Nico XXXI

"Nico?" An annoying sounding voice asked, "Niiiiiiccoooooooooo?"

I instinctively pulled out my sword and sat up, swinging it at the speaker.

"Calm, child." Another voice said, "Potter, get back here."

I suddenly recognized the second voice as Serena's and fell back onto the bed. "What time is it?"

"Five in the afternoon,"

I opened my eyes, "Bianca?"

"Hey, little brother," Bianca said, smiling at me.

I felt my breath catch in my throat as I gazed at my older sister. Frankly, it had all seemed like a messed up demigod dream to taunt me of the things I couldn't have. "You're alive," I whispered, catching her hand in mine.

"I would like to think so, yes." Bianca squeezed my hand in hers.

I noticed how she still looked the same age that she was when she had died and suddenly felt self-conscious. While I had aged and wasn't the same ten year old I had been, Bianca had been... dead.

Selena subtly gestured for everyone else to leave and thankfully, they did.

"How are you feeling?" Bianca asked softly.

"Like I got drugged by a creepy old man," I stated.

Bianca snorted, "Other than that?"

"As well as any demigod can feel, I suppose." I shrugged.

"Good,"

A stretch of awkward silence ensued as Bianca and I kinda just stared at each other.

"This is awkward," Bianca said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah,"

"I missed so many years of your life," Bianca looked down at their entwined hands. "I'm sorry, can you ever forgive me?"

"Bianca," I ducked so that I could look her in the eyes. "There's nothing to forgive. You're my big sister, I'll always love you."

"Aw, isn't this cute?" Dumbledore said from behind them.

"How did you get in?" Bianca asked, reaching for her weapons.

"Ah, this is my school, is it not?" Dumbledore asked, smiling benignly. "I just came to say congratulations to our dear boy Nico here."

"You've said them," I said stiffly.

"This is the part where you leave us alone." Bianca prompted.

Dumbledore left, a twinkle in his eye.

"I don't like the look of that twinkle." Bianca growled. "If he ever tries to hurt you, I am going to slowly peel off his skin and cover him in fire ants. If he's still alive after that, I will douse him in water and turn him into a popsicle for Artemis' wolves."

"I think he would give them indigestion," Selena remarked, walking in. "Also, guess who I found? Yes, by 'found' I do mean 'kidnapped'." She tilted her head to gesture to Serena.

Serena smirked, holding a small, golden bunny in her hands. "Isn't he cute?"

I paled, realizing who she must have been talking about. "Serena! Change him back!"

Serena pouted, "But he's so cute this way!"

"I think Nico would find him cuter in his actual form." Selena said dryly. "When you said that you restrained him, I didn't think you meant you transfigured him into an animal! Serena, remember that we're not as overpowered as we were before! We could seriously injure or kill someone on accident by attempting magic that we—in this form—are not capable of withstanding!"