(17)

:Scheming:

(Leo)

I sighed as I sat in front of my father Leo the second, and my younger brother Larry. I just had to come sit with them for a while.

Not only for business reasons but because I needed some space away from Gina.

My phone vibrated. I checked it, thinking it was a text messages from Gina Or one of my hoes.

But it wasn't. It was a notification that the ring had moved. From the bank, to the pond shop and back.

I could only wonder if Betty had found out I was tracking her.

"Brother. How are you? You look tense."

I smiled and continued watching the football game.

"I'm fine. As long as this business is alive I'm doing great."

(Betty)

I had the blueprint of Larry's house in my purse. Thanks to Ham.

I felt so relieved and loved. But I had one more stop to make before I went home.

I drove by Paulina's apartments. She lived with her husband and her daughter lived in the apartment next to her with her boyfriend and two kids.

I missed my dear friend and I needed her help and comfort before I started a war.

I knocked on Paulina's door.

No answer.

I did the same for the daughters door and a woman came out. A very unfamiliar woman.

"Hi does a girl by the name of Pat live here? She has two kids and a boyfriend.",I said politely.

"No they were evicted. I used to live down the hall."

I was in shock. What had happened to Paulina?

"Do you know why?"

She lit her cigarette.

"Yeah. Something about them being immagrants. Hell if I know."

I felt like my heart had sunk. Leo had done this. He had sent her back across the border.

"Thankyou."

With that I went home. Tommorow was the start of a war.