Chapter 9

"Damn right, you got a lot of explaining to do!" Daniel exploded, his eyes started glow a bright red as they always do when he's furious or frustrated. I think this whole situation made him feel both.

"No, Danny, it's alright, he goes to our school... I- I think he's like us..."

Daniel's face softened and he began to calm a bit, his eyes returning back to their normal brown color.

"Look I know this is all so confusing and scary but-" Daniel cut him off.

"Why in the hell cant I take off these god forsaken gloves?!" He held up his hand and ran the other through his messy hair and sighed heavily.

"It's OK, I can take them off," Nathan stepped forward towards Daniel, Daniel stepped back not knowing whether to trust him or not. He examined the new boy and slowly held his hands forward towards Nathan.

He placed his hands on Daniel's palms and closed his eyes, he breathed in heavily and held his breath while lifting his head towards the sky. His eyes started to glow bright blue and white behind his eyelids, as well did his hands.

I gazed at the sight, amazed. Soon, Nathan's whole body started to slightly glow the same color, the light lifted towards the air and swirled slowly in a tornado like manner. Everything seemed to shake and he let out the breath he had held in for so long. He stumbled backwards, dazed.

Daniel started to pull at the gloves, after they started to slip off, he ripped them off and threw them to the ground, even stomping on them.

Nathan held his hand to his chest and bent downward, pinning his other hand on his knee, catching his breath.

"I'm still a bit rusty at that, I never had a need to do it," He said once he could breath normally.

"That... was... amazing," I managed a small smile.

"But not for me," He sighed and placed his hands on his hips, "Who ever did that must have really wanted you to not take those off, there was a spell on them and only a certain word would make them come off," he explained, "but I cheated it."

"Did it hurt?" I asked concerned.

"A little."

"Thank GOD!" Daniel laughed, "I thought I would never be able to burn anything ever again!"

"You know that voice in your head?" Nathan asked, ignoring Daniel. I nodded and then became confused, how did he know about that? "That was me, I was your own Jiminey Cricket."

"That was you?!" I exclaimed, Daniel gave him a shocked face.

He nodded, "Yeeup. Listen." I closed my eyes and listened.

I like your eyes, don't tell your brother though, he'd probably tease me till I die.

I opened my eyes and felt my face heat up.

"What did he say?!" Daniel question, curious. 

"N-nothing," I said, Nathan grinned, I changed the subject to try to stop blushing. "When you said 'we are coming', that means more than one. Were are the others?"

"Well, I actually meant that we were going to go get them."

"How did you even get here?" Daniel asked.

"I teleported."

"What!?" Daniel exclaimed.

"Nah, I'm just kidding." He laughed, one of the most contagious laughs I've ever heard. I laughed with him.

* * *

After an hour of hitch-hiking and walking, we made it back to civilization and found out we were in the old shoe factory near the next town over.

Well, it was Nathan who eventually told us after we had asked.

Once we reached out town, Daniel and I demanded to go home to see Mom and Dad, knowing them, they probably call the whole police force to look for us, given that we were kidnapped.

Nathan argued against it, saying that we'd probably be in trouble and that we already have enough to deal with. I finally gave in but Daniel stayed persistent, he huffed and even stomped his foot on the ground like a child not getting what he wanted, his eyes glowed, too, indicating he was pissed. Daniel loves Mom, and I mean loves her, he has always been a Mama's boy.

Pretty soon, he became tired and gave up. We walked towards the Cafe Nathan told us about, saying that the "Others" would be their, I begged him to tell me, even in my head, he still didn't say a word about it.

"I want to see your reactions," He smirked, but hid it like a stolen gem, thought, I totally  wasn't implying that his smile was as beautiful as a gem, I don't know what you were thinking.

"We'll be pretty surprised I bet," I said.

"Yup."