Nico XII

When I woke up on Sunday morning, I dressed and went down the spiral staircase into the common room. The moment I appeared, the people who had already finished breakfast broke into applause again. The prospect of going down into the Great Hall and facing the rest of the Gryffindors, all treating me like some sort of hero, was not inviting; it was that, however, or stay here and allow me to be cornered by the Creevey brothers, who were both beckoning frantically to me to join them. They must have gotten bored of bothering Harry.

I walked resolutely over to the portrait hole, pushed it open, climbed out of it, and found himself face-to-face with Selena.

"Hello," she said, holding up a stack of toast, which she was carrying in a napkin. "I brought you this. . . . Want to go for a walk?"

"Good idea," I said gratefully.

We went downstairs, crossed the entrance hall quickly without looking in at the Great Hall, and were soon striding across the lawn toward the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflected blackly in the water. It was a chilly morning, and we kept moving, munching our toast, as I told Selena exactly what had happened after I had left the Gryffindor table the night before.

"Well, of course I knew he hadn't entered himself," she said when I finished telling her about the scene in the chamber off the Hall. "The look on his face when Dumbledore read out your names! But the question is, who did put it in? Because Moody's right, Nico . . . I don't think any student could have done it . . . they'd never be able to fool the goblet, or get over Dumbledore's age line."

I sighed, "What should I do? Harry's going to get himself hurt, and everyone probably thinks I'm evil or something."

She shrugged, "You should tell Will about the Triwizard Tournament later; he's your doctor and friend, he should have some advice."

"How about now?" I walked to the lake, where the morning mist from earlier hadn't yet faded and tossed a drachma in it. "O Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Will Solace at Camp Half-Blood."

In the mist appeared Will, fast asleep in the Apollo Cabin.

"Will!" I whispered, he didn't respond. "Will!" Still nothing.

Then Selena came up with the best idea ever, "Why don't we just shadow travel there, talk to him, eat lunch there, then come back in time for dinner?"

I jumped up, "Yes! Let's go!"

She swiped her hand through the Iris-Message, grabbed my hand, and shadow traveled us to Camp Half-Blood, right outside of the Apollo Cabin. She marched in, used her wand to levitate him, then dumped him in the lake.

She then stuck her wand in my hand. So when Will climbed out of the lake, he would think I was the one that dumped him in the lake.

Unfortunately for her, she didn't realize that Will knew nothing about wizards, fortunately for her though, he knew more about me than her.

When Will stormed out of the water, he immediately zoned in on me. "What was that for?"

I held up my hands and tossed the wand to Selena. "I didn't do it! It was Selena!"

He turned to Selena and regarded her with a strange expression. "Did you do it?"

She grinned. "Guilty as charged," she studied him. "So, Will Solace. I've heard a lot about you, you healed my brother's broken heart, I hold you in deepest respect."

"Who's your brother?" Will asked.

Selena smacked her forehead with her palm. "Nico!"

Will blushed, "Thank you, but why did you dunk me in the water?"