(36)

:Graduation:
Five chapters left

(Betty)

I walked in his room feeling fresh and clean as I carried Jackson on my hip and a suprise in the other hand. Quan smiled as he saw me walk in.

I brought him graduation balloons and a cake. Quan stared in shock as I brought everything in. He started smiling so hard.

I sat Jackson beside him and kissed his cheek.

As I sat down I felt something crumple in my jeans. I pulled it out and saw it was an envelope.

The one I had tried to forget about. Given directly to me.

From Janice.

(Leo)

I sat on the last row as the funeral went on. A double funeral actually.

For the families of Hailey and Dre.

I couldn't believe Betty's ass. I was on a hunt to get her. Not only because of that but because my father depended on it.

It was bringing down sales and if I didn't have her in two days I was as good as Larry.

The funny thing is that Dre had the most pain suffered. He had a tattoo on his stomach. Done by an amateur.

It read I'm a rapist.

It looked as if it was done over and over again because the letters were so thick. Doctors said he died of blood loss and pain. Too much pain for the brain and body to handle.

I sighed as everyone stood in silence and appreciation for their families. Faint sobs were heard throughout the crowd as I silently walked out the church.

I had had enough.

It was time for me to get Betty back and I just needed one clue to get there. Just one.

All I needed was one clue to get to her and I would be home free.

(Betty)

The letter had been sitting in between my thighs since I sat down in front of Quan. Doctors say his gun wound is healing nicely and that he should be able to leave by tomorrow.
Honestly...I was scared for him to.

Because I knew the danger that lies ahead and he didn't.

"What are you thinking about?",he asked sleepily.

I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Nothing Mookie. The future."

He chuckled at the fact that I called him by his nickname.

"My love.",he whispered and kissed the top of my hand.

I smiled contently. He was honestly everything I wanted in someone. He was my everything and it pained me that soon I would have to leave him.

"Quan what would you do if I ever left? Would you move on or hope for me to come back?",I asked curiously.

He sighed and stared down at our son.

"I'd hope for you to come back."

I smiled and nodded.

"And what if I didn't come back?",I asked as tears welled in my eyes.

He sighed again. Staring off into space.

"I wouldn't search for anyone else. There's no one that can take your place because there's no one like you. No one that can understand me like you do and for that I would just hope that one day we could meet again. It's not like I don't know love.",he said cautiously.

I chuckled. I knew that he had caught on to some of what I was doing but I'd never tell him the full plan until it was all over. He would cloud my mind too much.

"What do you think I'm doing?",I asked.

He smiled.

"I just know. I have a feeling. And honestly, I agree with your decision. You didn't deserve what happened to you that day and I should have been there to protect you. I was so oblivious and I really apologize for that."

I allowed a tear to fall as Jackson shuffled on his side.

"Don't blame yourself. It would have happened either way. They probably would have made you watch.",I said.

He nodded.

"I still love you either way."

I smiled.

"I love you too Mookie."

He chuckled.

We sat in silence for a while. With our hands intertwined and I could feel the paper in between my thighs. As if it was getting stiffer and stiffer.

"Hey I'll be right back okay?"

I looked at Quan to see he was asleep. Then I opened the letter.

With so many emotions flooding my mind I had to. After all that Janice had done to purposefully hurt me when I was pregnant I didn't want to cause the same onto her. Or Gina surprisingly.

Being with Leo was karma enough in my opinion.

As I exited the room I read the letter and became shocked at what it said.

To:Betty

Hey this is Janice. I just wanted to apologize for everything I did to you. I know it may not mean anything now but I sincerely apologize.

If you're still in the hospital like I heard you were, please stop by and visit. Room 307.

I had enough on my plate but I had a mission to do. And if she wanted to see me then so be it.

I Made my way towards her room.