CHAPTER1

:Prologue:

I sat up quickly. Awoken to reality. I dreamt of the old days. About how things used to be. About how I wish they were.

I was so naive back then. I was gullible and blinded by a faux love. A love that now no longer exists.

I look to my right. Sheets.

Sheets upon sheets where his body lay when I fell asleep. Where is he?

This isn't anything new. He was in one of two places.

One: his office downstairs, which was always off limits to me. Two: out. Which I never knew where that was.

I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:00am. On time. Everyday. Same routine.

It was as if my mind and body was its own alarm. I would wake myself up by dreams and then nightmares.

I sighed and walked towards the bathroom.

To my surprise there he was.

Staring in the mirror. Not saying a word.

Something was wrong.

"Baby?",I stepped inside.

I was scared to come any further. I knew what could come out of his fits.

"Leo? Are you okay in here?"

I dared myself. The rushing and pumping of adrenaline filled my weak veins as I touched his arms.

It didn't last long.

All I heard was the loudest smack.

The only thing that seared through me was pain and more fear. I fell to the ground and held my face.

I could feel it swelling already.

I didn't dare look up at him. I didn't dare cry.

It would only make matters worst.

I stared at the floor in defeat. Promising myself for the last time that I would get him back. That I would make Leo fall to his knees.

Like how I am now.

"Get up. We have somewhere to be Betty."

His tone was even and flat. It chilled my face as he stepped across me and out the room

"Paulina!",I could hear him downstairs calling our in home maid.

Her loyalty on money thick. If it wasn't for that she would tell every wrong he has ever done to me. Soon she would have to.

As I heard her footsteps I promised myself over and over that this would be the last time.

"I'm so sorry sweety. Come on, you know the drill.",she smiled kindly and sympathetically at me as I put one hand to my stomach and the other hand in Paulina's.

She helped me up before smiling at my fully erect belly.

"Anyday now huh?",she asked as she led me downstairs.

I smiled and nodded. Trying to keep my stress levels down. I couldn't miscarry another baby.

"Leo will be so happy."

My faint smile dropped instantly.
In that moment I knew exactly what had to be done. It would take careful plotting but I don't care.

Leo would never see this child.

I was plotting his down fall. Him and everyone who watched.

I only nodded and she rubbed rubbing alcohol on my growing bruise.

Inside. I felt more empowered than ever.