13 Explanations & Expectations

Sae Yeon's POV
"What is wrong with you?"

"N-Nothing, I was just mad at you." He walked towards me while I avoided his gaze, he held my hands and kept following my eyes.

"I know it was you last night at the bar." My eyes shot up and realized I was obvious that he caught me anyways. He laughed, "Haha, it was kinda hard since you don't wear crop tops and stuff, but I knew it was you. Look, I don't know why Woo Shin had to pretend to be your boyfriend, and I'm sorry for lying to you. I had some business to take care of--"

"Like I don't know, cheating on me? An affair?" I broke out furiously. I was going to play dumb, but he already knows everything so forget it.
"Sae Yeon, I have no idea what you're talking about."
"I stopped by your mom's workplace by the way, you know, turns out you had a girlfriend."
"Yeah, you--"
"She didn't even know me. She told me the girlfriend you introduced to her worked at a bar, the bar I was at last night."
"She's not what you think she is--"
"You're making it sound like I think she's a monster or something! No, Hyun Woo, I know she's your girlfriend. Now tell me, why are you with me? Is it because I'm not enough? Well, it wouldn't make sense since I'm probably the second one, right?"
"I'm dating her for money. Call me a gold digger, but I can't lose you, Sae Yeon. I love you. She's the second one, my mom likes her because she has a lot of money!"

I stood there in shock. Gold digger? We left together and kept talking in the car.

"I thought you had a lot of money already. You go to our school, your mom owns the airport company, your dad is a fighter."
"I thought I did too, until I found all the debts and the loan bills. The net worth we had was not enough to pay everything back, not even close..."
"How did you get into the school?"
"... Fake backgrounds--"
"Why are you telling me, the late principal/founder's daughter of the school, about this illegal crap you've done?"
"Because I don't want to lose you, I feel like if I tell you everything then--"
"Then I'll be inclined to stay with you? Burdened? Filled with sympathy?" He pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the car.

"Listen to what I have to say. Ahn Hyo Jin is my cousin, I made a fake background for both of us to get into this school."
"Why our school?"
"Hyo Jin wanted to come here... I can't tell you why."
"You just said you were going to tell me everything, if you're stopping there, it would just make you even more suspicious."
"She knew you and Min Hyuk came to this school... She was planning to break you two up and date Min Hyuk... For money."

My jaw dropped at every word that came out of his mouth. We were still parked at the side of the road, but it didn't matter right now. My head started hurting at the sound of all the nonsense, but I told him to continue.

So he continued, "She was going to befriend you to get double the money... But she found out you merged with Min Hyuk's company. She saw you as a useless piece of junk after that.."
"W-What was the money for..?" I started getting sort of dizzy after trying to comprehend all the incidents.
"Hyo Jin and I created this small company to try and revive our family's own. Both of us just... Happened to find that the easiest way was to date rich people--"

When I heard that, I blacked out. When I woke up, I was in a room I didn't recognize.

--------------
A/N: Don't think I'm beating myself up here, but this chapter really was not... great lol. I'm sorry, I just haven't been having the inspiration. Maybe if I read more stories on Wattpad? I'll try haha.

With Love <3