Victim

Y/n stood in the center of the large glass room. Her eyes were fixed on the window as she ran over what she was going to say in her mind. Her white attire shone brightly in the mid day sun that streamed in thru the windows. It was met by her red lipstick that she had gotten from Clint a few years back. He said it matched her skin tone or whatever, Y/n still didn't know how Clint knew so much about makeup. Her hair was pulled back, and out of her face, while her feet were covered by black heels. All-in-all she looked like quite the supermodel as she waited for her host.

She head the doors open behind her and her body stiffened with a bit of fear. The sound of heels snapping against the marble floors filled the air in moments. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before turning. She was met by a man and woman standing side by side. The woman had a fire in her eyes as she stepped forwards, her jaw clenched from anger.

"How dare you arrive here unannounced? The king has better things to do with his time then speak to arrogant Americans like you." She made her point by looking Y/n up and down.

The man next to her raised a hand. "That will be all." He spoke in a smooth voice. The woman deflated almost instantly, before turning to bow to her King. She left the room moment later, closing the doors behind her. Y/n swallowed hard as her nerves kicked in. The man looked at her quizzically before smile slightly.

Y/n bowed and closed her eyes, "You highness." She squeaked. He placed a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see him smiling at her. "Please, T'Challa will do just fine."

Y/n nodded as she watched him walk to the window. "You are a friend of the Captain's, no?" He questioned, his eyes remaining on the world outside the window. Y/n walked over and stood beside him sighing. "Yes...." She breathed. "I did not see you on the battle field." He stated coolly. She nodded at his statement, "I was confined to the Avengers home base, you majesty. Unable to fight, and unable to help the man I love."

T'Challa hummed in response, "Stark's doing?" Y/n smiled sighing. "Why have you come?" He asked looking her in the eyes, "I know not of the Captains location. How could I be any use to you?" Y/n looked out the window, her eyes glassing over. T'Challa noticed this and felt pity for the girl. He knew the pain of losing a loved one all too well. He knew the torment that she must be going thru, but said nothing of it. She recomposed herself and turned to face the king. He smiled at her sudden boldness, liking it a bit.

"I barely know you your highness. I've only seen you on the news and in picture. But I do know that you saved Steve. You stopped Zemo, and that is something that I cannot over look. I'm not here for me. I'm not going to ask you for money or protection or anything of that kind. But I need to know something." She looked him in the eyes, "Do you trust Captain Rogers and James Barnes?"

T'Challa froze. He did indeed. He no longer blamed James Barnes for the death of his father. He knew now that Zemo was the one to blame. The Captain's friend was a mere victim, much like his father. "I do...." He spoke earning a small smile from Y/n.

"I know where they are. I want to keep them safe, but if they stay in America they will be locked away. They're not safe anymore. I can't save Steve alone. I need help. There is no place for them to run...." He words cut off as a tear fell from her eye. She wiped it away and smiled. "What if there was?" T'Challa asked her. He could see the hope rekindle in her eyes as she waited for him to continue. "The Americans cannot take them if they are within my country's borders. If they come here, they will be safe."

Y/n smiled and looked down at her hands. "I can't ask you to do all that..." She choked. He placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it reassuringly. "If I can help James Barnes live in peace, then my father will not die in vain. They were both victims of Zemo's hate and revenge. It is my sworn duty to help." She smiled up at him, "I don't know what to say...." He cupped her face in his hand.

"Your Captain will be safe. As long as he is inside my kingdom, no harm will ever befall him." She nodded in thanks, before reaching into her pocket. She pulled out a USB and held it out for him. "He's going to rescue his fellow Avengers from a maximum security prison. If he breaks them out, they will all flee back to the location on this USB. Give me some time to talk with him; you'll receive a signal when it's time to pick up the package. If not..... You can leave."

He nodded taking the device from her hand. "He will be ther, that much is certain. The real question is; will he be willing to leave you behind?" Y/n's face flushed as T'Challa bid her farewell. She bowed and soon watched him leave. Her eyes looked out the window as she took a deep breath. Everything was going according to plan.

Then her phone rang.

She took the device out of her pocket and pressed it to her ear.

"Tony?"

"Y/n. I just got a call from the Secretary of State. There's been a breach at the prison. Steve's there....."

She froze as her body started to shake. "What are you going to do?" She questioned breathlessly.

Tony was silent on the line for a moment or two. Y/n felt her heart stop.

"Come by the compound before you rush over there. I have a few things I want to give you. There's a phone and this letter..... The phone is for me, but there's a second letter for you. You should read it.... And you're not going to want to forget his shield are you?"

Y/n smiled as sherubbed her forehead, "No I wouldn't...." She rasped as she hung up the phone witha smile....