15 ☽ Shrugs of something

Chapter 15

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I ask.

My eyes quickly scan him and notice sweat sticking to his body. Has he been running?

"Shift," he says, walking inside my room.

"He knows?" this time, Theo asks.

Blake's eyes move from me to him, and they exchange a what-the-fuck-are-you-doing-here kind of look.

Theo is still lying flat on his stomach, his head supported by his hands in an awfully girly way that makes me snort, but the tension between them is so high that they don't even hear me.

"What are you doing here?" Blake asks.

Theo flashes him a smirk. "I'm her boyfriend, that's enough of a reason. What about you?"

Blake raises an eyebrow. "Can't you sit up correctly? I can't be serious with you in that position."

"Not yet," Theo says, bringing his hands and head down, staying in a starfish position.

Blake rolls his eyes at the action and turns his focus on me. "Shift."

I frown. "Why would I-"

"Just do it," he says desperately. "... Please."

I hate when he pleads.

"Turn around," I say, and he obeys for once.

I start taking off my clothes when I catch Theo glimpsing at me. His arm is covering the side of his face. I feel my face drastically heat up. He smirks at me, mouthing me to move on. I roll my eyes and turn my back on him, taking everything off. I don't waste time shifting, and in seconds I'm in my panther form.

"You can turn back around now," Theo says.

I hear Blake's breath interrupt for a second as he looks at me. I sit down, my tail slowly moving sideways. He crouches down to my level and starts petting me. Panthera betrays me by purring under his touch. My body warms up for him, leaving me confused.

"Okay, that's enough bad boy. Step away from her," Theo chimes in, sounding annoyed at the situation. He's finally in a normal sitting position.

Blake glares at him but doesn't say anything. I shake my head and jump on the bed, lying flat on Theo's lap. I can picture him smiling as he gently caresses my fur.

I watch Blake taking a seat on my chair.

Well, then.

He looks at me with that weird look he once gave me back at the cafeteria that makes my body go still. For some reason, a sudden sadness embraces my mind. Why would I be sad, though? It's not like I'm losing him.

"Do you love her?" Blake asks. His blue eyes are focusing on Theo now.

"Well, love is a strong word, but I like her a lot, that's for sure. We're werecats, mates are a little bit different and harder to find for us," he replies, leaving a soft kiss on the top of my head.

Blake's eyes widen. "Different how?"

Theo hums for a second. "Well, we find them only during a full moon. It works best if we're outside. Without that, we don't feel anything."

Blake's eyes glance down at me, looking at me again with something I can't figure out. What is he thinking?

"That's interesting," he murmurs under his breath, "So it only works with a full moon, correct?" he asks, and Theo confirms everything.