9 ☽ Theodore Maserati

Chapter 9

I wait for Theo to pull over the car to start my big move on him.

The movie was great, but those glowing eyes are still haunting my mind. Panthera was restless as well since it would be the first time for her to befriend another feline. I can't believe I'm about to ruin our first date for my doubts. I mean, who in the world kisses on first dates?!

So here I am, sitting in his car, my teeth biting on my nails as my foot can't seem to stop tapping on the floor. Theo doesn't say anything, which I'm grateful for because I'm still wrapping my mind on what I'm about to do to him. I'll probably die of embarrassment if this doesn't work out.

I recognize my house void of close neighbors from afar, and he smoothly parks in front of it. "Home sweet home," he says, flashing me a smile.

I take a deep breath, turning toward him with my back leaning against the window. Here goes nothing. "Theo, I need to ask you something."

He shuts down the car's engine. "What is it?" he asks with a puzzled look.

Panthera, I need you now.

I tuck a lock of my curls behind my ear as my eyes roam all over his body. "This was a date... Right?" I ask, hearing the unnatural breathy sound of my voice that's starting to grow on me.

Theo notices it and gulps, his green eyes wide-eyed. "Ehm... yeah, why?"

Please, let him be a werecat!

With that thought in mind, I lean closer to him, grab his shirt, and slowly pull him toward me. He watches my every move in silence- no, that's fear. I can see the fear behind those eyes, but of what exactly? Fear of me or of him being scared to reveal himself?

My mouth softly presses on his neck, and I hear him take a shaky breath. Even though he's scared, it doesn't stop him from moving his hands from the wheel to my hips.

"Perhaps I'm rushing this, but it just feels so right at the moment," I say, leaving a trail of kisses around his neck and jawline like a professional seductress. Panthera pushes for more control, and I let her. My eyes are glowing by now, but I don't care. He's a werecat. I'm sure of it.

Theo's heartbeat is speeding up as he squeezes my hips and pulls me closer to him. "You're right. You're rushing this," he says, his voice slightly becoming huskier... almost unnatural.

A Panthera devious smile tugs at my lips while my hands travel up and caress the back of his neck. I lift my head to stare at him.

I stay quiet. Theo's eyes are on me, but he doesn't say anything about them glowing. "What do you want?" He asks instead, stuttering the last word.

I give him a small smile. "The truth."

With that, I press my lips against his.

His lips are soft, and he doesn't wait for a second before wrapping his hands around my waist and swiftly pulling me on top of him. I straddle him as he explores my mouth with that hot tongue. The fact that I'm enjoying it is messing with my mind. I can't concentrate on the matter at hand.

Shit!

I pull away, and we look at each other wide-eyed with our panting echoing in the car. His lips are swollen and red. After a pause, his eyes drop down to mine. With one last breath, he smashes his lips against mine again in a heated kiss.

A feminine sound I didn't know I was capable of making stumbles out of me as I kiss him back. His hands are everywhere. Panthera takes control, making me start moving my hips against him. An excited, almost quiet roar escapes his lips.