HOSHI FANFICS

"5,6,7,8! Again! Seungkwan! You're in the wrong position!"
.
"Hoshi-ah. I know that we need to master this, but maybe we should rest for a while. We've been practicing for 14 hours now. The kids need rest." Jeonghan hyung says.
.
I clicked my tongue as mess my hair. "Aisssh. Fine fine. 1 hour break and that's it." I say as I left the room.
.
I went outside and walked a few blocks from our practice area, put on my hoodie and specs so no fan will recognize me.
.
"Smoking is bad you know." A girl comes up to me.
Shit! This is trouble. She might tell the media or someone about this.
"Don't worry, you're not in trouble! And I won't tell the medi or anyone."
.
I choked on my cigarette and I looked at her in horror. Did she just read my mind?
.
"Maybe." She answers.
"Are you some kind of alien or something!?" I ask her backing away.
"An angel actually!" She says smiling.
I didn't notice that I was near the road when she pulled me as a fast car drives by.
.
"Aigooo. Soonyoung, you should really be careful. It isn't your time yet yknow!" She says crossing her arms.
.
"What the hell are you talking about? Are you some kind of psychic or spy or saesang fan or something!??" I threw my cigarette away and ask her.
.
"Hmmmm. More like, someone who wants to guide you in the right path!" She smiles.
.
"Look lady, I don't know what drug you took but—"
"At age 10 you had a dog name skippy, he died and you cried for months. At age 12, you got into a bicycle accident, you have a scar on your right knee."
.
The more she talks the more she's creeping me out!
.
"Look, just leave me alone okay!" I say.
"Hoshi-ah?" I turn to see  Joshua hyung.
"Hyung? Sorry. This girl is really creeping me out." I tell him.
"What girl?? Who are you talking to?"
"This girl!!" I tell him and points at the girl beside me.
"He can't see me yknow. Or hear me." She says.
"Shut up! Okay?" I yell at her.
She pouts and she crosses her arms. "You're really mean hoshi. Fine~ I'll go for now!" She says and she walks away leaving.
.
"Maybe you should rest. The practice must have really worn you out."
"Hyung, there really was a girl here!!!" I tell him and he looks at me like I'm crazy.
.
We got back to the dorm after deciding it was time for us to rest.
.
I freshened up and change my clothes but I'm still thinking of that girl earlier. Maybe I was just hallucinating, maybe it was the heat or the exhaustion taking over. I tried my best to convince myself.
.
"Get yourself together Soonyoung!" I tell myself. I put on som music and lay down on my bed as I drifted into sleep.
.
The next morning I feel as if someone is looking at me. I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted to the light from the window.
.
"Good morning Soonyoung!!!" It was the girl from yesterday!! She was still wearing the same white dress yesterday.
.
"AHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I screamed as I got off the bed and went to the corner side of the room.
.
"Oops sorry! Did I startle you? A good morning like that always helps waking up the person." She says sitting on my bed.
.
"W-what are you doing here???" I try my best not to stutter, but she's really scary.
.
"I told you I'm here to guide you on your way! I'm y/n!" She says, standing up and reaching her hand to me. She smiles at me as she wait for me to shAke her hand.
.
"I-is my hand gonna go through???" I ask.
She laughs, "Ya! I'm an Angel not a ghost!"
"But how come Joshua hyung didn't see you?"
.
I Ask her. I can't believe I'm having a conversation with her. An--an angel. I shook her hand, I thought it would be cold but it was actually warm.
"Because us angels can choose whether to show ourselves or not." She answers
.
"But why are you here to guide me? I haven't done anything bad." I tell her.
"Oh you will. You definitely will do something, you will regret." She says her face getting serious.
"Then why don't you just tell me what it is? So I can avoid it!?" I say to her.
.
"I can't. It's forbidden but don't worry. I'll watch over you, every second of the day."  She smiles.
Yeah, that's not creepy at all.
.
"Can you leave? I'm gonna wash up." I tell her.
"Oh of course. Bye then." She says and she disappeared just like that.
Ack. I really wish this is all just a dream. But what decision will I regret though?
.
After washing up, Me and the other members went to the practice room for another session.
.
