Chapter-14 The moment i'm glad im sick

⚜️Chapter-14 ⚜️
⚜️The Moment I'm glad I'm sick⚜️

*CLYDE'S POV*

I wake up from the soft caress on my cheek, tracing the line of my lips.
I know who's doing it and I can't help but pretend I'm still asleep.
Furthermore, I don't know what she's thinking about me while staring at my angelic face.
But call me Mr. Sneaky as I'm taking advantage of this situation...
I draw myself near to her body, still pretending I'm asleep and I don't know she's there next to me...
God...
I miss her floral scent,
I will never forget that scent, from the moment I held her in my arms six years ago...
Her warmth gave comfort to my weak body.
Taking the risk of being kicked out of the bed. I wrapped my arm around her waist and laid my other leg on her lower body, carefully not to let my little junior touch her side or else I'll be busted...!
She was stiffened for a moment, but then I felt her move closer to my body and made herself comfortable under my warm embrace...
Moments later, I felt her calm breathing, I knew she had fallen asleep.
Still tired and exhausted from the trip and activities I did today with my son, slowly I drifted away....
The next morning, I wake from the rumbling sound of my stomach.
I haven't eaten last night, and I'm so hungry that I even dream of a chicken soup...
Remembering her sleeping next to me,
I move my hands to feel if she's still in the bed, but only a cold pillow and bedsheets welcome me.
I slowly opened my eyes and saw the room was still a bit dark.
It might be, still early?
When I look at my side table where my bedside clock stands.
I saw it's only five thirty in the morning...
Jeez., where did she go at this early hour...?
I tried to stand up but felt a bit dizzy, probably because I'm still weak, and I stood up quickly.
Then I heard the door open.
Instantly, I felt my stomach growl again after smelling the delicious aroma of a freshly made chicken soup.
Hell! How did she know that?
I saw my little kitten, holding a tray, she smiled at me like we are a normal couple.
I felt my heart stop for a moment.
She sat on the side of my bed and gently laid the tray in front of me...
She brought me a few pieces of toast bread, a mug of coffee and a bowl of chicken soup...
I can't believe I'm experiencing this right now.
She, being so sweet like this, I wish I'm always sick, so she can take care of me like this all the time.
" Eat this all, so you can take your medicine, Clyde. " She said to me after. I can't help but to smile like an idiot, this happiness I'm feeling right now, I can't keep it inside...
" Why are you smiling like that?" She asked curiously, a smile formed on her lips too while watching me.
" Hmm... nothing, I just dream of chicken soup, and now it's in front of me. " Then she laughed, which made me confused.
" Ohh. God... I'm sorry.... I can't help but to laugh...." she said, wiping a small tears that slipped away from her eyes.
" What's so funny, little kitten? " Damn. Do I look so horrible that she starts to laugh at me? But then just like she read my thought she quickly said.
"No.no.no. Please don't think of some worse case scenario, there's nothing wrong with you, Clyde. It's just that I woke up because you're talking in your sleep, you said you were hungry and ordered the chef to make you a chicken soup..." She then stood up and folded her arms above her chest.
" Sadly Mr. Clyde Almighty, you're saying it to me, so I stood up and made you breakfast."she smirked, making me fall hard for her.
God...
Did she make this for me?
Ohh, please make me more sick, so she can do this everyday...
I felt my heart filled with joy.
It's overwhelming.
" Thank you for taking care of me, little kitten, I don't know if I deserved this." I said to her after...
" Hey., stop being dramatic Clyde, I know we're not 'love-birds' but you're still my husband. You mean a lot to me and to Alexander, and I hate seeing you sick. " She smiled at me and laid her hands on top of my hands while holding the side of the tray...
" Now eat your food, before it gets cold..." she said in a motherly tone.
She took the spoon and fed me with the soup...
I'm enjoying this so much...
It's overwhelming to know I have a special place in her heart...
Though she said 'where not Love-birds' well not yet little kitten, but soon... I promise to myself.
I ate all the food she made and drank the medicine she gave to me...
Although I don't  like taking medicine. She instructed me to stay in bed while she brought back the empty tray from the kitchen...
But being stubborn as I am, I can't be quiet when I'm full, so I went outside the room and headed to my office, I took my MacBook and went back to the room...
I still need to check my emails and the stock market.
I was too busy typing back an email to my business associates when she came back and closed my MacBook.