⚜Chapter-13⚜We're Back Ok⚜️

When the doctor arrived, I felt relieved.
The doctor gave him a shot of medicine through his arm.
He said that Clyde was over-fatigued, dehydrated and stressed. He even said that his immune system is low.
Which shocked me the most. I mean, he looked great and strong. I never thought of him dealing with this. The doctor advised me not to stress him and to feed him nutritious food on time.
I said yes to him, agreeing to all the instructions he left for me to do.
When the doctor walked out, Mr. Reid knocked on the door and asked if he could talk to me. I nodded at him, seeing his face so serious.
I left Clyde in Ms Charlotte's care.
We headed inside the office in silence.
No one dares to break it, which gave me the chance to observe him.
He has a tall frame and a nice body build, his suit and tie look good on him.
He has green, intense eyes which surely capture countless women's hearts.
Furthermore, he's a good match for my best friend back in Texas, who's visiting me next week.
My trance of thought was interrupted when I heard him call my name.
"Alexandria, would you mind if we take a seat? " He politely asked.
" Ohh, yeah. Sure, sorry, my mind is off somewhere." I apologized to him.
Goodness!
Where's my manners?
"I'm sorry but, if you don't mind me asking, did you guys have a fight before he went on a business trip to New York? " He asked curiously.
" I apologize, but I think this is none of your business, Mr. Reid, Please excuse me I need to go back to Clyde. " I said to him, dismissing our conversation. I don't like people invading my private life.
" No wait! Please hear me out first. Will you? " I looked at him, deciding whether to hear him out or not. Then I choose the first.
" Ok, go on, Mr. Reid," I said to him eventually. I saw him sigh in relief.
" Please, Alexandria, call me James. I'm not just a legal consultant in this household, I'm also Clyde's close's friend. Forgive me, but I think you are making things difficult for Clyde... I've known him ever since we were in high school.
I saw how things went rough on him...
When he finds out about you and his son, you don't know how much he suffers.
He punished himself because he picked his business and family matters over you...
He was raised to be like that, and you can't punish him emotionally because he wasn't there, and he didn't show up." James explained, but this irked me more.

" Wait, I'm sorry, but how can you be so sure about this? I mean, you're saying it like he's in love with me, it doesn't make sense! If he loves me, I believe that he will show up to me the moment he finds out about me and my son. But he didn't, Mr. Reid." I said to him sternly. I saw him take a deep breath while pressing his temple.
" If you want to know what happened to him over the past 6 years, then you have to look at his private room.
There, all of your questions will be answered.
Don't expect him to explain to you everything because he will never try to explain it.
He just doesn't know how to do it. Instead, find it out for yourself and free your heart.
I only wish you both happiness, I can see you guys both like each other and this thing in the past is stopping you from being happy," he smiled at me sadly before he stood up and left.
I was stunned by what I heard.  Not only that, but I felt offended that his going too far with this, but half of my mind was curious to find out why?
I wanted to know what Clyde did to himself for the past 6 years.
What's so important in that private room that is restricted to me?
Soon...I'll find out.
I promise to myself, I'm now more determined to know what's the secret behind that mysterious private room.
There are too many things that's bothering me, however, first thing first I stood up on the couch and went back to the master bedroom.
I dismissed Ms Charlotte and told her to go back to Alexander's room.
I sat on the bed next to him and gently laid my hand on his forehead to feel if he was still feverish.
I sigh in relief when I feel that it's not high anymore, though he still has a fever, it was light already. Not only that, but I know soon it will go down, and then he will be alright, probably tomorrow.

Now that I have a chance to stare at him without him knowing what I'm doing and not putting malice on it. I freely trace with my finger every single line, spot and freckles Clyde has on his face, even in his sleep he still has that strong enigmatic look. My fingertip lightly traces his soft red lips that kissed me this morning at the school.
I admit.
I miss it.
No.
Honestly, I longed for it, I dream of one day feeling those lips again with mine.
He looks more mature now than six years ago.
Before, he looked like a person who can party all night. But I guessed things changed abruptly in his life, which made him look more serious and scary.
I noticed everyone who is working in his household was not at ease with him whenever he was around.
They are scared to make mistakes in front of him.
But to me, he can joke and be a light person.
I don't know if it's good.
All I know is that he's giving me the wrong presumption that he's in love with me.
Or did he? I don't know.
Marriage without divorce makes me feel like he doesn't want to lose me.
However, it can also have a two-way meaning.
Maybe he doesn't want to lose me because he's scared that I'm going to take Alexander away from him.
Damn it! I'm so confused and, honestly, I don't know. The only way to answer my question is to seek it in that mysterious room. I felt him move, which took my strand of thought away. He moves his face closer to my chest, inhaling deeply, like he's smelling my scent. Then his breathing went calm, an indication that he was still asleep. My heart was pounding erratically, feeling his warmth and being so intimately close to him made my mind so cloudy.
His right hand automatically wrapped around my waist, while his one leg rested on my lower body.
I felt a chill all over my body, feeling his warm breath gently fanning on my chest.
It gives me a feeling of wetness and hotness down my lower region!
Goodness!
How can I sleep, if I'm so close to him like this?
No choice, I just made myself feel comfortable under his warm embrace.

Hey everyone.✌🏻️
Sorry for the late update,
I hope you enjoy this chapter.
The next update will be thrilling, so wait for it, guys...😊🙏🏼
Please don't forget to vote lovely readers🙏🏼💕
Thank you.