⚜️CHAPTER-29 Revelation⚜️

I woke up with a numb feeling in my arms.
Instantly my eyes went open, scanning the surroundings. I was in a dark, dirty room with spider webs and dust everywhere! The only light that I'm seeing was coming from outside of the room.
I was laying on the ground with my hand still in a hand-cuffed behind me. I noticed there's only one door in this room and it was definitely locked from the outside. Furthermore, I have to find a way to escape here!
I said to myself. I tried to sit up using the force of my legs to lift my upper body while my arms supporting it too. I groaned in pain when the handcuff tightened around my wrist from forcing me to sit down. When I got my balance and my butt felt the hard cold cement beneath me. I heave a deep breath, calming myself, trying to lapse my mind from the pain I felt in my wrist. Certainly, I have a deep wound in there, it was scrape already the time they put the handcuff on me in the car.
Now, It's time to check for a possible escape route, though I know it's impossible. I have to try! I need to go back to my family. God, We just happen to be on good terms today. I wanted to kiss my son a goodnight kiss tonight and make love until morning to that damn sneaky husband of mine! I realized that tears were freely streaming down my face when It runs on my lips and I tasted the salty liquid in my mouth.
No. No... no....! Alec, you have to be strong!
I said to myself.
Right. I should be focusing on how to escape.
I can't let my emotions rule over me at this moment of danger. I know for sure Clyde will save me. He's on his way. Thinking about Clyde brought back the thought of my phone that I hide on my back! My hand quickly searched for it and thank goodness It's still there! Luckily, nobody noticed it.
Now I have to endure the pain in my wrist again, so I can take it out of my back. Using my hand to lift my blouse. I tried to hold it with my other hand, but it slipped away and fell on the ground. I felt my heart stop. Hoping and praying that nobody hears its sound, my eyes never leave the sight of the door in front of me while my hands are feeling the phone on the dusty ground.
Yes! I yelled inside my head when I felt the phone. I quickly hold it firm in my hand and take a few in and out deep breaths to calm my nerves a little. I felt a bulk of cold sweat forming on my forehead from the nervousness and anticipation that I'm feeling right now. My heart is thudding like a drum. Pounding in my ears, It's so loud that I thought maybe my kidnappers would hear it!
Calm down Alec! Don't break down now.
Focused your head! Think!
I said to myself. I took a few more deep breaths and eventually, my heart beat came to be normal again.
I have to call Clyde! I bit my inside cheeks to hold the sound of pain that wanted to escape in my mouth when I tried to twist my body, so I could see my phone. The metal clicked, and I knew it's becoming tighter and tighter with every force I made. I tried to push the round bottom of my Iphone to see if the phone was still working. I don't know how long I was out when that damn guy slaps me. The side of my lips is wounded and still aching from the slap. It was so strong that everything went black and white, then I was knocked out.
The screen went on, flashing a bright light in the room. I was stunned that my phone was not yet empty. The call I made before I was abducted was not yet ended. I lowered my voice and whispered Clyde's name. I can't use the speaker, so I made the volume of my phone to its highest level.
" Clyde? Are you there?" I whispered in a shaky voice. I felt warm tears wanting to escape again in my eyes.
" Hello! Alexandria? Ohh god! I'm so sorry.
Hold on, kitten, help is on your way! I'm going to get you out of there!" Relief, nervousness, Anticipation, and guilt were flooding in Clyde's voice.
" I'm ok Clyde, I'm in a dark room all alone, please hurry. I'm scared." I plead in a shaky voice. I wanted to act strong, but hearing Clyde's voice made my emotions so fuck up. I felt weak and vulnerable. I wanted to feel his strong arms wrapped around me, maybe then I would feel secure and safe from this horrible nightmare.
" Hold on, Alexandria, I'll be there soon. You believe in me, right? I swear I will never let anything bad happen to you. I love you, Alexandria."
" I love you too, Clyde, "I whispered. I heard him shout cursing on the other line. Demanding authoritatively to someone to drive faster. I knew just from his voice that he was at his nerve-racking point...only a few more drops, and he would start to explode like a nuclear bomb.
" Well, well, well." That vixen intimidating voice brought me back to realization. I felt my heart stop seeing the door wide open, and a few armed men surrounded me!
" She got a phone, ma'am!" One of the armed men went inspecting me and snatched the phone in my hand.
" No! Give it back to me!" I struggled desperately but someone gave me a kick on my shoulder, causing my body to fall and my head, banging on the hard ground.
I felt my world twisting, my vision became blurry and an excoriating pain emits in my head. My body started to feel numb, and I had this sort of feeling that any moment, if I didn't fight, I would fall back into the darkness.
No! I can't let it happen!
Fight it Alec!
Fight it!
I held a deep breath and turned my head on both sides, in a way not to let myself lose consciousness.
" Ohh, poor Alexandria, does your head hurt?" Those mocking voices only belong to one person I know.
" Nicole? Why ?" I was so puzzled. I know this vixen hates my guts, but I never imagined it was so deep that it caused her to do this unthinkable act!
" You asked me why?" Her eyes become wide with frustration. She strode near me and gripped my hair forcefully.
I scream in agony.
" It's simple. I. HATE. YOU! " She yelled, spit on my face in disgust.
" I have hated you ever since high school and even worse in college! You have everything! Good friend. Boyfriend. Family! My teenage life went to hell because of you!" She spat on me.
" I'm so confused, how did I cause you so much pain without knowing it?" I cried in pain.
" Yes... Cry! Show me that you are hurting! It satisfies me to see you're in misery!" she yelled again in my face.
