(20)

:Revenge²:

(Betty)

I zipped up my black jacket and kissed Quan on his cheek before kissing Jackson. Who slept with us tonight.

I reached under the bed carefully. I didn't want to wake them up.

I pulled out a small white cooler which contained all I needed. I pulled the black hoodie over my head and left swiftly and quietly.

(Larry)

I stared at my wife as she slept beside me. Janice was a beautiful woman. I adored her and would do anything for her.

I sighed as I turned off my lamp. I laid down on the comfortable pillow. Something was missing. I didn't feel the gun underneath.

I felt underneath the pillow only to feel sheets. I panicked as I searched under Janice's pillow and the sheets.

"Looking for this?",I heard a familiar voice say.

My heartbeat increased immediately. With the lights still off I could barely see the glint of the gun as the moonlight through the window hit it.

"How did you get in past the guards?",I asked curiously.

How could I have slipped this bad? How could my guards have slipped this bad?

"You told them all to take the night off."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I wasn't as untouchable as I thought I was. Somebody had gotten through and it wasn't a man.

"I'm guessing they hadn't seen Keisha yet.",the female voice said.

I could hear my wife's snores and shuffling from the other side of the room.

"How do you know about that?"

There was a light chuckle. It reminded me so much of someone but I couldn't put finger on who.

"I know everything. I know how she's carrying your child and how you're cheating on Janice."
"Shhhhhh."

The chuckle rose in the air again. Janice snores became lighter. Meaning she was waking up.

"I won't tell her but you have to do something for me."

I nodded as if I was visible.
"What might that be."

"Tell me who raped your brothers wife."

My eyes widened. Why would anybody want to know that? The person didn't sound like Betty but then again I'd never know. She barely spoke.

"Who am I speaking with?",I probed.
"I need names.",the voice shot back.

Janice turned in her sleep. I paused before speaking again.

"Hailey Bail and Dre Morgan."

I let out a shaky breath. I was a dead man but I had to keep my secrets in the closet. If Janice ever found out a lot would come out. Things I can't explain.

"Good. I appreciate your time."

The person shuffled. I could tell the gun was still aimed at me.

"I won't tell anything about Keisha and you want say anything about our encounter."

"I won't I swear."

There was a light chuckle before something heavy was tossed in my lap. It was cold and wet. I felt hair even.

"That's just a little motivation not to talk but I suggest you not touch it until I say so."

I immediately rose my hands. I felt like such a bitch but what could I do? I was caught.

"Count to fifty five and then turn on the light. I hope you don't have a light stomach."

I felt sick immediately. What the hell was in my lap.

"Oh and thanks for doing what I said. If you would have turned in the light before your time was up you would have set off a bomb big enough to blown your finger off."

I felt as hard as stone. I could hear Janice's light snores again.

"32 seconds left. Remember what I said Larry."

I counted down in my head as the weight of whatever was in my lap felt heavier. I counted ten seconds over. I didn't even hear the person leave but there presence was gone.

I turned on the light and immediately rushed to the bathroom to throw up.

With a red B written in marker on his forehead. It was James head.

Decapitated.