⚜️Chapter-30⚜️Lost in a deep sorrow⚜️

Two days after.
I woke up from the beeping sound of a machine next to me. Slowly, I open my eyes and scan the surroundings. The wall was painted with a light cream color, just like my favorite café latte. The room has light, but not enough to hurt my eyes. When I looked down, I saw my son and Dad sleeping in a small bed. While my mom sits next to me, holding my hands.
In a split second, everything went flashing back in my mind, and instantly I had this panic attack.
Remembering Clyde's bloody form and Nicole's gruesome death. Adrenaline surges in me like electricity ignites in my body, giving me the strength to move. I need to see Clyde. I need to know if he's ok. I took my hand slowly underneath my mother's hand and gently woke her up. She immediately opened her eyes, surprise, and relief flooded her face seeing me wide awake for the first time after the tragic incident.
" Alexandria." She murmured my name and hugged me tight.
" How are you feeling? Are you thirsty? Or hungry? Do you feel something hurting in your body?" she simultaneously asked. I forced a smile to plaster on my face to ease her worries.
" I'm fine, mom, how's Clyde?" I saw her look away, not wanting to meet my eyes. I knew there's something wrong immediately. I took her hand and pressed it gently. She stared back at me, still hesitating.
" Mom, you have to be honest with me. Where's Clyde?" I asked in a raspy voice. She nodded at me, but before she said something, she poured me a glass of water and I gladly accepted it. After gulping the glass of water empty. She helped me get out of the hospital bed. Slowly, we walked out of the room, not wanting to wake up my son and my dad. My mom pulled the MRI stand and monitor along with the I. V that was still attached in my left hand and walked with me to the next room. I felt my hand sweating and my knees shaking from the nervousness I'm feeling right now.
My shaky hand reached for the door knob to twist it open, but my mom stops my hand.
" Maybe we need to call the doctor first?
Come, let's call the doctor first, Alexandria." She said before trying to lead me back to the room where I came from.
" Mom, Please..." two words but meant so much. I can't wait for the doctor to check on me first. I wanted to see Clyde right now. I feel fine.
The only bad feeling I have right now is the worries that start eating me every second that passes by, not knowing what really happened to my husband. She nodded her head in agreement and opened the door for me. A tired and panicking Amanda went rushing next to me.
" Oh dear, thank goodness, you are finally awake!
How are you?" She smiled sadly at me, caressing my cheeks before hugging me tight.
" I feel better now, please, I want to see Clyde." I begged her.
" He's over here." Claire took my attention, pointing out the cover that separates the rest of the room.
Thanks to the two-special women in my life.
I reached the fabric that blocked me from catching sight of my husband. I gasped seeing him finally! Tears freely streaming down my cheeks like rain pouring in the sky. I had to look away. I can't bear seeing him in this state! Dear Lord, It's all my fault! I shouldn't come near that woman!
It was me who provoked her!
I wish I didn't listen to what I felt at that moment and just walked away!
Maybe I won't see Clyde laying in the bed with oxygen attached in his mouth, I. V in his hand and lots of cable surrounding his chest to check his heart beating. I threw my hand on my chest repeatedly, trying to ease away the lump that formed there. Seeing how vulnerable my husband, right now, slowly suffocates me. Gathering enough courage to reach for his hands and to feel his pale cheeks.
I cried with all my heart.
Murmuring I'm sorry to him.
Amanda was silently crying next to me while gently rubbing my back to calm me down.
" Alexandria dear, pleased, calm down. You should take a rest. Claire called the doctor to check on you. Come, I'll help you back to your room." Amanda said.
I turn my head on both sides.
" No. I'm not leaving his side, Amanda. I'm fine. Please let me stay with him." I begged her to let me stay. When I saw a man in a white coat, I started to cry hysterically.
" Why does nobody listen to me! I said I'm fine! I just want to stay by his side." I cried, glancing at every person in the room.
" Alexandria, listen to me! Stop being hysterical!
Have you forgotten about your son? He needs you too. He was traumatized enough seeing you laying in the bed motionless for two days! Don't traumatize him more, seeing you awake and broken." My mom scolded me, that somehow cleared my thinking.
Oh, god!
I almost forgot about my son. He might be scared a lot of seeing me in a hospital bed.
" Did he see his dad?" I asked my mom, she nodded her head on both sides, telling me no. I heave a sigh of relief. They are right, tomorrow I can still come back to check on him. Before I left Clyde's room, I laid a kiss on his forehead.
" I'm coming back tomorrow. Make sure you open your eyes when I come back, ok? Please. I miss you terribly, Clyde." I whispered shakily in his ears.
Slowly, I managed to walk away from his bed and reach my room. The doctor checked on me and gave me a shot to doze off to sleep.