Chapter Eleven: Airport Raid

*Marcy's POV*

After the rush of our robberies and killing a man, actually taking someone's life away, I had to get way. I grabbed a big baggie filled with coke and headed to Mark's. If there was someone that would understand how I felt I figured he would and of course the numbness from the sweet white powder would take me away. The drive to his apartment felt like forever but once I got there I grabbed my purse and ran up the stairs. I found his door and just started pounding on it, it was so loud I probably woke his neighbors. I didn't care though, I was hellbent on getting into his arms.

Mark appeared after 10 hard bangs.

"What's the matter?" His voice was full of concern as he looked into my frazzled eyes.

"I just need to be with you right now. Away from everything else." I walked into the apartment, relaxing just slightly. I jumped a little as Mark wrapped his warm arms around my waist, giving me a light kiss on the neck.

"Now tell me what's wrong" He whispered.

"We went out last night, we were going to rob some stores in Imperial county to prep ourselves for tonight. It was cool, we got tons of money but then this asshole at the second place held a gun up to Trinity." I had to pause a second, water filling my eyes."So I shot him. I killed him! Shot him right in his face." I turned so our faces were together, looking up at him I couldn't control my tears as they slowly flowed from my eyes.

"Oh babe, don't get so upset. You saved your friend." He wiped the tears off my cheeks and kissed me. His kiss made everything seem okay. He was right after all, I did save my friend. I pulled away from his lips and excused myself to the bathroom. I said I needed to freshen up, which was true, to an extent.

I washed my face with some water and then set up some lines. Mark made me feel so comfortable but I needed to be completely numb, at least for awhile. I did them quickly, so not to draw any attention to my bathroom presence. Before I left I flushed the toilet and ran the water, just to insure he didn't suspect anything. Maybe I was just being paranoid, who knows.

When I came out he was holding a cup of hot chocolate and he led me to the couch. He was so damn sweet! We cuddled up to each other, just watching some old cowboy movie that was playing.

"Maybe you should sit out tonight, seeing as you aren't feeling so well. I've talked to Logan and I'm going to be on watch at the site. This means I'll be able to keep the other cops away if they happen to hear about something. You can stay here if you want. You'll be safe." His words were soft, making me melt.

"I don't know. I mean, I should be there with the girls. They're going to think I'm a pussy." This, I was sure of. They were all so cool with just seeing that man dead. It hadn't bothered any of them, why was it bothering me? I saved Trinity's life!

"I'll talk to the girls, though." I smiled, feeling much better in the comfort of Mark's arms. "Oh, I also meant to ask if you could see if anyone was on to the robberies or the death from last night."

"Of course I'll look into it. That was the first thing I thought about when you told me." He smiled.

*Trinity's POV*

Marcy was in a hurry to leave when we got back to the house but me and the other girls sat in a circle in one of the bedrooms. I emptied the duffle bag of cash into a pile in the center of our small circle. Money floated slowly down, in all directions.

"Holy shit!" Lola gleamed as we all stared at the pile in front of us.

"How are we going to count all of that!" Vixen asked, her face scrunched up.