"Ackkk!!!" I scream as I opened the door. Y/n was in the middle of the studio, sitting down.
"Hoshi? What is it????" Scoups asks.
"N-nothing hyung. I-i just uhm, forgot I didn't bring my earphones that's all." I lie.
"That's a weird way to react." Seungkwan says.
"It's like you've seen a ghost or something." Vernon adds.
.
"Technically I'm an angel. But they don't know that." Y/n says, giggling. I ignore her and got inside, the other members start to prepare and I feel someone behind me. I turned around to see y/n.
.
"Can you please stop doing that? The other members are starting to think I'm crazy." I whispered.
"Oh sorry. But anyway, I have to look out for you. Piece of advice, control your temper this time. Yesterday you were really harsh on them." Y/N says, "I'll be right here watching you practice. I promise not to talk or do anything, as long as you control your temper." She adds and sits on the chair near the mirror.
.
I sighed. Can't believe this is actually happening.
.
"Hoshi-hyung? Shall we start?" Minghao asks.
"Yeah let's start." I answered.
.
We were now practicing for 5 hours now for our song Mansae.
.
"Seokmin! You're stepping aren't in sync! Again!"
"Ne hyung." Seokmin says. And we do the chorus part again.
"Jihoon-ah. You're a tad bit fast, again."
"Vernon, catch up!"
"Chanson! More intensity!"
.
"You're being harsh agaaaain~" y/n creeps up behind me.
I jump as she talks, and the other members stop.
"Soonyoung, we're really worried. What's happening to you??" Scoups says
"Can you just let them see you?" I mutter under my breath.
"Nope. It's forbidden. I can only show myself to my human. So that's you!" She says poking me in my arm.
.
I back away and shake my head. Thats it. I'm ignoring her, she's not real! She is not here!
.
"Yeah, keep telling yourself that." She replies to my thoughts. "Remember your temper ~!" She chants as she goes back to sitting.
.
"Soonyoung-ah." Jeonghan hyung calls me.
"Sorry guys. I'm just really tired from planning the choreography and the positions. I'm really sorry." I confess.
Scoups approaches me and gives me a hug. "Hey you're doing great, so don't worry okay? Why don't we take an hour break. Energize ourselves okay?" He says patting my back.
.
"Ne, thank you hyung." I say. As he tells the other members to take a break
.
"Congratsssss!!!! You have earned your first star!" Y/N says raising her hands up.
"What??" I whisper.
"Every time you control your temper, especially in situations where it tests your patience you get a star. Sorta a reward." She says putting a star-shaped bead in a necklace.
.
"What am I 5?! Just leave okay! It's because of you I get distracted!" I snap at her, her expression changed and it seems like she was about to cry, can angels even cry??? I shoved away the thought and leave the room.
.
After the whole day of practicing, y/n never appeared again. For some reason, I feel lonely. She'd always creep up at this moments. That annoying angel.
.
"Hey! Who you calling annoying!" She appeared right in front of me.
.
I almost fell off my chair when she appeared. "Jeez! Would you stop that!? Don't you ever knock!?" I tell her.
.
"Why?? I don't use doors. I can go to and fro wherever and whenever I want." She says smiling. "That was a good practice!! You've gotten really good." She tells me.
.
"How would you know? You weren't there when I came back." I tell her.
"Oh I was there, I just didn't show myself. You're right, I was distracting you. Especially since your members can't see me. But Soonyoung-ah, you need to control your temper okay?" She tells me. Leaning down as she smiles.
.
Now that I got a good look at her, she's actually very beautiful. Her eyes have this beautiful color, that changes whenever the lights hit them. Her skin, smooth and soft, and her hair luscious and shiny.
.
Her face changed like a shock.
.
Oh shit! I forgot she can read my mind! "I-uh-about that.." I clear my throat as I look for the words to tell her.
.
"Don't worry, angels have that affect on humans." She says. "Anyway I should leave, see you tomorrow Soonyoung-ah!" And she disappears again.
.
I find myself smiling, she's annoying but she keeps me company.
.
.
"Soonyoung-ah! Ireona!!! Ireona!!!"
I feel someone jumping on my bed.
"Y/N!? What are you doing!?"
