13 ☽ Bestfriend... right?

Chapter 13 | One month later

"Catherine! The bus is about to arrive! Get your ass up, right now!" my father's gravelly voice booms in the house.

My eyes fly open, staring at the grey ceiling while my hand grabs my phone from the bedside table. I check the time, and just like that, I'm out.

Shit. Shit. Shit. This time I'm losing it for good.

I put on the outfit I prepared the night before, and sprint to the bathroom. I brush my teeth while spraying my hair with water mixed with conditioner like crazy. It takes me five minutes to make my hair look decent.

"Catherine!" dad yells again.

"I'm ready!" I reply while grabbing my black backpack, shoving my phone inside, and running outside, seeing the bus about to leave.

No way.

"Wait! Wait!" I yell, and I kid you not, the bus driver looked at me and laughed before taking off.

I groan about to cry out of frustration.

I sit down on the sidewalk with my hands on my hair as I mentally prepare myself to fast walk for a good twenty minutes to school.

Unless-

A sudden honk makes me jump on my feet. I look up seeing a familiar grey modern car park in front of me.

Blake.

He motions me to hop inside. I do it without second thoughts.

"I knew you were gonna lose it," he says as soon as I buckle myself up.

"Thanks to you! I've stayed up until 2 am because of that stupid game," I say, crossing my arms on my chest.

Blake laughs. "You can always go to bed earlier and ignore me."

I rest my head on the window, closing my eyes. "Shut up," I murmur under my breath, making him laugh again.

Things hadn't changed too much this past month. I think Blake gave up on his witch hunt, and I couldn't be happier about that. We still fight about Theo, but way less than last month.

We actually grew a lot closer. He's not that bad as I thought. He has opened up to me to the point where I know he's telling me about werewolves' business by using metaphors. I act clueless and answer him the best way that I can.

"Cat." He interrupts my thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"We're here," he states, shutting down the engine.

My eyes fly open. "What?! I already told you to drop me off before arriving at school. What the hell, Blake!?"

He glares at me. "Are you serious?"

I give him a 'duh' look that makes him groan before starting the engine and do a U-turn.

I smile victoriously.

"You should stop obsessing over the school castes," he says.

"Easy to say when you're on the top. It's quite difficult being a Mortal while being friends with werew- with Taylor and Bella," I quickly corrected myself, hoping he didn't notice it.