CHAPTER11

:Motivation:

(Quan)

I continued to rock Jackson as he cried into my ear. Where the hell was Betty?

"No mom. I don't want you judging her. Shit!"

I laid Jackson down in between two pillows as I went to heat up the bottle. I completely forgot it was cold.

I could hear his desperate cries from the kitchen.

"Stop that cussing.",my mom said through the phone.

I sighed.

"Just ask her about dinner tommorow and then call me back.",my mother said.

She then hung up in my face.

I sighed and took the bottle out of the refridgerator but I didn't hear Jackson crying anymore.

I rushed to the back, fearing he had been taken, and saw Jackson laughing and playing with Betty. If not for the different skin and eye colors, he looked just like Betty.

I sighed in relief. Betty tucked Jackson under her arm and smiled at me while reaching for the bottle.

"Where were you?",I asked as I handed her the bottle. She started feeding and kissing Jacksons face.

"Visiting an old friend."

Her response was vague and unbelievable. I didn't trust it but I trusted her so I laid beside her.

Inhaling her and Jacksons scent.

"Well..okay baby girl.",I went to sleep under them both. Feeling once again at home.

(Betty)

I slipped on my black skully as I walked around the bed. I kissed Quan on his forehead.

He moved a little in his sleep. Causing a smile to form on my face.

A genuine one.

It was safe to say I was falling for him.

I walked over to Jackson who was in His crib. I kissed his forehead before leaving the room and the house.

I got in Quan's car. I drove to the person I needed at the moment.

Ham.

(Ham)

I was awoken to loud banging. I felt around the nightstand and felt my glasses. Slipping them on.

I looked at the time on my phone.

1:45am

The banging continued and I got out of bed. I grabbed my gun from under my pillow before going downstairs to my front door.

When I opened it I had my gun pointed directly at a persons head. They wore all black with a black skully.

"Who sent you?"

The person didn't answer.

I looked closer with my gun still aimed. Their eyes looked so familiar.

The person rose their hands in surrender.

I grabbed the skully and slipped it off of their face.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"Betty? What the hell?"

(Betty)

I sat in front of him as he continued eating his slice of pizza. The same as I remember.

"So you want me to train you to be a killer?",he asked for verification.

I nodded. He chewed and swallowed his bite of pizza before putting it down.

He stared at me for a while before leaning back.

"Why did you come here so late? I know Leo wouldn't allow that.",he said.

His voice showing a hint of concern. He was always the only one in that house that cared about me.

Leo hired him and his men to do his dirty work. He fired him when he found out he beat me.

He was like my older brother.

"There's alot of things he doesn't know about. So are you going to help me or not?"

He smiled and nodded.

"I see you had it."

I smirked. When he found out I was pregnant he got fired the same day.

I didn't even get to tell him if it was a boy or girl.

"His name is Jackson."

He chuckled.

"Well that's step one."

I knew he could see the confusion on my face. He leaned forward in the table with His elbows.

Becoming face to face with me.

"Finding a motivation."

(Quan)

I woke up in an empty bed. I furrowed my eyebrows.

I panicked and ran in the kitchen.

Betty was cooking breakfast with Jackson on her hip. Playing low music.

He chewed on the shirt she was wearing. Which was my shirt.

The only thing she was wearing. Besides some socks.

"Good morning baby girl.",I said from behind her.

She turned a little and smiled. I walked up behind her.

Laying my head on her shoulder and wrapping my arm around her waist.

Jackson started whining for me.

"It smells good baby.",I mumbled against her neck.

She smiled and continued flipping pancakes. She leaned into my embrace and I breathed her scent in.

"Quan please..I'm not ready yet."

She turned the stove off and I backed off of her. Jackson reached for me and I grabbed him.

"I know. I'm fine with waiting for you."

She walked up to me and pecked my lips.

"I don't believe the wait will be much longer."