CHAPTER4

:Escape:

(Betty)

I rocked back and forth on the bed in the guest room. I stared at my packed duffel bag. Tonight was the night I left.

I just had to be patient and wait.

I pushed the bag under my bed. The only thing left to do was pack a little food and money. I knew all the passwords to the accounts.

I had to get all the money out of it that I could.

There was a hard knock on my door before Gina burst in. I didn't even make a face.

That bitch would get what she deserved. I didn't even plan on revenge anymore.

"Hey I need you to serve Leo and his boys the drinks. Their watching the game."

She had the rudest face and attitude towards me. I nodded and she started to walk out.

"Wait."

She turned around with a slight roll of her eyes.

"Don't you ever think about how I feel? You don't feel bad about what you're doing?",I asked desperately looking for anyone to care. Somebody.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. She shook her head with the most sarcasm I had seen all week.

"Not really. Leo and me are in love. He only keeps you around because you're carrying his child. If it wasn't for that bastard boy you would have turned up missing a while ago.",she had no emotions in her voice. She didn't care.

I swallowed hard as she walked off.

I didn't have any tears left. She would get what was coming to her but I didn't have the time to get revenge.

I got up and walked over to the huge living room. All three couches were filled with gorgeous women and men. Couples.

All watching the game and conversing.

There were three couples.

One was Leo's brother Larry and his wife Janice. The other was a good family friend.

Loretta and James. The third:Gina and Leo.

I walked in front of them. I stood on the side of the aligned couches to stay out of the way of the TV.

"Um..hi, do you guys want anything?",I asked lowly.

It was already late. I just hoped they went home soon.

Janice fanned me.
"Yeah get me a tea. Make it fast.",Larry said.

I nodded and went to the next couple.

Loretta and James.

"Would you guys like anything?",I asked. I forced a smile on my face.

"Yeah we both want sprites.",James said for them both.

He or Loretta didn't look me in the eyes. They stayed in their own world.