Fight

"You ready Scott?" Clint asked the miniature man holding on to the head of the arrow. "Just like old times." Scott responded as he held on for dear life. Clint closed one eye as he aimed for the intruders back.

Steve was not too far from where Scott and Clint were. He and Wanda were currently defending Bucky. Being down an arm had really set him back. Steve knew that he was still able to fight, but Bucky didn't want to risk a relapse so he decided to stay on the side lines. Wanda was still shaken up from being held in such horrible conditions, but she knew that she had to fight.

Sam was keeping lookout while reporting anything he could see about the intruder. "Cap...." Sam's voice spoke. Steve turned in the direction that Sam had left in, "What?" There was a pause, "You're not gonna' believe this." Now it was Clint's turn to speak, "Wait a minute, who the hell is this guy? How did he get Cap's shield?"

Every single one of Steve's muscles tensed as Clint's words rang thru his ears. The last time he had seen his shield was when he left it with Tony at the end of the battle. His eyes looked back at Bucky, who looked rather frightened. Steve was just as scared, but his team didn't need to know that. He pressed his hand to his ear as he grabbed Wanda and pushed her behind him. She protested but when she saw the look in Steve's eyes she stepped back.

"My shield is in government possession now. I left it with Tony. He had to have turned it over to them. We have to assume that anyone who has it is with the Accords." He felt his throat grow tight. "Then what's our next move Captain?" Scott asked a bit upset. Steve sighed, the last thing he wanted was to hurt another government agent, but he also needed to protect himself and his team. He looked to Wanda and Bucky and they both nodded at him. He took a deep breath before placing his hand on his ear once more.

"Take them out. We can't afford not to."

Y/n got the feeling that someone was watching her. She took a step back and that's when she heard the shot. Her head spun around as she grabbed the shield off her back. An arrow hit the ground far too quickly and the explosion went off right in front of her. Steve's shield protected her upper body, but couldn't protect her legs. She screamed as the fire from the blast burned her skin. She was thrown a few feet back and crashed into the wall, not before dropping the shield.

Her ears were ringing as she propped herself up. There was rust, dirt, and blood covering her face. She moaned as she looked down at her left leg. The suit was burned away and her flesh was red and bubbling. She cried out as she tried to stand; her eyes on the shield that had blown a few feet away from her. She gasped loudly as a man appeared out of nowhere. His red and black suit looked somewhat like a motorcycle suit, and his silver helmet resembled the head of a bug. He bent down and picked up the shield. Y/n watched as his hand pressed a button on the side of his helmet revealing his face.

She didn't recognize him, but she hated him at the moment. He flipped the shield in his hands before looking over at her broken figure. "I think I'll keep this." He said with a smile as he placed the shield on his arm. "Wow. This is why lighter then I previously thought." He stated as he tried a few fighting combos with the red, white, and blue disk. He looked up to the rafters and gave someone up there a thumbs up. Y/n heard a groan of disgust and knew instantly who was up there. Y/n began to stand up; she noticed a strange look at the shrinking man's face as she did so.

She bit down on her lip trying to ignore the pain in her leg. The taste of blood filled her mouth as she realized she had just bit her own lip open. "That shield doesn't belong to you." She spat. The man looked at her and laughed, "It doesn't belong to you either!" He snorted before freezing. Y/n looked up at the rafters, certain that it was Clint up there.