." I kissed her passionantly. 

"I love you too, Sky." He kissed me back, and it turned into a cute, yet passionate makeout session. Our lips seperated, and I looked at the doorway only to find my mother standing there, looking shocked, dissapointed, and disgusted. 

"Mom..."