Chapter 8

Darkness. That's all I could see. My body ached and my eyes hurt. The area I was in was hot and muggy, making me even more weak.

What happened?

Daniel and I came home, we heard a noise, and we investigated.

Those men! I remembered.

Daniel.

Where's Daniel, find Daniel.

I spread my arms in the air and on the surface I seemed to be laying down on. I kept waving them until my fingers brushed something. I gripped it and realized it was an arm. It must be Daniel's arm! I shook him until he woke from unconsciousness.

"Huh? What?" He murmured and I heard shuffling, he must be sitting up. "Where am I?"

"Daniel," I said weakly.

"Izzy?" He asked. "Izzy are you OK?" He said with a concerned tone. The area we were in jiggled and lurched us to the side. Then it came to a stop. A door opened and light filled the small room we sat in. I think it's the back of a car.

"Get out here!" Hollered a voice from the outside, I couldn't see their face because the light was blinding me. We stayed put, not moving towards the voices. "Get out!" We still didn't move. The voice grunted and ordered some one to force us out. Daniel and I were pulled to the dirt ground.

I looked up at our surroundings, trees everywhere. The dirt road we lay on lead to an old, rusty, worn-down warehouse. graffiti plastered the sides and the broken windows had scattered glass around in the dead grass.

"Up!" Ordered a man, I glanced at Daniel and he nodded. We both stood up hesitantly, I rose much slower than him because of my lack of strength. I'm just glad I escaped the hot car and I basically thanked the Lord that it seemed to be only 60 degrees and partly cloudy today. 

Is today even the same day we were kidnapped? Then it hit me; panic.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, we were freaking kidnapped, ohmygod. I started to breath heavily, my chest heaving up and down. I looked around frantically and started to wobble. Daniel noticed and rushed to me.

"Izzy, Izzy, it's OK," He pulled me into a hug and I felt less anxious. 

"Aye, back up. We were told to keep you two separate." Said a man and Daniel let go of me. The man looked familiar. He was the one that kidnapped us, the one that pinned Daniel down. 

Wait, does Daniel still have those gloves on? I looked down at Daniel's hands, placed tightly on his hands were the leather gloves. How come he couldn't take them off earlier?

"Come on, follow me." Demanded a tall, buff, stone-faced man with a deep voice. 2 of the 5 men went ahead of us while 3 others lingered behind. We started heading towards the opposite direction of the huge warehouse.

I walked as close to Daniel as I could, which wasn't really close. A man stood between us. I leaned forward a bit and peeked at Daniel, he did the same. I glanced back at the warehouse then to him, maybe he'll understand that I want him to run towards the warehouse the same time as me. He was confused for a moment but then understood, he nodded. I looked back at the other men, they're the only thing in the way. Daniel noticed too and looked at me. I got an idea. I used my hands to motion that we should split up and go around the men. That might work. 

It might. 

Daniel agreed with my plan with a nod. 

On three, I mouthed. 

One.

Two.

Three.

We ran in opposite directions and slipped around the baffled men. One was quick and grabbed Daniels hand. To my surprise, he tilted his head and bit the man's hand. The man howled in pain and held his hand. I continued to run as fast as my weak body would let me with Daniel run by my side. he ran ahead and pulled me along with him.

The men ran after us, cursing as they did. We finally entered the warehouse and swerved through it, going in different directions together and behind various objects to try to loose them. After what seemed forever, we came to a stop behind a large piece of metal. I heaved air into my lungs loudly but tried to quiet myself. Rapid foot steps passed our hiding spot and receded as the men traveled farther from us.

I poked my head around the metal and saw the coast was clear. But Daniel wanted to stay hiding longer. I agreed and huddled next to him till darkness fell upon the sky. I tried to get up, but I fell to the ground. He continuously asked if I was OK or needed to rest a while longer. I finally made it to my feet, then Daniel gasped.

"What's that on your neck?" He asked. I put my hands on my neck and started searching for whatever the heck Daniel was talking about. My fingers brushed against some sort of patch on my neck.

"What the h-" I started to peal it off, which stung a bit. I winced and began to pull it off fast, like you'd with a band aid. It came off, and I examined it. It looked exactly like a band aid, but was completely white and gave off heat, lots of it. I quickly dropped it and backed away from it. That must have been what was causing me to be weak, all that heat, right on the back of my neck located by my spine, the center of my nerves. 

Daniel bent over and picked it up, "So this was why you were slow?" I nodded my head. Daniel rolled it up and threw it off into a pile of rusty junk.

"We should get out of here, I don't want to get Tetanus." I shivered and glanced at all the rust covered sharp object around me. 

We rushed out of the warehouse into the dark. 

"Where do we go?" He asked. 

"I don't know, but we have to go somewhere."

Stay in the warehouse, we'll be their in a minute. I stiffened, I slowly looked at Daniel. His face was in shock, he must have heard it, too. Before we could say anything, someone spoke out.

"Isabella, Daniel, I'm glad you stuck around," Said a familiar voice, Daniel and I grasped each other's hands and glanced all around for the source of the sound. 

Then a boy our size stepped out of the shadows, "Nathan?" I asked, squinting at him. He nodded and gave me a kind smile. 

"Yeah," He chuckled nervously. 

"Who the hell-" Daniel started, I glared at him. "Never mind." He finished quietly.

"I have a lot to explain," Nathan said.