⚜Chapter-15⚜ Her thoughts⚜

⚜Chapter-15⚜
⚜️Her thoughts⚜

I stared at myself in the mirror and saw how swollen my lips were. I can still feel his warm lips with mine like it never leaves...
I don't know what's gotten into me, but after seeing how sick he is and how fragile he is when he's sick.
Furthermore, I just don't have a heart to ignore him.
I felt the need to nurse him and just shower him some love and affection.
Actually, I really don't know anymore where I should get the source to fight what I feel for him.
Half of my brain is telling me to be still, and not give in, but the truth is, every time he is near me and every time he tries to be close to me either by his sneaky little-trick.
I can't stop my heart from fluttering!
I can help but hold my breath!
Damn it!
I'm in a deep mess right now!
I knew it! The moment I agreed and let him kiss me.
I knew that the last piece of barrier was gone.
I can't help it anymore.
He's not just a special person in my life because he's my first, and the father of my son.
It is deeper than that.
The fact is, I love him..
And I'm scared because loving can be beautiful, it can lift you up and make you happy, your days are brighter and colorful, but once you get hurt it is like dying inside.
Everything became dull and lifeless that to the most they choose to die.
The hurt you feel when your heart is broken can never be defined, no good words can lessen the pain, and now here I am falling in the deep hole.
I just wish he felt the same, either way, what else can I do?
I figured out from myself I won't divorce him, not that I can.
But I knew I could sacrifice my life for my son's happiness.
He's my everything and I won't break his world.
I just can't bear tears falling in his eyes if ever this family breaks into pieces.
I don't know how many women will sacrifice their lives for their loved ones, but I will.
I brushed away my thoughts and took a shower.
The warmth coming from the shower helps me relax a bit.
There's no use in thinking things in advance.
I'll just let things happen on their own and face the reality of what might happen next.
When I had enough of the warmth of the water, I slid out of the shower and stared at myself in the mirror. I wipe the fog that emits on it because of the condensation.
I gasped, seeing those massive hickeys on my neck.
How am I supposed to hide this?
I groaned in frustration, I quickly dried myself and wrapped the towel around my breast.
I forgot to bring my change clothes inside the bathroom because my mind was clouded by what we did.
Damn! I can't believe how strong Clyde's presence affected me.
He just needed to kiss me, and I'm not myself anymore.
I quickly head outside the bathroom, straight to the walk in closet.
I chose to wear my old turtleneck dress I used to wear most of the time in the house of my Auntie Lilian to hide the love bites.
Jeez.
I haven't even got the time to visit my Aunt with all the stuff that is happening in my life now
I take note of that, maybe these coming weekdays after bringing my son to school I'll drop by to her.
After brushing my hair and letting it air dry.
I went out of the walk-in closet.
I saw Clyde's back in the bed with closed eyes, his body was under the blanket.
In one blink I was next to him worriedly feeling his forehead if he was sick again.
And yes, he is.
God-damn it!
I just want to yell at him and say, "look what I just said. No work, no going out of bed, but he never listened!"
I felt electricity flicker from my hand, down to every part of my body, when he reached for my hand and kissed it.
He looked at me with a half – sleeping eyes.
" I'm sorry I can't be with you and Alexander today. I feel horrible, kitten. I hate being sick, especially now that both of you are with me." he said with a heavy breathing as his fever got higher again.
" Shush, You still have a lot of time and days to be with us. Just please listen to me now and stay in bed, Clyde. You were abusing your body. That's why you're not healing quickly. " I said to him tenderly.
Sorry, I just can't be a motherly figure and scold him for not listening to me.
He smirks at me before pulling me in his hug.
" I thought you would scold me for not listening to you," He said with laughter slipping in his throat.
I didn't pull away from his hug, but instead snuggled more from his warm body.

" Clyde." I called his name, making him look down at me, our faces were just inches away from each other.
" Hmm? What is it, my little kitten? " He asked as his hand lifted, caressing the side of my cheek.
I felt my heart beating faster.
" Do you like me? " I asked, staring at those brown orbs of his.
I don't know what's got into me, but just suddenly I felt the need to know what he really feels for me.
Now, silence filled the room after those words slipped away from my lips.
Shit! I shouldn't have asked.
Now I don't even want to hear what he's going to say. I'm afraid to know the answer and if I can accept it. But then he moved and tilted my face up, so we could see each other's eyes as I looked down after I asked him if he liked me.
" You just don't know how much I liked you, Alexandria." he said with solemn eyes and a deep husky voice.
I felt my heart flutter a million times after hearing what he said.
God, this felt like heaven.
Though I wanted to ask him why he never visited us before. I stopped myself seeing how exhausted he was, by just trying not to sleep in case I still wanted to talk to him more.
Without thinking, I reached for his lips and kissed him.
Fuck off brain.
Now I just wanted to be with him without thinking logically. Instantly he kissed me back but then pulled away a minute after.
He tried to open his eyes and stare at me.
"I wanted to kiss you for as long as I can, my little kitten, but I'm afraid I might share the virus with you." his excuses for pulling away. Which brought a smile to my lips.
" Have a good sleep, Clyde." I said to him, tucking a few strands of hair behind his ears that covered his eyes before.
Hmm.. It was his reply before I heard him fall asleep with a smile tugged on his lips.
I took a deep breath and made myself comfortable again in his arms...
We woke up so early today that I also felt the need to take a nap.
Slowly, I drifted away.