without you

FIVE MINUTES TURNED to ten, and eventually ten minutes turned to twenty. Reyna's emotional state was becoming worse and worse, and Jeremy was being pushed to a point of not being able to do very much about it at all. Reyna was an absolute mess; her face was red and soaked with tears, and her bright green eyes were now dull and slightly swollen, most likely due to the amount of crying she had been doing for the last half hour or so. She was terrified, terrified that she was about to lose the one person she couldn't live without, and being stuck at the airport with a dead phone and no word on how his condition was only made things worse.

"They're gonna be here soon, Rey," Jeremy assured her as he hugged her closer to his body. His fatherly instincts had kicked on quite a while ago, but it was getting to the point when there was only so much he could do. He couldn't stop her from crying, nor could he tell her that things were going to be okay, because he himself did not know if that was the case.

Reyna sniffed and wiped her face, burying her head into Jeremy's side. "I just w-wanna see h-him."

"I know, sweetie," Jeremy sighed sadly, wishing he could just take away Reyna's pain. She was one of his very best friends, and over the years he had known her, she had become sort of a second daughter to him—a daughter that he was very protective over and a daughter that he didn't want to see in tears.

Reyna didn't respond verbally, and, instead, she tightened her grip around him and continued to cry, terrified to think about just how she would get by if she was alone—if Jeremy hadn't accompanied her on her trip back home.

After several more minutes of sitting and crying, Anthony and Chris finally decided to make an appearance. The two of them ran into the large airport, both of them calling out for Reyna and Jeremy as they caught sight of the two of them. The sound of their voices caught Reyna's attention almost immediately, and she tore herself away from Jeremy and ran over to the two of them, wrapping both of them in tight hugs.

"Oh my gosh," Reyna breathed out as she pulled away from them, wiping her face as she did so. "I'm so happy to see you."

Chris gave her a ghost of a smile and rubbed her back comfortingly, trying to remain composed for her sake. "Let's say we take you to see, Seb, okay?"

Reyna nodded and turned back around to head over to grab her belongings, only to stop when she noticed Jeremy heading over to the three of them with both of their suitcases and carry-ons, as well as Reyna's purse.

"You said ten minutes," Jeremy exclaimed as he approached the three of them. "We've been waiting here for half an hour, man."

"Traffic is awful out there," Anthony told him with a sigh, grabbing Reyna's hand and beginning to trek back towards the entrance doors.

Reyna panicked only slightly. "Please tell me I don't have to wait about half hour to see him; I'm barely getting by as it is not knowing what the hell is going on. If something happens to him and I don't get to see him, I swear. . ."

Anthony frowned and pulled her to his side, wrapping his arm tightly around her shoulders as he led her to Chris's car. "You gotta calm down, Rey—he's gonna be fine."

"I hope so," Reyna squeaked as she hopped into the backseat of the car.

__________

It took about fifteen minutes to finally reach the hospital Sebastian had been admitted to. The moment Chris pulled up in front of the building, Reyna jumped out of the car and ran inside, Anthony following closely behind her. He grabbed her before she had the chance to run up to the front desk to ask about Sebastian and pulled her toward the elevator.

"We admitted him under a fake name for privacy issues," Anthony explained to her as the two of them stepped into the elevator. "You can't just go up to someone and ask what room Sebastian Stan is in."

Reyna nodded and pressed her palms to her eyes, trying desperately to rid herself of the tears that just wouldn't seem to stop. "How bad is he, Anthony?"

Anthony swallowed the lump in his throat as he thought back to the day before, the day he had watched his best friend practically succumb to the pain he had allowed to rule his life. "Pretty bad. I went to your apartment yesterday to check on him, and he just wasn't in good shape. He had quite a lot to drink, and I knew something was wrong from the get-go. He was upset, and he wanted you, and I told him we couldn't get a hold of you and he freaked out thinking something had happened to you; he had completely forgotten you had left to do reshoots. And then he just kind of collapsed and I called it in, and now we're here."

"Fucking idiot," Reyna cried as she wiped her face clean.

The elevator doors soon opened, and Reyna glanced up at Anthony in question, the tears still streaming down her face.

"To the right—room 821," he told her and she took off rather abruptly, wasting not a single second in heading down the hallway to Sebastian's room.

Reyna pushed her way past several nurses and doctors, ignoring the dirty looks she was receiving from them. All she cared about in that moment was seeing Sebastian.

The moment she reached the room, she stopped in the doorway, her eyes falling on Sebastian's mom who sat in the room with him.

"Oh my gosh, Mama," she breathed out as she made her way over to her, wrapping her in a tight hug, much the same as she did with Anthony and Chris back at the airport.

"Hi, sweetie."

"Have you heard anything? Is it bad?" Reyna asked frantically as she pulled away from her, trying to prevent herself from turning around to look at Sebastian just yet.

Sebastian's mom frowned and rubbed Reyna's arm comfortingly. "They don't know. He's still in a coma; they say he should have woken up by now."

Reyna swallowed the dangerously large lump in her throat and turned around, her eyes falling upon the man she loved laying in a hospital bed hooked up to numerous machines. Her focus was on nothing but Sebastian and the immense amount of pain that entered her body at the mere sight of him. It definitely wasn't something she was used to seeing, nor was it something she thought she would ever have to see.

Reyna slowly made her way into the room, and Sebastian's mom watched with sad eyes as she sat herself down in the chair at his bedside. She wanted to speak with her and console her, but she knew it wouldn't do much good, so she decided to leave her to do what she needed to do, no matter how heartbreaking it was to watch.

Reyna bit her trembling lip and grabbed Sebastian's cool hand in her own, careful not to shift the IV in his arm. She wrapped her free arm around the upper part of his arm and laid her head down on his shoulder, closing her eyes as the tears continued to make their way down her face. All she wanted was for him to wake up and take her into his arms, but the thought of not knowing if he'd ever do so again only continued its reign of terror inside her mind.

"Don't leave me, please," she spoke through her cries. "I can't do this without you."

Reyna wrapped her trembling hand tighter around his, terrified that if she were to let go of him, she would lose him, and that was the last thing she wanted.