"Ire—oh you're awake! Cmon we're going somewhere." She says pulling the blanket.
"Ya. Stop that! It's our day off, let me sleep!"
"No!! We have to go." She says still pulling.
I let go of the blanket and I hear a thump on the floor.
.
.
I start to go back to sleep, when I feel like I was floating.
I open my eyes to see I'm 2 feet off the ground.
.
I look at her and she was just pointing her finger at me.
.
"Put me down."
"Come with me and I will."
"Ugghhh. Fine! Just put me down!!"
"Promise me first." She says as she sways me left to right.
"Okay okay!!! I promise!"
.
I then suddenly fall and my head planted on my pillow, a loud oof escaped my mouth.
.
She approaches the bed and smiles. "Kaja!" I groan as I got up from the bed. I look at her and she's still standing there smiling at me. "I'm gonna change my shirt."
.
"Okay!"
"Uhh, are you gonna stand there and watch?"
Her cheeks flushed and she touched her cheeks. "That's weird." She says.
"What's weird?"
"I feel like something weird here" she points her tummy. "And my cheeks are warm. That never happens."
.
"Uhh? Okay? Can you go. I'm gonna change. Wait oustide." I tell her and she disappears.
.
I went outside and I see her waiting. "Let's go." I tell her. "Okay then. Why don't you hail a cab." I hailed a cab and we got in.
.
"Going for a date with your girl sir?"
"You can see her?" I ask the driver.
"Well yes sir, I wouldn't be able to drive if I don't."
"I thought you won't let others see you?" I whispered to her.
"I-i don't." She says her face worried.
.
"Where are we going anyway?"
"Home!"
"Home???" I ask her.
"Yes your home! We're gonna go see your Mom."
"What???? Why?"
"You'll know why when we get there." She says.
I notice that she's not as white and pale as before, and she has color on her cheeks now.
.
.
"You angels, can't be killed right? Or harmed?" I ask.
"Nope. We don't feel anything either." She says.
.
.
Then why do I feel like she's turning into a human being?
.
.
We arrived at our house, and I knocked on the door.
"Yes? Who is it?" I hear noona calls as she opens the door.
"Soonyoungie!!!!" She screams and hugs me immediately.
"Aigoo. Noona. I can't breath." I said and she lets me go. "What are you doing here??? Are you sick? Is everything alright with the group?"
.
"Yeah it is. Just came here to visit. As you can see I'm the only one here." I tell her just to know if she can see y/n or not.
.
"Yeah, I can see that." Noona says raising her eyebrow. "Well come in! Eomma and Appa will be so happy to see you." She tells me and I got inside along with y/n who's unusually quiet.
.
"Soonyoungie!" My father greets me. "Aboji, so happy to see you again." I hug him tight. "Where's Mom?" I ask and his expression became wary.
.
"Maybe we should talk first." My Dad says and we went into the kitchen.
.
"You're Eomma, she's..she's sick Soonyoung. She's been coughing blood lately and we went to the hospital the other day, they diagnosed it as Pulmonary Edema. She's in the Hospital right now, she didn't want you to know because she's afraid you'll be worried and be distributed in your career. But I feel like you have the right so I'm telling you now." My father finishes sighing. "I'll leave you for a while to process this. Your sister just left for the hospital, you can come with me if you like."
.
I'm in a state of shock as I heard the news. She'd been in the hospital for weeks now and I haven't visited her, I don't even respond to her texts or calls before due to my busy schedule. I wasn't by her side while she was in pain.
.
I look at y/n Her head bowed as she plays with her fingers and bites her lip.
.
"You knew didn't you?!"
She nods slowly.
"You knew and you didn't tell me!?!" Blood rose up to my cheeks as I take a step towards her.
"It wasn't for me to tell you. That's why I needed you here, so you would know. At the right time." She tells me.
"Right time!? We have a concert two days from now and you expect me to be okay after finding this out!? And you knew—the decision, that I would regret. This was it wasn't it?! Whether I join the concert or not?"
.
Again she nods.
.
"Get out. I never wanna see you again." I tell her.
.
"Soonyoung-ah. That's why I'm here to guide you in the right path. Some things are just out of our hands—"
"Shut up. Ever since you showed up, my life has gotten worse. You might be an angel, but you suck at it." I tell her and walked out of the house.
