*PLEASE READ* Songs/Filler

(That gif is 100% necessary...) 

Hello dear readers! Okay so as you have most likely gathered this story is coming to a close. It's sad I know! I've had so much fun writing "At What Cost", and I'm sad to see it go! You have all been so sweet and supportive thru the who thing.

I was super nervous when I published the very first part of this story. I was worried that people would dislike how I portrayed the characters. With a shaky hands I published "It's Over" and hoped for the best. Now here we are, 20 chapters and thousands of reads later, and there is still more to come. You have showered me with kind words and thoughtful favorites, and I can't thank you enough for that.

Although this story is ending, I will be beginning a new story taking place during "Avengers: Age of Ultron"! You have all been so kind, and I have been meaning to write more with Steve x the Reader, so keep your eyes open. Also there might be some Marvel Preferences in the near future...... ;)

Anyways! Whilst I work on the last few chapters of "At What Cost", I am giving you some songs that may or may not destroy your feels. These are some songs that fit Y/n (or you) and Steve right now. They capture the emotions that are running wild between these two at the moment. I will put the links, and a brief thing to think about while listening, below.

Thank you again my dearest readers! I love you all so much! *Smooch*

~Anne   

  "Leave Your Lover"

Okay, so I felt this song fit what Y/n has been meaning to say to Steve since Sharon entered the picture. She knows that she would love him for who he is inside, not just because he's Captain America, and she's worried that Sharon won't do that. So this is her telling Steve to leave his lover, and come be with her.
It's originally sung by Sam Smith, but this cover is from a girls perspective so I thought is would work better!

  "Hurts Like Hell"

Now this is a good one. Not only is this a beautiful song, it also fits both Y/n and Steve. So this is one that they are "singing" to each other. As mentioned in the story, they both loved each other, but in the non romantic way. In the pure way, as in die for one another. (But that led to romantic love, blah blah blah...)
So it could be Y/n saying she loved Steve and because of the Civil War she lost him, or it could be Steve thinking about all the people (including Y/n) he's loved and lost. All in all, it's a big load'o feels.

  "And So It Goes"

The first time I heard this song, I died a little. It fit this story arch so well and it hurt just thinking about it. This one is most definitely Y/n "singing" about how she doesn't care if Steve will reject her, she is giving him her heart. She was too scared to do it in the past, and now with everything that has happened she's not going to wait any more. Steve needs to know how she feels, even if it means losing her heart in the process. 

  "I'm Not That Girl"

First off, yes I am a Broadway nerd as well, and I am fully aware this is from "Wicked". (Just be thankful I haven't broken out the "Hamilton" yet.)
This song speaks for itself. Y/n realizing that Steve loves Sharon, and not her......... (Not yet at least)
It's heart breaking, but it fits.

That it all for now my darlings! Thank you for waiting! I'll try and get more up soon!