(22)

:Errands:

(Betty)

I smiled at Quan as he fed Jackson his late dinner and I washed dishes. Since he was asleep when we ate he decided to feed him when he woke up.

I dried the last plate and placed it in the dish drain.

I wiped my hands and grabbed my black jacket and Quans car keys. As I went to put on my shoes Quan questioned me.

"Baby where you going?",he asked.

I smiled at him as I laced my shoes.

"I'm just going to run some errands. I'll be right back baby."

******

I checked my phone as I sat quietly at the police station. Its been a good thirty minutes since I've been here.

The police officer came back out with the folder I needed.

"Yeah. Hailey Bail is in jail for a petty theft but there isn't a Dre here."

I nodded a thank you. I had to face my rapist and that wouldn't even be the end of the journey I had to go through.

"What jail is he in? I'd like to bail him out."

*******

I sat in my car. Waiting for him to exit.

He held a phone and was talking on it. It must have been the phone he had when he was arrested.

I squinted my eyes at him as a car pulled up. I immediately felt fear when I noticed his features. The scar under his eye that resembled a comma.

I took in a sharp breath but pushed myself forward.

I started intently at the drivers plate on the back of the car as it pulled off.

I smiled.

(Gina)

He was going crazier and crazier everyday without her. Leo. It was scaring me how much little relevance I was anymore to him.

I didn't understand any of it. How can you want her back after all that you'd done to her. In front of her face. Betty.

I sighed as my hand rested on my limp belly. The one where a baby once lived.. I was almost four months pregnant and I didn't gotten one thing I craved.

The house is always a mess and I'm always too worn our to even try and clean it. Leo is always gone and he has the nerve to cheat on me in my face.

He has only gone to one doctors appointment with me and he didn't even stay for it.

I was beginning to feel what karma was. I felt like the scum of the earth and looked even worst half the time.

I didn't know how Betty did it but I hoped that she'd come back.
Not only for Leo's sake but mines too.

(Betty)

I stared at my baby. Seeing so much of that evil man in him. I had to make sure he was okay.

I had to plan things out more carefully. Before my child didn't have a mother.

I kissed his forehead and went into Quan and I's room. I laid on his chest and our heartbeat was the same.

"Betty?",he said.

My eyes were closing.

"Yes?"

I could feel his body tense up.

"I have a feeling I know what you're doing."

My eyes slowly opened. I swallowed hard.

"But I'll love you anyway. I just want you to promise me something."

I sat up on his chest and looked at him. I straddled his lap and nodded.

He grabbed my hand before speaking.

"Will you promise to always come back to me?"

I let the tears fall as he sat up underneath me. Our foreheads touched as a year slid down my face.

He kissed my forehead and stared me in the eyes. Both his large hands on each side of my face. He searched my eyes for an answer. 

"I promise."

One more update today or no?
What do you think will happen next?

Comments are appreciated😊