3 ☽ Seconds of goosebumps

Chapter 3

"Oh, my Gods." I pick my sister up by the back of her neck as quickly as possible. My hand grabs a white blanket that was on the couch, covering her feline form that's lying in my arm.

When I turn around, Blake is staring at me with a weird expression on his face. I smile at him and quietly go upstairs. I was ready to release a breath of relief, but he stopped me by grabbing the back of my shirt.

Damn it.

I look down, seeing Cleo blinking up at me while licking one of her paws.

"What do you have in your arms?" He asks as I shrug off his hold from my shirt.

"A blanket, you idiot," I say, taking off in a run, and ignoring all of his calls.

Once I'm safe in my bedroom, I put Cleo down. Her tiny form jumps on my bed and starts leaping from one side to another. The fact that she doesn't care about our guests worries me. "Cleo, shift back to your human form. It's too risky."

Her tail goes stiff as she shakes her head vigorously.

I growl already getting pissed at her attitude. "Don't make me repeat myself," I say coldly.

My tone doesn't phase her and before I know it she jumps off the bed, sprinting away from me. That little witch.

I run after her, mentally preparing myself for her dramatic screams when I'll get her ass. She gets inside our parents' messy bedroom, our elegant, dark themed bathroom, her bright pink room, and back to my room with an unbelievable speed.

My heart is drumming on my ears, begging for more oxygen as I close the door of my bedroom, and catch my sister crawling under my bed. My erratic breath booms in the tiny bedroom. "Make me kneel Cleo, and I swear, when I get you, you're dead," I say, locking the door.

Her baby roar comes out from underneath the bed as a reply.

"Alright then," I say, kneeling down, and blindly thrust my arm under the bed when a painful scratch makes my body tense up. Oh no, she didn't.

An ominous growl vibrates through my body before I grab her paw and pull her out with a force that catches me off guard. Next thing I know, her feline body slips from my grip, and she bumps between the leg of the desk and the chair.

My hand flies over my gaping mouth. Cleo turns back to her human form, her eyes are watery and I rush to her before she releases those loud vocals of hers in a dramatic cry. "I didn't do it on purpose," I quickly say as I try helping her out, but she slaps my hand away and lets out the most obvious fake cry I've ever heard her do.

Not a minute passes by before a hard knock comes from my door. "Open it, now," dad calmly says on the other side. At this point, I'm starting to sweat, my heart pounding in fear. You see, the angrier our father is, the calmer he seems. It's frightening, to say the least.

Cleo crying louder doesn't help my situation at all.

With shaky hands, I open the door, meeting glowing hazel eyes, glaring down at me. "What did you do?"

I become a stuttering mess before forming a decent sentence. "I was trying to stop Cleo from running around in her lio-"

Cleo cries harder, of course, and dad falls at her feet, like always. He pushes me aside and helps out his little girl. I remain quiet as he grabs her bridal style and walks out of my room while whispering sweet nothings to her.

I blink back my angry tears and close the door, a loud bang resounding in my ears.

"Slam that door one more time-"