Chapter 11

I sat on the swings and watched as Jason and Daniel both played with their powers, Jason would use the wind to knock Daniel off his feet. Daniel would surround himself with a circle of small flames and would let Jason blow them out.

On the platform above the slide, Olivia and Jake sat together, exchanging small talk. Olivia's power, water, is quite interesting. She doesn't have to eat much and water can pour from her fingertips. No wonder she never ran out of water on hot days and only ever drank it at lunch time, that would also explain why she's thin, not an unhealthy thin, though.

Nathan came over and sat in the swing beside mine.

"Magnificent, isn't it?" A smile played on his lips and he looked towards me for a response.

"Brilliant," I agreed, seeing my friends having something in common warm me up inside. "Relieving."

"How so?" He asked.

"Knowing that Daniel and I aren't alone- it pulls a lot of weight off my shoulders, you know?" I started swing slightly.

"I wouldn't, I knew about you guys since I could remember. You could say I was born to bring us together," He turned to me and grinned.

"Speaking of which, do your parents know about your power?" I hoped I wasn't prying at his private life.

"Well, I don't really-" He cleared his throat, " I don't have a family, I was dropped off at some orphanage when I was an infant, that's what I was told."

"Oh, I- I'm sorry for asking." I was prying.

"No it's fine," He smiled sadly, "I think your the first person I've ever told. So I guess you could say I do know how it feels to have something lifted off my shoulders." His smile turned into a happy one, I smiled back.

* * *

Author's note

Hello! I just want to say thank you so much for 200+ reads! It means a lot that people are actually reading this story and all of this isn't for nothing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy these chapters, they may be short, but that also means I'll upload more frequently.