Part 6

WRITER'S POV

Late in the evening both families went to the court, for the wedding.

Darshan and his family reached first and they were waiting for the Malhotra's to arrive

DARSHAN'S POV

God where are they, they should be here before us their house is closer to the this place, I wonder to myself.

I could hear "cham cham" of some sort approaching, and a sweet smell struck my nose, Jasmine! Its's her!

I saw her parents first, and there she was walking behind them, ever so elegantly.

She walked a few steps closer and then I could see her properly and she looked, beautiful.

She wore a red sari which complimented her pale skin so well, with a pair small earrings and small beautiful pendant, with golden waistband which stands out on her saree. Her eyes covered with nothing buy kajal, and they are yet so beautiful. She so beautiful. Exactly how I wanted my wife to look, simple and elegant.

"Chal bhai shaadi kar le fir bhabhi ko dekh te reh na" Chinu said teased me and I felt my cheeks get warm; am I blushing oh god Darshan stop. I mentally smacked myself.

"Chup re!"I slapped him on the head and followed everyone in the court.

Concentrate Darshan. Stupid!

"Please sign here!" I the lawyer said showing us where to sign and we took our pens to sign.

These are the papers my lawyer has sent. I asked him to make an agreement which states after 6 months of our marriage we will be free to divorce each other. I had also made a mental note that I'll give anything she wants. She can't stay with me forever. It's better she leaves. It's the best for both of us.

"Darshan sign!"I heard Chinu whisper is my ear, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Han"I said more confused, I hope it's right. I quickly signed the papers.

"We need 2 witnesses from both the sides" the lawyer stated, our parents came forward to sign at their respected places.

My phone started to vibrate in my pocket. Who is it now?

I pulled my phone out and saw my lawyer's name flash. Why is he calling me? I disconnected the call and put it back in my pocket.

Again after 2 seconds my phone starts to vibrate again, Argh it's the lawyer again.

What does he want?

I messaged him I'll call him later, and kept the phone inside.

Chinu looked at me doubtfully and I just told him it's Sameer and he nodded.

Once our parents signed we exchanged varmals and I made her wear the nupital chain and put sindoor. My eyes locked with her for a moment and I can say she's nervous, and she's started to play with her fingers again. I smiled at her reassuringly and she just passed me a small nervous smile.

I'll take care of you, on one will ever be able harm you! I made a promise to myself.

My phone starts to vibrate again. It's my lawyer again.

"I'm sorry I have to take this" I said excusing myself.

"What? Why have you been calling like a crazy person? I asked irritated.

"sir...sir vo"he stammered

"Speak fast I don't have time!" I said gritting my teeth. And this Chinu is just passing me dubious looks.

"Sir the agreement you told me to make.."I interrupted him

"Ya I just signed it! Thanks" I told him a bit politely as he has really helped me

"Sir no, that was not the agreement." he sounded worried

"What? What do you mean that was not the agreement.?" Why is he being foolish

"Sir I don't know how the lawyer I sent that agreement went to some other court on the other side of the city!" he sounded apologetic

"What the hell!! You idiot I told you to call me before? Couldn't give him the correct address? Aur kitne e se courts hein?I whisper yelled at him

"I tried but you were not picking up."he said in his defence.

"I'm so.."I disconnected the call before he could say anything.

"Shit!"I said running my hand through hair. "Ek kam theek se nahi hota in logo se!"I said to myself.

I took deep breaths to calm myself.

I walked back inside trying to maintain my cool.

I saw Aaliya hug aunty and cry, and I felt like something burned my heart. It disturbed me to look at her that way. Why is it affecting me so much? Why?

I need to let her stop affecting me so much.

After all the only way I'll free her is by divorcing her, and she'll be the same way then, but more broken.