5 ☽ P.E. and awkwardness

Chapter 5

I think this is the day where I die.

I have two hours of P.E., and for thirty whole minutes, our gym teacher warmed our bodies up by making us run around the basketball court. My heart was ready to give up after the fifth round, but he was always on my ass, so I couldn't give up.

By the time he pairs us up for some exercises, I'm a sweating mess. I end up with Blake, and it's awkward and way too quiet between us. I think we're the only ones who aren't talking to each other.

"Alright, everybody! I want thirty sit-ups for now. Your partner will help you if you're having trouble," the teacher yells before blowing his whistle, silencing the groans of complaints.

I look at Blake. "So, you want to go first or..."

"You go first," he says, his tone pretty much dead, and I roll my eyes at his lack of enthusiasm.

Am I that boring?

I sit down on the floor and position my body, ready for the damn sit-ups. I feel a pair of hands grabbing my ankles, the touch sending a shiver running through my back. I take a deep breath before doing the damn exercise, counting down as I do so.

All the while, Blake is staring right into my eyes, which makes the little hairs on my neck stand up. Thirty sit-ups later, we switch, and I awkwardly sit next to him, not knowing if he needs my help or not.

I look around, hugging my knees. "Um... Do you like, need my help?"

Blake shakes his head. "No."

Alright, I don't get him at all! Back at my house, he seemed okay, and now he's like this! I mean, is he shy, or one of those reserved people? Up until now, the only time he said a quite long sentence was at my place after dinner.

Sigh.

I quietly watch him do the exercises with the front of his dark hair dripping in sweat from earlier. My eyes linger on his grey T-shirt, flashing a sneak peek of his abs every time he comes back up. My eyes travel further down to his sporty black pants and matching colored sneakers. Werewolves and their handsome features are frustrating me.

Once he's done, things get even more awkward. He sits down next to me, and I don't know what to say. Half of the students, which are probably humans, are still finishing theirs.

I glance at Blake a few times when I catch him staring at me. The fact that he doesn't look away irritates me. After the fifth glance, I shift my body toward him and stare right back at him with narrowed eyes.

I slowly start exhaling from my mouth as my body warms up under his stare. What the hell?

For a full sixty seconds, we stare at each other, until - finally - one of us says something.

"Your eyes are weird," he states, leaning toward me.

I lean back with a frown. "What?"

"Your pupils aren't round... It kinda reminds of cat-like eyes or even snake's ones," he explains, and I look away from him.

"Your eyes are weird too. I noticed they change color," I say, hoping Blake would back off.

"They do," he casually replies before grabbing my face and making me stare at him.