.
She follows me, with tears in her eyes. "You're just mad that's why you're saying that. You really have to control your temper. Soonyoung-ah.".
"SHUT UP! Why don't you just bother someone else! Unless you can save my mother's life, then you are useless! Now leave me alone!" I yell at her. As she disappears into smoke.
.
"ARRGGGGHHHHH!!!!" I scream pulling my hair in frustration. I hail a cab and went to the hospital to visit my Mom.
.
"The surgery will be this Friday. Now, mr. Kwon, I am telling you now that I am not sure if this will be successful. It is a very complicated surgery and the chances are 50/50." I hear the doctor tell my Dad.
.
He nods and the doctor leaves. He blinks away the tears and sighs.
.
"Dad."
He turned to me and said, "oh. Soonyoung. You left the house in a hurry. I'm really sorry son that this had to happen. Your Mom..she's she's a strong person..she'll get through this. She has too." My Dad says and he starts crying. We both hug to comfort each other.
.
.
After visiting my Mom, I went back to Pledis and decided to chat with the CEO.
.
"I understand that it is an important surgery. But you have a huge part in the concert Hoshi. It would be—"
.
"Then what if I quit?"
"What?"
"What if I quit, immediately from the group. The doctor says, my Mom doesn't have long and that she needs us for the surgery. I have to be present for her."
.
"And you think quitting is the solution?"
"One of the reasons I became a trainee is to see my Mom happy and see me perform. Without her...who else would I do this for? I'm sorry Mr. CEO. But I choose my Mom. That's my decision." I tell him and bowed and left the room. I went back to the dormitory, and started packing. .
"You going somewhere 10:10?" Wonwoo says.
"I'm leaving."
"Where? We still have practice tomorrow. You're packing a lot." Jihoon says.
.
"I'm no longer part of seventeen." I say facing them.
"What?" Seungcheol asks.
"I'M OUT OF THE GROUP" I say.
.
.
"You've got to be joking!" Joshua says.
"You've been stressed lately, and grumpy but this?? This is out of line Soonyoung!" Jeonghan hyung says.
"My Mom is sick and she doesn't have long. I have to be with her in her remaining days, I can't join the concert and I can't take care of my Mom if I continue being an Idol. So I'm leaving the group. The contract isn't signed yet, but I'm leaving now. We've practiced the performance for months. You'll do great on stage." I tell them.
.
Chanson started to cry. "Hyung, I thought we were one team? That we'd show them how great we are, that we're that diamond. What about our Carats? You're leaving them?"
.
"What about us? All the years we've been together. Just gonna throw it all away?" Minghao says.
.
I sigh. "Sorry. But I have to go." I made my way out the dorm carrying my luggage. Mingyu was gonna block the door but Seungcheol stopped him. "Let him." He says, and Mingyu steps away. I hailed a cab and went to the Hospital.
.
.
The nurses were running in the hallway and I see my Dad crying along with my sister. "Dad???? What's wrong!?"
"Your Mom...she's going into cardiac arrest."
.
"Sir, please leave. We need to stabilize her." The nurse says and we moved to the waiting area. I comforted my sister as she cried. I stood there shocked about everything.
.
.
Just then something caught my eye.
.
It ws y/n, she looked at me and smiled and passed through the walls into the hospital room.
.
.
I looked through the window and I saw her hovering over my Mom. She then went through her like she's possessing her kr something. A bright light then illuminated the room but I was the only one who's seeing it. The light faded and y/n, got out of the room. "I've done my part. Although it is forbidden. But I see how she really means to you. I don't know anything about human emotions, not until I met you. You have been the hardest human to guide, you're impulsive and have a bad temper, yet you are kind and you have passion in what you do. I do not know the consequences that awaits me. But I feel...for the first time. Happiness. Meeting you. Thank you Kwon Soonyoung. Your mother will be fine, I assure you."
.
.
She says and disappears.
.
.
We waited for a while then the doctor came out.
.
"I really don't know what happened, but your mother is fine, she's great actually. No sign of pulmonary edema. She's perfectly healthy. She doesn't even need an operation! It's a miracle." He says and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Son, you must have an amazing guardian angel." He finishes before leaving.
