11 ☽ Chill Saturday

Chapter 11

"I'm not human," I start, one pair of wolfish eyes looking at me as if I have grown two heads, "I minimize my scent so I can blend with humans, but I knew it wasn't going to work forever. I'm a werecat, which I guess you figured out already. But before you say anything, please, I'm begging you, keep this to yourself," I say, clasping my hands in a prayer motion.

"I don't know," Bella says, tilting her head to the side.

Seriously?

I look at Taylor and catch her rolling her blue eyes at me. "Look, I know you're scared and all, but you also know me. I don't give a fuck about other people's opinions like you do, so here's my advice. Do whatever you want, and have fun."

I scoff, crossing my arms across my chest. "Of course, you don't give a fuck. You're a wolf, part of the Beasts. You're no help."

Taylor laughs as she picks the Uno cards from the wooden white painted table and starts shuffling them. "I forgot about that, but I'm serious. Have fun with our Alpha. He's not as bad as you make him out to be," she says, sliding seven cards for Bella, me, and her.

I frown, picking up my cards one by one. "Since when are you on Blake's side?" I ask, glancing at Bella, who's engrossed on her phone. Who is she texting?

"Since he's my Alpha, idiot, but I repeat, have fun," she says, her eyes checking the cards she has in hands.

I throw the same colored card on the table. "What do you mean? And focus on the game Bella," I say, snapping her out of her phone.

Taylor shrugs. "Have fun. We know that Blake is going to find out about you sooner or later, so why not mess with his investigation? Play innocent and laugh it off. It's so much better than telling a truth that'll come out anyway."

I look at Bella, who's happily nodding her head while playing her turn. "I agree with her crazy ass. Seeing his speechless face is way more satisfying than telling the truth."

Should I really do that?

I can sense Panthera purring in my mind, agreeing with them. She's having too much fun with him, and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. At the same time, Taylor and Bella's words are assuring me that Blake is different.

But what if he gets pissed off and ends up throwing me out of town with my family? He has the power to do it, but then again, he doesn't know that I know that he's going to investigate me.

Fuck it.

I throw my hands up in surrender, making sure the cards are facing me. Both she-wolves try to peek at them. "Fine. You convinced me."

Taylor nods proudly of herself when her eyes change focus. "Speaking of the devil..."

I turn around, and my breath hitches in my throat. Blake is walking up to us. He takes off one earphone while messing on his phone for a moment. I let my green eyes scan him from head to toe. Panthera is purring at the sight. He's wearing a pair of grey gym pants with black brand sneakers, with no shirt on.

Is this a coincidence? I've never seen him here. It's one of the few deserted parks that are almost outside of the town. Usually, no one comes here because of how far away from the center it is, which became the perfect place for me and my girls to meet.

"Taylor, Bella," Blake greets, nodding at them. They wave back with a smile as his focus turns to me. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" he asks, passing a hand through his dark hair.

I nod my head and get out from the wooden bench. I quietly follow him, giving myself a mental pep talk along the way.

Play it cool. Play it innocent. I can do this.