Chapter-One Betrayal

CHAPTER-ONE

My heart is filled with  excitement  as today is the day I said 'yes' to my boyfriend one year ago.
I wanted to surprise him so I sent him a message,letting him know that I will be dropping by his house.
I bought him, his favorite cap,a limited edition 'Michael Jordan New Era 59Fifty Jumbo Jumpman Fitted Cap" I save half of my allowance  for a year,
just to buy this for him.
I can almost imagine his face filled with happiness when he sees this. I excitedly walk to his house which is just two blocks away from mine.
I wear navy blue fitted jeans and a pink long sleeve cotton shirt.
It's his favorite from all the clothes I've worn before.
I remember he will always pinch my cheeks whenever he sees me wearing this ,coating "you look so beautiful in pink babe" I start to giggle by myself feeling my heart flip a little remembering what he said.
I know his parents weren't there at the weekend as they always visit his sister who just gave birth with a twin.
It's perfect timing for me and him to be alone.
He is my first boyfriend,we're both  finishing our last year in college.
I don't know what he sees in me,
I find myself just an ordinary girl,candid,sometimes they state me as a nerd..
Which didn't bother me.
That's also why it's a big shock  for everyone in the campus when he starts courting me.
But I'm proud that the 'playboy' of our school chose me as his steady girlfriend.
I know all the girls in the school envy me, who not?! I got a good looking boyfriend that works hard a lot to receive my 'yes'. Though we've dated over a year and sometimes he asks when I will give him myself, I stick to my words that I'm only giving myself to him when we get married in the future.
Not that I don't trust him but  I kinda believe in the old fashion way.
Though I let him kiss me and hug me, I never gave-in, even once to what he wanted.
I thought we can't last long because  everyone predicted that we won't even last a few months.
But heck....! Here we are today.
Celebrating our first Anniversary as a couple that beat the odds right..?!
The smile didn't go away from my lips until I reached his house,I rang the bell a few times but he didn't open it.. Then I realized the gate wasn't locked so I invited myself in. Maybe he's still sleeping and didn't hear me.
I went  inside his house since even the main door wasn't locked too.
Strange, his parents never did this before.
It's so careless living the house unlocked. What if someone came in and robbed  their belongings...? I brushed away that thought and went inside,going upstairs I saw some strip clothes from  a woman. I felt my heart skip a beat thinking of him with someone else.
No...!
He can't!
He loves me!
I know that!
I said to myself!
But all my conclusions were right. As I step in front of his room which he forgot to lock.
I peek my head inside and was shocked, my eyes widened seeing him on top of Nicole, the cheerleader in our school..!
I felt my heartbreak,shattering into pieces.
Ohh god! He's cheating on me! I wanted to confront him and cursed him but. I'm  just standing there like a statue, I can't move.What makes me more stunned is hearing them talking.
"Come on Harris, when are you breaking up with that 'nerd'? She's nothing compared to me..."Nicole said, pulling his chest..
"Soon baby,I still need to win the bet jezzz...500$ bet if I win and get her virginity that's a lot Nicole, we can have a nice date with that money.." Harris said , that tore my heart apart and tears started streaming down my cheeks..
"Hurry.. And get her so I won't be sharing you with her anymore. It's been a year already!
I hate it every time I see both of you in the school, being cheesy and cute together.
Ohh that stupid nerd! I hate seeing her eyes full of love for you..." She said, rolling her eyes in disgust..!
I grasp my mouth not wanting to let out any sound even though I feel like the world is spinning around me. I can't believe he's faking it all this time!
I push my brain to function as I can't bear listening anymore from what they're saying.
I took a few deep breaths and slowly my body moved..
Trembling as I slowly went down the stairs half of my mind is regretting coming here while half of it was thankful that this happened.
At least I found  it out,though it was a bit late.
How can he do this to me?!
I trust him a lot.. I thought I knew the real him..