.
.
I tell my Dad about what happened and him and my sister burst into tears.
.
I immediately realized what I had done earlier, and rushed to the Company.
.
"CEO!!! I changed my mind!!! I won't be leaving seventeen!"
.
"What do you mean??? What are you talking about Hoshi??" He asks.
.
"Earlier we talked—"
"This is the first time I'm seeing you today. Are you okay son? Maybe you're tired of the practice with the others." He says.
.
"The others! I forgot!" I say and rushed again to the dormitory. Everyone was in their usual places. Dino being bullied by Jeonghan, Seungcheol and Jihoon talking about the concert, Joshua and Vernon talking in english. Jun taking selcas, DK and Seungkwan fooling around. Minghao practicing some dance skills,Mingyu cooking and Wonwoo reading a book.
.
"Oh? Soonyoungie. Where have you been you were gone the whole day." Seungcheol hyung asks me.
.
.
Y/N must've erased their memory. So I wouldn't regret the decision I made. But she mentioned, she has consequences to face. Because she helped heal my Mom?
.
.
I went outside, and decided to go to a far off place. I went to the Han River and thankfully there aren't many people yet.
.
"Y/N! Where are you! We need to talk."
"Yes?" I turn around to see her, her skin now pale, paler than when I first met her. Her lips cracked and she was fading? Like seeing a hologram.
.
"What's happening to you?" I ask.
"I'm fading Soonyoung. This is my punishment." I reach out to her and tried touching her face but it would only get through.
.
"But why?"
"Because I helped you."
"I'm sorry." I said.
She smiles that same smile I see everyday. "Don't worry. It was my decision. A decision, I don't regret."
.
She started floating and her body slowly fading, she caresses my cheek but I don't feel her.
"Thank you for everything."
"Wait! I lo—" and she was gone.
.
.
There was no trace of her anymore, she just faded into the air. And I haven't even told her how much she means to me, I've been nothing but rude and mean to her while she has always had my back.
.
Y/N, wherever you are now. Thank you.
.
CONCERT.
The concert was a success, the venue was jam-packed and it was sold out. We performed perfectly without any mistakes in the dance.
.
It has been a week without y/n and I'd be lying if I say I don't miss her. Sometimes when I wake up, I could almost hear her voice. Trying her best to pull on the sheets to wake me up.
.
"Hoshi-hyung, we have to go now." Chanson says. The concert was now over and we need to go back to the dorm to celebrate.
.
.
SVT DORM
.
"To SEVENTEEN! 13 members, 3 units, 1 family!! SAY THE NAME!" Seungcheol hyung yells.
.
"SEVENTEEN!" We yell back.
.
We celebrated and congratulated each other and talked about the concert until we all fell asleep.
.
.
The next morning, I decided to jog. I forgot to mention, I stopped smoking. Eversince, I lost y/n. I stopped, as a thank you to her.
.
I jog on the sidewalk, when someone pulls me just in time a fast car drives by.
.
"Aigoo~ Soonyoung you should be really careful! It's not yet your time yknow" I turned my heartbeat raising, this feels like déjà vu. that voice I know that voice!
.
"Y/N!" I say and hugged her. This time, I can feel her. Her warmth. Her body. I can even smell her hair. But how is she alive?
.
She pushes me slightly. "I'm sorry, but how do you know me?"
.
My mouth opened.
.
"O-oh. I'm sorry. I-i uh."
"Oh right. I have my ID on me." She giggles. Oh how I've missed the sound of it.
.
"Y-yeah! Of course I saw your ID. Which is why—You're from PLEDIS?"
.
She nods. "Yup! I'm gonna be a trainee!" She says smiling widely.
.
"A trainee? W-wow! I'm under PLEDIS too!" She must've forgot all about me. I don't know what happened but whoever did this, thank you for bringing her back.
.
"Yeah! You're Kwon Soongyoung aka Hoshi. You and your group is really popular!"
.
"Nice to meet you Hoshi!" She says reaching her hand out to me and just like the first time we met, I held her hand. But this time, I'm not planning to let her go again. "You too y/n."