happy

REYNA PLACED HER fork back down into her bowl and sat it down on the coffee table in front of her. She looked around at her four cast mates, a small smile falling onto her face as she watched them continue to stuff their faces. They weren't only her cast mates, but they were her family, and she loved them more than anything. The four of them had spent the entire day doing whatever they could do to make Reyna feel better, and to thank them she had gotten off her lazy ass and made them dinner. She believed it was the least she could do for them for being there for her.

"Thank you guys for being my friends," Reyna said quietly as she began to play with her hands.

Anthony nearly choked on a piece of shrimp as he listened to her speak; her voice had a tendency to become slightly high-pitched when she was upset. "Now I know why we always call you 'Baby Rey.' You sound like a baby."

"What a heartfelt response to someone who just told you how happy they were because you were their friend," Reyna remarked with a slight roll of her eyes.

"You're the best friend I've ever had," Paul exclaimed as he shoved more noodles into his mouth.

Jeremy swallowed the remainder of his food and looked over at Reyna. "Are you feeling better than you were earlier?"

Reyna let out a sigh and shrugged her shoulders, a frown pulling at the corner of her lips. She was still incredibly upset over Sebastian's words and she probably would be for a while. She cared about Sebastian more than she cared about anyone—aside from her parents—so for him to say that the two of them were "nothing and always would be" hurt her more than she cared to admit.

"I'm still a bit upset, but I'll get over it eventually," Reyna answered Jeremy.

"Good," Chris exclaimed as he sat his fourth bowl down. "Because you don't deserve to be upset; you're too cute to be upset. You're almost like a. . .puppy, Reyna, and when puppies get upset, I get upset."

Reyna chuckled and shook her head. "You've always had a way with words, Christopher Evans."

"Yeah, well y'know," Chris replied with a smug smirk on his face.

"Okay, next time we're inviting everyone over so they can experience the glorious-ness of your elegantly crafted shrimp and chicken alfredo," Anthony spoke with a mouth full of food, earning a laugh from the dirty blonde. "Everyone but Sebastian, because. . .well, y'know."

Reyna frowned at the sudden fluttering sensation inside her stomach after hearing Sebastian's name. She wished he didn't have such an affect on her, but it appeared as though the last fifteen years that were spent slowly falling for him would not grant her such a wish. "Sebastian. . ."

Anthony's eyes widened slightly as he took in her now-somber expression; he was now regretting ever mentioning his name in the first place. "I'm sorry, Rey. I didn't mean—"

"No, no, it's okay," Reyna cut him off. "I just kinda. . ."

"Reyna, are you okay?" Chris asked as he watched her lip begin to tremble.

Reyna shook her head quickly and before any of the men could do so much as think, tears began streaming down Reyna's face. Chris got up from his seat and ran over to her, wasting not a single second in pulling her to into a comforting hug after sitting down beside her on the couch.

"Look what you did, you fucking idiot," Jeremy chastised Anthony, swatting at his arm with the back of his hand.

"I didn't know she was gonna start crying," Anthony defended himself, though he felt horrible about being the one to make Reyna cry.

"Hey, it's okay," Chris tried to assure her as he rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

Reyna's tears only seemed to flow faster. "I love him, but he doesn't love me. I've loved him for years, while he's only ever looked at me as his best friend. This is exactly why I was so afraid to admit my feelings in the first place—I knew it would be useless."

"Rey, that is not at all true," Paul told her.

"Sebastian loves you, Reyna," Jeremy followed.

"No, he loves Margarita—he's happy with Margarita," she sniffed as she wiped her face. "Why do you think he keeps going back to her after she's cheated on him numerous times?"

Chris hugged her tighter, placing his chin on top of his head. "Because he's running away from his feelings for you, and being with her allows him to do just that."

"Seems kind of illogical if you ask me."

"Oh, it is!" Jeremy chuckled. "He's a bastard."

"A bastard that's in denial," Paul murmured.

Reyna wiped her face again and sat up, though she didn't stray too far away from Chris. "It doesn't matter anyway. He's clearly happy with her, and if that's the case then I have no choice but to be happy for him; that's just how it has to be when you love someone more than you love yourself. All I want is to see him happy, even if it's not with me."