MINGHAO FANFIC

MINGHAO FANFIC

.
"So that's your last wish? To go to Korea and Travel?" My Mom asks me with a worried look on his face.
.
"Yes Mom, c'mon. I have 100 days to enjoy life then I'll face reality again. I need to do this." I tell her. She sighs and wraps me in a hug. "Call us every night okay? Tell us how your day went. Write a journal if you have to. After all this, come home." She says and half smiles. I nod and she leaves my room, I continue packing for my trip as I took a deep breath. I can do this! I tell myself. This is the first time I'm going on a trip by myself, I need to enjoy it.
.
.
It was the day of my flight, and my Mom and Dad clearly doesn't want me to go. "Mom, please. I'll be fine. You have nothing to worry about." My Mom muffles an 'okay' as my Dad pats her back. "You take care now y/n okay? Have fun sweetheart. Make the most of it!" My Dad says.
.
I hug them one last time, as I boarded the plane.
.
"Welcome to South Korea" says the banner on of the tour guides I see when I arrived at the airport. I claimed my baggage as I headed out and hailed a cab. I said the name of the place, since I'm staying at my friends apartment for the next three months.
.
As I drove around the city, I could see tall buildings with flashy billboards and busy people on the streets.
.
"Say the name! Seventeen imnida~!" I look up to see in a huge TV, a new rookie group named Seventeen. Someone catches my eye, a cute chinese boy. His name flashed on the TV. Hmm, The8 or Minghao. He's really cute.
.
The commercial ends and I go back to looking around. This is it! I spent my last wish on this, after all in 100 days. I'll be dead anyway.
.
.
.
"Y/N!!!" My friend Dahyun, screams the moment she sees me. Dahyun is the only friend I have who doesn't treat me like an exploding time bomb.
"Dahyunie! I missed you!" I say as I hugged her.
.
"C'mon!! Let's go inside! Good thing we have a vacation before our comeback. How are you??" She asks. "I'm fine! You're still the same even though your group is very famous now!" I tell her.
.
She shakes her head. "We still have a long way to go. Anyway, kinda a miracle your parents lets you leave!!" She says. "It's about time, besides I've gotten better!" I lied.
.
She doesn't know I've got little time left.
.
I got inside, and we ate and I settled in my room. It was already 10pm here in Seoul, and I took out my journal.
.
DAY 1 - Entry 1
.
I've just arrived in Korea. It seems so surreal. And I hope the next days will be memorable. —y/n.
.
With that, I put it on my bedside table and prepared for bed. I looked up at the ceiling as I thought.
.
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
HCM is a genetic condition caused by a change or mutation in one or more genes and is passed on through families. Each child of someone with HCM has a 50 per cent chance of inheriting the condition.
.
And it just so happens, I have that condition. My Grandmother had the same condition. She had no choice, but to use a surrogate for my Mom to be born. I can't be too happy, too sad, too angry. In short, I need to control my emotions.
.
Growing up, this has been hard for me. I've always been treated like a fragile object. One touch and I shatter into pieces. One word and I collapse. But it isn't like that, because of my disease I became distant or cold. I show less emotions to people around me. I've got a handful of friends within my whole existence here on earth.
.
I don't want anyone else to know. The less the people know, the less it'll be hard for me to leave.
.
.
"Hey y/n! I'm off to a music show tonight, do you wanna come?"
.
"Will it be alright? I don't have a ticket for that or anything." I tell her. "Of course! I'll tell them you're my cousin, to support me and the others." She says.
.
"Aight! Be ready in 20mins!" I tell her as I go back to my room to change.
.
I wore a simple floral dress and white sneakers. Curled my hair and put on some light make up. Just then, Dahyun knocks. "Y/N? You ready? Wow! You look amazing!" I blushed and smiled. "Same goes to you! You look so cute in that outfit!"
.
"C'mon! The others are outside already." She says. I nod and grab my bag as we headed outside. Her members welcomed me, and we talked and became friends while on the way to the music show.
.
"Too bad you didn't pursue your dream to be an Idol, y/n!" Nayeon tells me.
.
"Yeah, well maybe it wasn't for me." I replied.
.
"We're here!!" Momo says. We cheered as we got out of the Van and entered the back stage.
