friends

REYNA SKIPPED HAPPILY down the sidewalk with Chadwick by her side. The two had enjoyed a rather eventful day out with one another. After going to see "Captain America: Civil War" with one another—they loved nothing more than making fun of themselves and their co-stars on the big screen, as did Jeremy Renner—the two had spent the entire day running around New York City raiding multiple cafés for sweets and other various food items. It had turned out to be a particularly fun day for the both of them, despite the conversation they had regarding Chadwick's feelings for the blonde.

Chad still felt strongly for her, but spending the day with her made him realize just how horribly he needed her in his life. Reyna's presence alone was enough to bring anyone even the smallest bit of joy, and Chad needed that joy despite how he felt. And although he couldn't have her in his life the way he wanted to, he would settle for just having her in his life period. Her friendship was enough for him. He didn't want to lose Reyna; she was a one of a kind person, and losing her wouldn't exactly be ideal.

"You're such a happy person," Chad chuckled as he and Reyna continued their stroll down the sidewalk, making their way past numerous people who luckily payed the two no mind.

"I have every reason to be," Reyna smiled happily as she looked from Chadwick and to the sky. It was nearing six in the evening, and Reyna believed it was time for her to head back home to her apartment in Greenwich Village where Sebastian was patiently waiting on her and the food she had bought him.

"Because of Sebastian?"

Reyna pursed her lips and looked back up at him. "He's a big part of why, but I have all of you people in my life as well. Y'know you, Jeremy, Scarlett, Robert, Chris, Anthony, etcetera. You're basically my only friends, the only cast I've ever really stayed connected to the way I have."

"Why is that?" Chad asked her.

"When I was in high school, I was really shy," Reyna started, tinkering nervously with her fingers. "I wasn't good at making friends and no one ever really tried making friends with me; I was always the weird, quiet girl who sat in the back of the classroom with her head down. Sebastian was the very first person who befriended me, and although my friendship with him helped with my shyness, I never really got over not being able to make friends—I never tried. Sebastian was my only friend, and in my eyes he was the only one I ever needed. When I started working it was the same way; I was friendly with my cast mates, but I was never really friends with them. Then I signed my contracts with Marvel and after 'The Winter Soldier', I started working on 'Age of Ultron' and 'Civil War' and I knew I had found my family, and it only helped that Sebastian was a part of that family, too. You guys make me feel like I belong, and you understand me, and I love you guys for that."

Chad nodded in understanding, now beginning to understand exactly why Reyna didn't want to lose his friendship. He had noticed Reyna wasn't close to very many people other than her Marvel cast mates, despite her status as one of Hollywood's biggest celebrities, and he had always wondered why that was. It wasn't until now he finally had his answer. "That explains quite a lot."

"Yeah," Reyna chuckled, "That's why I was so hellbent on not losing you as a friend. I don't have many, but the few that I do have mean more to me than anything, and if I lost them I wouldn't know what to do."

Chadwick have a small smile and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, stopping her in her tracks. "You're not gonna lose any of us, Rey. I promise you that."

"Thank you, Chad." Reyna glanced over to see that they were entering her neighborhood and she let out a sigh. "I guess this is where we part ways. Do you want me to call you an Uber or something? You really didn't have to walk me all the way back home."

Chad just shrugged and shoved his hands into his pants pockets. "It's okay, I can find my way back from here. I hope you have a lovely evening, Rey. I'm glad I got to spend the day with you."

"Same here, Chad," Reyna smiled.

Chad leaned down and pressed a friendly kiss to her cheek before pulling away. He bid his goodbyes once more before turning around and making his way back down the street, leaving Reyna to head back to her apartment alone.

She scurried down the sidewalk as fast as she could, feeling very relieved when she finally came to her apartment complex. She made her way into the building, moving straight for the elevator. She was eager to see Sebastian, as she hadn't seen him since she had left with Chad earlier that morning. Since the two had resolved their differences and became an item, she hadn't really been away from him, and although she enjoyed her day out with Chad, she missed Sebastian more than anything—probably more than she should have. She just wanted to snuggle up to him and go to sleep they way she had been doing for the past few weeks now.

The moment she arrived on her floor, she immediately made her way down the hallway to her apartment. She was barely able to stick her key in the door to unlock it before the door swung open, revealing a rather disgruntled Sebastian. He pulled her into the apartment rather abruptly, eliciting a squeal from the startled girl. She had nearly dropped his bag of food as well, but before she could, Sebastian removed it from her hands and threw it onto the kitchen counter.

"God, I missed you," Sebastian breathed out as he pulled her into a tight hug. "I didn't think it was possible to miss you so much, but it is."

Reyna chuckled and pulled away, though she didn't release the hold she had on his torso. She looked up at him, her green eyes meeting his bright blue ones. "I missed you, too, Seb. I brought you your food back hom—"

"I don't care about food," he cut her off quickly, pulling her closer to him. "I care about you."

"Never thought I'd hear those words come out of your mouth, Mr. I-Eat-Chicken-Breasts-At-Three-In-The-Morning," Reyna teased him.

Sebastian simply shook his head at her, and, without warning, he pressed his lips to hers in a passionate, yet lustful kiss. It was during that moment in which Sebastian realized just how long he had been suppressing his feelings for Reyna—the girl he had only known as his best friend for the better part of fifteen years. He loved her more than he ever thought he would love anyone, and that terrified him, yet at the same time it made him exceedingly ecstatic. He craved her, every part of her, and though at one point in time he would've believed engaging in such an action like this with her to be inappropriate and wrong, the only thing he could seem it as now was right. He was right where he wanted to be with Reyna, and she was right where she wanted to be with him.

"Your food's gonna get cold," Reyna forced out through a ragged breath as she pulled away from him.

Sebastian simply smirked and hoisted the blonde up, latching her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. "Like I said, I don't care about the food—I only care about you, ReyLynn. Now shut up and kiss me."

"You're so needy," Reyna chuckled, though she was quick to listen to his words. She tightened her grip around him as he made his way down the hall, more than ready to spend the rest of her night with the man she loved.

_______________

ESCALATION LEVEL: 100
LOL SORRY NOT SORRY