caught

REYNA LET OUT a sigh of relief as she and Scarlett finally made it back to the pier. She had definitely enjoyed her day out with the actress, as it had been far too long since she had last seen her. Scarlett hadn't been on the press tour due to the filming of one of her other movies, nor had she been to any of the premieres. It was nice to finally have some time with her, but she was glad their time on the water had come to an end.

"Can I have the rest of the food in the basket?" Reyna asked hopefully as she helped Scarlett tie the boat to the dock.

Scarlett chuckled and stood up, moving to retrieve the basket of food from the deck. "And that right there is exactly why I packed so much."

"I'm sorry, but I just can't resist your finger sandwiches or the Italian pasta," Reyna laughed. "You cook like a mom, and I think that's just so beautiful."

"You are so obsessed with food," Scarlett remarked as she handed Reyna the basket of food.

Reyna smiled widely and took it, holding it in her arms as if it were a small child that needed to be protected. "It's more of a dedication, but you're allowed to believe what you want. Food is the only thing in the world that I know won't ever let me down."

"Excuse me?" Scarlett practically scolded her as the two of them stepped off of the boat and onto the pier.

Reyna laughed and gazed around at all the people running around the pier. "And you, of course."

"That's what I thought," Scarlett replied.

However, Reyna hadn't heard a word she had said. All of her attention and concentration was focused on two people in the near distance—a man and a woman. The woman was oddly familiar to her, what with her wavy brown-blonde hair and her slightly tanned complexion. It was Margarita, that much she could distinguish; the man, however, she could not. All she could gather was that the man was not Sebastian, and as she stood there watching the two of them interact with one another she could only hope that this man was just a friend of Margarita's.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" Scarlett asked Reyna, whose gaze was still fixed on the couple.

"Margarita," Reyna answered. "She's with a guy that isn't Sebastian."

Scarlett followed her gaze, and her eyebrows furrowed as she watched the two of them. She, like Reyna, could only hope that this guy was just a friend. Her hope was shattered, though, when the man leaned in to kiss Margarita. Margarita didn't make a move to pull away, but instead she smiled and deepened the kiss, pulling away after several seconds.

"You've got to be kidding me," Reyna grumbled, her voice wavering slightly. She sat her basket of food down on the pier and hurried towards the couple, more than ready for a confrontation. She and Sebastian might not have been talking at the moment, but she still cared about him more than anything, and knowing that the woman who he claimed to make him happy was cheating on him for the third time upset her and angered her greatly.

"Reyna, please don't do something you'll regret," Scarlett called after her.

Reyna stopped and turned to look at her, anger burning in her green eyes. "The only one here doing something they're going to regret is her."

Reyna continued on without another word, while Scarlett followed behind her. The heels of her shoes sounded loudly against the wood of the pier, alerting Margarita and her male friend that someone was approaching. Margarita craned her head around to find an angry Reyna Foster stomping towards them and her eyes widened. She quickly removed herself from the man's side and hopped from her boat and onto the pier.

"Reyna," Margarita started as she approached her.

Without thinking, Reyna grabbed Margarita's arms tightly in her grasp, not bothering to worry about whether or not she was hurting her. "How could you fucking do this to him? Are his feelings just a fucking game to you, Margarita? You said you changed, and for Sebastian's sake I was willing to at least try and believe that, but here you are with your face pressed against another man's."

Margarita couldn't speak; she was speechless. She had been caught—she had been caught by the person closest to Sebastian, and that was the last thing she wanted.

"Can't speak, huh?" Reyna snapped as she let go of her. "He loves you, Margarita. I don't know why, but he does. Why do you think his dumbass took you back after you hurt him. . .twice?"

"Reyna, I am so—"

"Don't you dare fucking say you're sorry," Reyna cut her off. "You're lucky I don't punch you right in your damn face."

"Reyna," Scarlett's voice came from behind her.

Reyna ignored her and glanced down at the flowing water below the pier. "Actually, I have something better in mind," she chimed as she grabbed Margarita by her arms once more. Before anyone could even think, even Margarita herself, Reyna was shoving the blonde off of the pier and into the water below.

Scarlett gasped behind her, though she fought hard to contain her laughter. Margarita deserved everything she got, and Scarlett was ecstatic that Reyna was the one enacting it.

Reyna looked up at the man Margarita had been with, her expression still holding anger. "If I were you, I'd fish that piece of trash out of the water; I hear pollution's getting pretty damn bad nowadays."

Reyna walked away without another word, leaving Scarlett to follow closely behind her.

"Are you going to Sebastian's?" Scarlett questioned her as the two hurried down off of the pier.

"Damn straight."