" What have I done to you, Nicole, to harbor so much hatred in your heart?" I tried to fight back by wiggling my head out of her grip.
" Oh? She's fighting. Listen to me, bitch! You're the reason for all of my misery, you act so perfect, yet people don't know how rotten you are inside! I am overlooking you already after I found out that you were pregnant, but you just can't keep your distance so far away from me, and now you're married to a billionaire, walking all over me again! You need to be dead! Do you hear me? When you're dead, it will only then that I can sleep good again. Peacefully without you visiting me in my dreams!" Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets from anger. Hatred is written all over her face, making her look, So intimidating and scary. I believe she's out of her mind. Whatever the real reason, why she's acting like this towards me. It was so deep that it affected her sanity! She let go of the strong grip on my hair and walked away from me. I stumbled on the ground and groin in pain as the handcuffs tightened more in my skin. Moments later, something exploded, darkness filled the room, small pieces of glass coming from the fluorescent light scattered everywhere.
" What the fuck Is going on?" Nicole spat at someone.
" Cops! Shit!" Someone cursed.
" Bring that fuck woman to me!" Nicole ordered one of her arm men. I felt someone halt me and pull me up from the ground, bringing me next to Nicole.
" You fucking bitch! You think because the cops are here, You are safe now? No! You're dead wrong! I'm going to kill you, myself, before the cops can save you!" She gripped my throat with one hand while the other hand held the cold metal gun on my forehead. I close my eyes. I felt my end was near. Flashes of memories flood in my vision.
Is this what it felt like when you knew your death was coming? I heard the clicking sound of the trigger unlocking the safety lock of the gun. I guess this is it. I still have so many dreams, yet my end is here. I wish to see my son again, cuddle him and pour him a thousand small kisses. I wanted to be with the only person who can make me so mad yet so in love at the same time. But then, again, my end is near. Life is so unfair! Did these short happy memories from the past few days after I accepted Clyde wholeheartedly be the price I should pay? I silently cried my longings, regrets, and sorrow for those people whom I will leave behind.
" So long, bitch!" She said in a mocking tone, But before she could even pull the trigger, I heard a few gun shots. It was so loud I could even feel my eardrums ringing. I was stunned by seeing Nicole fall on the ground. She screamed in agony, gripping tightly her right arm, blood soaking on it. When I scanned the surroundings, I screamed in horror that everyone was laying on the ground filled with blood, and motionless.
The only living people were me and Nicole. I felt so rattled, seeing all the dead bodies lying everywhere on the ground. Smelling the metallic crimson liquid everywhere made me feel dizzy. But before I lost my consciousness, I felt those familiar warmth embrace me from behind. Those familiar scents invade my sense of smell, which helps me feel less dizzy. I turn around, scanning the face of the man I love.
His face has mixed reactions of relief and guilt.
Someone from the task force helped un-cuff my hand. I hissed in pain but felt relief that my hands were now free. Clyde didn't waste time and held my face and kissed me! Words are not enough to express what we really feel, and magically only those warm hugs and kisses made me feel alright. Like I can face the world again after this nightmare.
" I miss you terribly." he whispered in my ears after we shared a kiss.
" Me too, Clyde, let's go home." I said to him exhaustedly.
" Right, let's go home." We started to walk out of the door when one from the special task force took our attention.
" Mr. Harlington, hold on a second." We both turned around.
" What is it?" Clyde asked.
" This woman is still alive, and she looked like the wife of the newly elected mayor of this town. What do you want us to do with her?" The officer asked.
" Let her rot in jail! She needs to pay for what she did to my wife!" Clyde said in his gritted teeth. The officer nodded and tried to lift her up.
She's still conscious and glaring daggers at me while hissing in pain.
" Let me go! You bastard! I will sue every one of you!" She screamed like she's out of her sanity.
" Nice try Lady, but you're going first in jail." the officer mocked.
" No! You can't! I'm the wife of the mayor of this town! I have power! You can't just put me in jail! Call my lawyer!" She shouted and demanded to the officer while struggling to escape from his firm grip.
Suddenly, I lost my coolness and walked straight to her. She stared at me with a willful look, like she's proud of what she did to me. My hand lifted and forcefully landed on her cheeks. I am furious with her.
" I hate you!" the words came out of my mouth so easily.
" I don't know what I did to you so wrong to end up like this, but I swear you will pay for your wrongdoing." I said to her before I turned around, reaching my hands to Clyde.
" Come back here, you bitch." I heard Nicole's nagging voice, then I heard the officer struggling, and before I could turn around to glance at her, I saw Clyde's brisk move embarrassing me switching our position around. Making his back facing the officer.
I heard two gunshots and then me and Clyde stumbled on the ground. My heart skipped a beat when I heard Clyde's groaning in pain. I felt warm, sticky fluids soak his shirt. I push him out of my body to scan where he's been shot. My hand is shaking.
" No, no, no! Somebody help me! I need a doctor, please!" I beg to nobody in particular. A few men came to assess the damage, giving Clyde's first aid. Someone cut his clothes and pressed some gauze to his wound right above his heart.
" Is he going to be alright? " I asked the men that were giving pressure to Clyde's wound.
" The ambulance is here, he will be alright ma'am but first let the other medics assess the wound in the back of your head" he said in a serious tone.
" No, I'm fine. Just make sure my husband is alright, please." I begged him.
" He will be alright, ma'am," I took a deep breath and scanned the surroundings. I felt my stomach churn, seeing Nicole's dead body on the ground. Her head is in a gruesome state. Then I felt my head spinning and before I knew it. I was back in the deepest darkness.