All that sweetness, love and care that he shows to me it's all a lie...
All those heart fluttering kisses and warm hugs were just a show...
How didn't I see it?!
I'm so stupid...!
So stupid to believe people can change...
I had so many thoughts running in my head that I didn't notice I was already standing in front of my parents house...
I wipe away the tears in my eyes and walk inside.
I saw my mom sitting on the couch watching some telenovela in the 45 inch smart t.v.  They bought it using my money..
The money I won in the math competition a few months ago.
I head upstairs not wanting her to see my face.
After entering my room I played the music loud so no one could hear me crying.
I hide my face in my pillow and cry until there's no more tears coming out of my eyes.
Then I heard my phone vibrate on the side table near my bed..
I looked at it and saw Harris' message..
"Hey babe, where are you? You said you will drop by the house?
Come now..You know I don't like waiting."That piece of jerk..,!
After making out with Nicole,now he wants me too..!
How Can I be so stupid not to see everything clearly..!
I felt guilty, all that  my best friend said to me is true.
But I didn't listen to her,I was blinded by my love.
Now I have the feeling to call her and cry everything  out to her.
I know she won't be angry to me ,
but I will be glad that I found out  everything.
But just like my best friend feels that I'm in trouble, I saw my phone vibrate again and the screen is showing me the caller is Zoe..
I quickly pick it up and turn off the music.
"Hey Alec,what's zup...?"
"Hi Zoe,I'm fine" I said to her, faking an enthusiastic voice...
I heard her grunt on the other line.
"Alec, you don't know I can sense when you're faking your voice. Spill it out girl. What's zup...?"she said sternly.
Yup..!
That's my childhood best friend.
She knows me better than myself.
Tears fall  down again in my cheeks,
I tried to hide my sob but failed.
"What the f**k?! Wait for me Alec, I'll be there in ten minutes..!" She cursed in the other line before cutting it off.
After ten minutes I heard her knock one time in the door before entering my room.
She saw me sitting at the edge of the bed and by the way she stared at me I knew I'm a wreck.
She cursed vile words before sitting next to me hugging me tightly.
I cried on her shoulder for god knows how long.
When I felt the burden ease a little we pulled out of the hug.
"I knew it..! That son of a bitch can't be tamed!
An asshole will always be an asshole,they never change..!"
She said while drying some unshed tears on my cheeks.
"Stop crying for a bastard like him,let's forget this even happen and
let's have fun tonight..!" She said nibbling the piercing in her chin.
Yes, my best friend was the opposite of me.
She has short hair painted in black and pink which enhance her creamy skin.
She's a beauty but prepares to be a rocker and an outcast to match me as I am the ' nerd at school'.
She's the wild one that I wish I could be and I'm the good daughter that her parents wish to have. We love each other like sisters by blood.
"I don't know  Zoe, I never went outside in the night you know that.
I'd rather stay in my room. Thanks Zoe," I said to her tiredly. It's exhausting to cry and cry.
She spank me hard which makes me yell in pain.
"Ouch...!Zoe..?!What was that for?!"
She just smiled devilishly at me before kneeling down in front of me..
Which is weird...
I never saw her do this..
She held both of my hands before seriously staring at me.

"Alec,it's time that you free yourself from being the good girl everyone expects you to be. I'm your best friend right? So trust me. Be your true self even just for tonight. I think it won't harm you plus it will be fun and it will help you forget him even just for a while...
So...What do you think ?" After analyzing what Zoe said..
She's right,
For once I wanted to be out of my comfort zone and just be carefree like Zoe.
"Ok... Just for tonight I wanted to be just like you Zoe.." I said to her which made her punch in the air from happiness.
"Come let's ask Auntie Margaret for permission that you will sleep in my house..."
"Ok..Lets go" I said to her as we both headed down stairs.
After a few minutes we headed upstairs to pick up some of my personal stuff and left.

Hey kittens,
If you like this chapter please don't forget to vote,
Thank you 😊