For Him

Sharon ran her fingers thru her hair as she searched around her desk for her ringing phone. She tossed files and paper and other things as she continued her search. The ringing was almost taunting her as she looking for it in anger. She let a sigh escpae her lips as she pulled it from under a stack of papers. Her brow furrowed when she looked at the number. It was marked unknown.

"Proceed with caution, Sharon....." She spoke to herself as she placed the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Are you Sharon Carter?"

"Depends on who's asking....."

"Listen I don't have time for this, okay? I'm kinda about to do something crazy so if you are Sharon then woopdee-do. If not, then just forget I called."

Sharon looked back at the number on her screen, a bit dumbfounded at the forwardness of the caller. "This is Sharon..." She spoke. The caller sighed.

"My name is Y/n.... I'm a friend of Captain Roger's..."

"Oh my God.... Steve?! Is he alright? The last I heard he was half dead somewhere.... Why are you calling me?"

"I'm calling you so that I can ask you something. If I get a good answer then I'll sleep better at night. If not..... Who needs sleep anyways......"

Sharon frowned at the statement this, Y/n, had just made. "Go on..." She spoke.

"Do you love him?"

Sharon froze. Who the hell did she think she was calling her out of nowhere and asking this sort of thing? "Excuse me?" Sharon snapped, "What the hell is this? Some sort of joke?" The woman sighed, "No. I need to know. It's very important to me that you do. Because if you don't.... well...."

Sharon became red in the face. This was bullshit. "I don't think I need to answer this! I'm not even sure why I'm still on the line with you...."

"Please."

Sharon was taken off guard by the raw emotion in the girl's voice.

"If you don't then tell me. Because I'm not about to let him give his heart away to someone who want love him. He's kept his heart under lock and key, trust me I know. He's not the type of guy to wear his heart on his sleeve. He doesn't show interest in many people, and those he does are lucky to have him.

He's been thru a lot. Too much for any one man to handle. I don't think he could take another heartbreak of any kind."
Sharon was near tears. Whoever this girl was, she cared deeply for Steve.

"He likes you, Sharon. He really does. So you either like him back or you move on. Because if you lead him on only to shatter his hear later, noting in these nine realms will stop me from killing you myself. If you hurt him, it's me you'll have to deal with, understand?"

"If you love him this much; why aren't you the one there for him?"

"Believe me, I have been. I'm........ I'm going away after tonight. I'm gonna' let him live his life the way he wants. I'm not going to hold him back. It's like they always say, "If you really love someone, let them go."."

Sharon sighed her heat ached for this girl. "He loves you, Sharon. I'm not going to change anything. So promise me your gonna' take care of him for me. Promise you won't let anyone hurt him. Promise me your gonna' love him forever. I need to know he's going to be happy with you...... Promise me....."

The blonde sat down at her desk, her hand over her mouth. This Y/n really cared about Steve, to the point of ensuring he was giving his heart to the right person. It was the sweetest thing she had ever heard. She knew what she had to do. Y/n loved Steve so much. It was the only option.

"I promise..."

Y/n felt her throat grow tight. That was it. That was all she needed to hear. She felt a sad smile curl her lips. If Steve was happy, she was happy.

"Thank you..."

Sharon gasped at the phone line went dead. She looked down at the unknown number with a mix of shock and pity.

Y/n sighed as she handed the phone off to Vision. "Drop me here..." She whispered as she placed  the helmet on her head. Vision dropped the ramp and Y/n stared at it in fear. She was really doing this.

"Don't come for me until I say...." She spoke over her shoulder as she jumped down in front of the warehouse.