⚜️Chapter-24⚜️The mysterious guy⚜

Time passed by without us noticing it. It was around six in the evening when Claire showed up, knocking in Clyde's room.
" Ohh, my god! I can't believe you guys are still here?" She screamed when I opened the door to let her in.
" Thank my wife, she asked me to stay here tonight." Clyde answered for me.
" Hmm. Well, aren't you the most beautiful woman I have ever known? And, to make my brother stay in this mansion for a night made me believe that you really bewitched him." Claire's exaggerated face made me laugh.
" Really? I don't know about that, I just asked him if we can stay and he said ok? So we are still here." I said to Claire with amusement written all over my face. I mean, honestly? Do I really have that much power to make Clyde stay here for a night?
It's just a simple request, which he granted.
And what's so wrong with staying here? The mansion is definitely cozy and warm, it even looks so lively after a few more people live-in.
" Yep! You certainly bewitched my brother. No one ever made Clyde's stay here in the mansion after he started managing the family business, not mom and not even dad!" she exclaimed.
" Claire, Stop being hyper and let's go eat dinner, maybe everyone is in the dining area already." Clyde cut her off by reminding us about the dinner.
I felt his arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his body. Then a familiar warm and sparked emit in my body that has contact with his skin. His scent filled my nose and instantly I felt relaxed. I wrapped my other hand around his waist too.
"Urg! So sweet! I'd better go ahead, I felt ants walking on my body seeing you guys." she said before marching out of her twins' room and heading downstairs. Clyde's and I just laugh about it.
" Get yourself to Fall in love, Claire! So you won't get jealous seeing us like this." Clyde's shout-out, which made Claire stop on track and turn around to face us midway on the stairs.
" Sadly, I did Clyde. You know what? I hate you!" I saw how sad she was while those words came out of her mouth. But then it all changed in a matter of seconds after she said the phrase, "you know what? I hate you." Words to her twin brother before marching down to the direction of the dining hall. I elbowed Clyde in his side, which made him grunt in pain. Thinking I really hit him hard, I quickly massaged his side, but then I saw the smirk on his lips. So he's just acting back there.
" You know what? I hate you too, Clyde. You're such a jerk sometimes." I said to him, leaving him at the first step of the stairs. I heard him laugh before running down to catch up with me.
He held my hand and stopped me. I started a bit angry at him, but that all changed when the sneaky Clyde smiled at me, so innocently.
" I'm sorry." he said, pulling me closer to his body, but I stood firm, trying not to be swayed by his enigmatic charm.
" Pretty please." he begged when I didn't move,
his eyes are pleading, trying his really best to make me fall into his charm. Sadly, I couldn't fight with his charm, especially when he came closer, entwining our hands while staring at me full of love in his eyes.
When he reached for my lips. I couldn't help but close my eyes and savor the taste of his sweet kiss.
" Am I forgiven already? " He said in between our kisses. Like I can deny it! Of course, he is forgiven already. I smirk at him, mumbling yes' before looking away, pulling his entwined hand, so we can walk to the dining hall. I would rather not see his triumphant smile, knowing he can always have his way with me that easy. Well? I guess love can make you do that.
We stopped instantly when we heard Claire's angry voice.
" What is he doing here, mom? " Claire hissed out.
We quickly walked inside the dining hall, seeing a tall guy wearing a black suit. His face bears no emotion, but that didn't lessen his prominent look. I saw his jaw tense for a bit, but it relaxed after seeing us.
He stood up and walked towards us.
Dear god. He has the most beautiful green eyes I ever sighted! This man is so tall and muscled, he's about a few years older than Clyde. I can see the pain in his eyes when he glanced at Claire, but that disappeared instantly. I think even Claire didn't notice it. Not only that, but I was a bit shocked when his stood right in front of us, reaching his hand to shake hands with Clyde.
" It's nice seeing you again, Clyde," he said in his Russian accent.
" Same here, my friend, this is my wife Alexandria." Clyde said, introducing me to this mysterious guy.
" You are a beauty, Alexandria. It's nice to finally meet the woman who captured my friend's heart." I felt my cheek blush from his compliment.
"Thank you." I replied.
" Well, I'll be going." he politely dismissed himself, but that didn't go so well as Amanda's firm voice made us stare in her direction.
" You're not going anywhere, Mr. Orlov, please go back to your seat. And you, Claire, sat next to him, will you!" Amanda said in her domineering voice. It sounded so clear and yet so scary that I felt all the strands of my hair go up!
I saw Claire fuming with anger but contained it inside and followed her mother's order. When Amanda stared at us, it was different. She smiled at us delightfully.
" I'm so sorry, Alexandria, it's just a mere misunderstanding. Please have a seat." her excuse for what happened a while ago. We both sat next to our son on the left panel of the table, while Claire and Mr. Orlov sat on the right.
The dinner went so quietly.
If I'm not mistaken. This is the person Claire mentioned to me and I think the roots of the problem. That affected me and Clyde to be together six years ago. I wonder what's the story behind those 'Green eyes' who hide his emotion from everyone.