Part 15

AALIYA'S POV

I feel my legs being lift up from the ground as I'm being placed on something soft. I open my eyes to see that I'm placed in the middle of the bed. I feel a hand on my waist immediately realise it's Darshan. He pulls me closer till my back is touching his chest.

"Sleep!"he whispers in my ear, as the curtains close. Maybe he pressed a button or something to close them.

I don't want to think about anything. I just want to sleep. I hold his hand on my waist, he interwinds our fingers, and I adjust my face on the pillow, falling asleep soon.

*******

"Ya, I'm leaving!"I hear him say, and the door opens and closes behind me.

It takes me sometime to register my surrounding.

Argh! I'm such a heavy sleeper! How long have I been asleep for. I turn my head to see a small night lamp on the side table shining, that being the only source of light in the room.

I sit up, thinking about what happened before I slept. There is so much confusion, my mind can't think clearly. I hold my head in my hands and just sit there trying to make sense out of everything that's happened so far.

The door slowly opens, as Julie pops her head in.

"Good morning.. ah no afternoon ma'am!"she wishes me, and I smile at her. "Shall I open the curtains?"She asks me and I just nod. She slowly walks towards me and presses a button on the side table near the bed and the curtains start to open. I cover my eyes as the light penetrates. It's so bright!

"Ma'am, sir asked me to move your bags here!"she said pulling a suitcase in the room, I quickly get up to help her.

"Thank you!"I said and she passed me a smile. Did she carry them up all by herself? I feel guilty!

"Ma'am will you want to shower or should I serve the food? Or do you want some tea?"She asks me

"What time is it?"I ask her confused

"It's almost 3:30!" What? I been asleep for so long! Oh god! How will sleep at night? I needed to call home also! They must be waiting for my call!

"I'll shower first!"I inform her and open my bag to grab some clothes. She nods leaving

I step in the bathroom for a quick shower, which lasts for not less than 45 minutes at least. The water is so warm I still don't feel like leaving. But I do manage to step out after another 10 minutes.

I wear a tracksuit and a loose t-shirt as I step out drying my hair. That's when I notice a sticky note on the side table.

I pick it up and read 'I have to go, take your new sim-card from Juile and message me! P.S. have lunch! Darshan' I smile keeping it down. I quickly walk down, more like hop down. I see Julie busy on her phone, too busy that she didn't even notice my presence. Hmm?? Who's she talking to?

"Ahem!" I clear my throat and she smiles up at me. "Did Darshan leave any sim-card for me?"I ask her and she nods handing it to me.

"Should I warm the food up?"she asks me and I just nod. I move to find my bag placed on a table near the door and search for my phone. I quickly insert the sim card and message Darshan.

What should I say. I type 'Hey, Aaliya here!'but I quickly erase it. I type again 'Hello' and erase it again. It's so difficult to compose a message. Finally after ten good minutes. I manage to send 'Hey' followed by 'This Aaliya!'

And within seconds I see typing. I feel my heartbeats raise. 'Shh' I tell my heart 'Why are you fluttering?'I question it.

I hear a ping, flashing Darshan's name, my lips curl up in a smile as I unlock my phone to read the text.