worry

ANTHONY WALKED SLOWLY down the hallway towards Reyna's apartment, hoping more than anything that Sebastian was inside. His worry regarding his friend's emotional wellbeing was growing worse, and it had been doing so since the day Sebastian called him sobbing to tell him what had happened with Margarita.

Sebastian had always wanted to be a father, and although Margarita hadn't been who he anticipated being the mother of his first child, he was still excited nonetheless. He loved his little peanut more than anyone aside from Reyna, but now that love had been turned into pain—the pain of a father losing his child, a pain Sebastian never would've imagined having to endure.

Anthony soon approached the door to Reyna's apartment and he stopped, raising his hand to knock. After delivering a few short knocks to the door and receiving no answer, Anthony's worry grew, and he reached for the door knob, turning it and pushing the door open. He walked into the apartment slowly, the sound of soft music meeting his ears, as well as the sound of liquid bouncing around in a bottle.

Anthony closed the door behind him and made his way into the living room of Reyna's apartment, where Sebastian sat on the couch with a huge bottle of whiskey in his hand, and several more empty bottles scattered across the carpet. Anthony's mouth fell open slightly as he took in the sight of his best friend. His appearance had drastically changed since he had last seen him three days ago. Sebastian's normally unkempt hair was a mess on top of his head and quite greasy; his normally smooth face was covered in scruff; his bright blue eyes were dull, glazed over, and bloodshot, almost as if he hadn't slept in days; his skin was flushed and very pale, something that startled Anthony slightly. Anthony knew that Margarita's miscarriage had quite the effect on him, but he wasn't aware it had been to such a horrifying extent.

"Sebastian, what the hell," Anthony spoke quietly as he looked his friend over once again. He could now smell the alcohol radiating off of Sebastian, and that was enough to give him insight as to how drunk he truly was.

"H-hey, S-s-sam," Sebastian slurred as he took another swig of alcohol, his eyes narrowing as he tried to process his own words. "You're n-not Sam; you're–you're Anth-thon-ny."

Anthony swallowed the lump in his throat and ran a clammy hand over his face; Sebastian was worse off than he originally thought. "This is bad," he muttered to himself.

"That's life f-for you, p-pal," he responded, raising a trembling to run through his tousled, brown hair. "It's a real disappointment."

Sebastian finished the contents of the bottle and say it down on the coffee table in front of him, turning his head to look up at Anthony. Anthony knew something was wrong with Sebastian just by looking into his eyes. The state of drunkenness he was in was not normal, but Anthony just couldn't seem to put his finger on exactly what was wrong with him. 

"Sebastian, what's goin' on with you, man?" Anthony questioned as he sat down beside him on the couch.

Sebastian let out a dry, sarcastic chuckle and grabbed the empty whiskey bottle from the coffee table, twirling it around in his trembling hands. "I honestly h-have n-no cl-clue; all I know is that I f-feel pain, and I w-want Reyna, but I don't know w-where R-reyna i-is," Sebastian answered, his slurring becoming worse, almost to the point of Anthony not being able to understand him at all.

"Reyna's in Utah," Anthony told him, placing a comforting hand onto his back, which was slightly cooler than Anthony believed it should have been. "We can't get ahold of her."

Sebastian's eyes widened in fear—a fear that Anthony couldn't even begin to understand why it had surfaced. "Why? Is she o-okay? D-did some-thing hap-p-pen to my R-reyna? Oh, God, no, not my Reyna too."

Before Anthony could even think about speaking, Sebastian let out a pained whimper and stood up, throwing the empty whiskey bottle in his hand at the wall. Anthony's jumped slightly as he listened to the bottle shatter upon impact, and he stood up quickly, placing his hands onto Sebastian's shoulders to steady his wavering body. Something was seriously wrong, and Anthony feared it was something worse than he was anticipating.

"Sebastian, I need you to calm down," Anthony spoke quickly to the crying man, though his tone was rather cautious.

"I can't l-lose h-her too," Sebastian cried. "I already lost my b-baby peanut; I can't lose R-reyna t-too."

Anthony shook his head. "Reyna's fine, Sebastian; she's just filming."

"Huh?" Sebastian followed, his brows furrowed in confusion. He tried to think back on what he could remember of his conversations with Reyna regarding a film of some sort, but his mind didn't appear to be working properly at all; all he could see inside his head was a thick, alcohol-induced fog.

Anthony frowned as he began to slowly put together the pieces of what was unfolding in front of his very eyes. "How much alcohol did you drink, Sebastian?"

"I don't—I don't remember," Sebastian answered as he scratched his head, nearly falling over on his feet. "I think I stopped counting aft-ter m-maybe four b-bottles maybe. I just w-wanted to take the p-pain away, but it didn't w-work out v-very well."

Anthony grabbed Sebastian and sat him back down on the couch, his worry turning into fear now that he had an idea about what was wrong with his friend. "How do you feel physically?"

Sebastian's vision began to blur as he watched Anthony pull out his cell phone, or what he believed to be his phone anyway; he didn't feel right. "Not. . .good. B-bad."

Anthony glanced down at Sebastian as he typed away on his phone, though the sight of Sebastian fighting to keep his eyes open caused him to place the device down onto the coffee table in front of him. He grabbed Sebastian by his shirt and pulled him up before he had the chance to collapse onto the couch, and he held him tightly.

"Don't you dare close your eyes, Sebastian Stan, don't you dare," Anthony exclaimed as he turned his body, puling Sebastian further towards him.

Sebastian fought to obey his best friend's words, but in seconds it became a fight he was nothing but destined to lose. "S-sorry, p-pal."

Anthony cursed under his breath as Sebastian's body fell limp against his chest, and he held him tightly in one arm, while reaching his other out to grab his phone. He punched in the three numbers as quickly as he could, though it was quite difficult with the tears threatening to spill from his eyes. He squeezed Sebastian tighter against his body and pressed the phone to his ear, the only thing on his mind as he spoke to the dispatcher being that he could not lose his best friend.