Dream

It had been a few hours since Y/n had passed out, and Steve hadn't left her side. He sat on a box next to her make-shift bed holding her hand. Bucky had come over once or twice to ask him if he needed anything, but Steve refused help from anyone. It was his fault she was hurt, so he was going to be the one to fix it.

A few others would stand off to the side and watch while whispering amongst themselves. Scott had gotten Y/n's story from Wanda and a few words from Sam as well. Clint remained on lookout, but would ask Sam frequently how Y/n was doing.

Bucky walked up to Steve and smiled at him raising his eyebrows. "Still out, eh?" He asked handing Steve a bottle of water. Steve took it and shrugged, "Her eyes keep fluttering, and her body shakes every now and then. Other than that she seems fine...." His eyes lingered on her sleeping form for a moment or two before looking back to Bucky with a smile.

"I wonder what she's dreaming about....." Bucky whispered.

~

The atmosphere was electric as the sound of voices finally died out. The party had ended a few hours ago and the last of the guests had left. Who knew Tony would throw this big of a party over finding Loki's scepter. Thor seemed to have enjoyed himself, and so did the rest of the team. It was nice to just see everyone relaxing, and not worrying about the end of the world.

Now that the guests were gone, the Avengers were all gathered in the main living room. Laughter and talking filled the air as smiles and good stories were passed around. Y/n had retreated to the couch when the heavy drinking started; she never liked what came after the drinking games. Steve had noticed her flee and decided to join her, not wanting her to be alone. She was sitting watching everyone drink and laugh with a small smile on her lips.

She sighed and turned when she felt the couch shift next to her. Her eyes met Steve's blue ones as he handed her a beer. She took it and smiled at him before taking a sip.

Once everyone saw how much fun Y/n and Steve were having, they all flocked to the living room. Now they all sat having different conversations with one another. Y/n was sitting next to Steve still as Clint mocked Thor and the rest laughed. For some strange reason she felt like she had done all of this before. It was almost as if she had lived this moment before, but she wasn't sure.

"You know...." Y/n began as she shifted in her seat, her dress fabric crinkling. Steve smiled at her and took a swig of his beer, "No. I don't." He laughed. Y/n punched him on the arm, "I didn't even finish yet, ass...." She laughed earning a heart-melting smile from the blonde. She loved seeing him smile, it always brightened her day.

"Yeah, whatever man. It's a trick!" Clint voice spoke as Y/n turned to face him.

She let her eyes, and mind, wander as the rest of the group questioned Thor's hammer. She laughed slightly as she watched all the smiles. Everyone looked so happy to be together. She knew that this was normal but at the same time it felt wrong. She watched as Steve looked to Tony with a wicked smile. Tony was attempting to lift the hammer, and Steve found it amusing. She watched them laugh and joke with one another, and while she did a empty feeling rose in her gut.