.
As we entered, there were a bunch of groups about to perform. I recognized one group, there were 13 of them. "Wow, that group is so many Dahyunie." I whispered. "Yeah. They're a rookie group like us. They're Seventeen." I nod as she explains. I recognized the guy I saw from the huge tv yesterday when I was on my way to Dahyun's place. I gasp and point at him. "Omo! He's the guy I saw on tv!" Unknowingly my voice was a bit loud and he heard me. He looked at me and he smiled.
.
My cheeks warms up and I turn around to hide my face.
.
"Hey, The8 is coming this way." I hear Dahyun whisper to me. I close my eyes hard wishing he won't talk to me.
.
I felt someone poke me on my shoulder, and I turn to see him. "Y-yes?" He smiled cutely at me. "Why were you pointing me?" He asked. "I uh..I saw you on tv yesterday, so I didn't expect to see you in personal." I tell him looking down on my feet.
.
"I'm the8, or Minghao. And you?" He says offering his hand. I shake on it and looked at him. His hands are so warm, and he's so handsome up close. "Y/N, my name is Y/N." .
"Nice to meet you y/n."
.
"Ya! The8! It's our turn" the tallest of them calls him. He nods and turns to me. "I have to go, but it was nice meeting you y/n."
.
.
I sneak to look at them performing, and I couldn't help but stare at Minghao.
.
🎶 Inteoneseda mureobolkka Eotteon ot tto eotteon got Gongbureul ireokena haebol geol 🎶
.
"Ya! Y/N, I know that look! I've seen that look! That's the same look you had when you had a crush on the guy we met at the playground when we were 10!" Dahyun teases me. "I just find him cute okay? That's it. It's not like he likes me or anything." I tell her, going back to the backstage area. She giggles. "You don't have t hide it! You were so happy when he introduced himself to you." She said poking my cheek. I am happy Dahyun, but I have to control my feelings every time things like this happens. "Yeah yeah, just get over it." I tell her as she squeals. "They're done performing! He's on his way back here!" My heartbeat  races fast when she said it. I calm myself by counting 1-10...
.
"Did you like our performance?" A voice behind me says. I turn to see it was Minghao. "Y-yeah. You were great." I felt a pain in my chest, and I was having one of my attacks. "Really? Wow thanks y/n. Are you here t—" "I'm sorry I have to go." I hurriedly leave and excused myself, I go to the nearest ladies room and took out my medicine. I stared at the mirror taking deep breaths as I calm myself.
.
I haven't had an attack in a week. I forgot how painful it is.
.
Minghao's POV#
.
"Ya, hyung. You okay?" Seungkwan asks me. "Yeah, I guess she doesn't like me after all." I muttered. "What? Who?" Seungkwan asks me. I shake my head and smiles. "Nothing. Anyway, where are the others?" "In the dressing room, let's go." He says and I follow him. I look back one more time hoping to see her. But she wasn't there. I wonder if I did anything wrong to upset her.
.
Y/N's POV
.
After I got better, I got out of the ladies room, and Dahyun sees me. "Where have you been! I was so worried about you!" She says pouting. "Sorry, I wanted to pee so I looked for a ladies room. Anyway, I'm done. Let's go?" I tell her. "They already announced the winner. It was BTS, we're heading out to eat. The van is outside." I nod as we both go. I didn't tell her about my attack, coz as far as Dahyun knows, I'm already 101% cured.
.
.
We arrived at a nearby restaurant, me and the other members go in to order.
.
"Samgyeopsal! Dak galbi! Kimchi!" They were all ordering while I was just sitting in a corner. I looked outside and just stared at the people passing by. .
Minghao's POV
.
After the show, we decided to eat dinner outside. I noticed a familiar face by a window and I recognized it was y/n.
.
"Hyung! Can we eat there? I heard it's really good." I lied. Scoups Hyung looked to where I pointed and they all agreed. We got inside and TWICE was also there. We greeted them and bowed, and they did the same thing.
.
I saw Dahyun nudge y/n's arm who was so focused outside. She looked at Dahyun and raised her eyebrows, she then looked at me and her eyes widened.
.
Y/N's POV
.
Oh no. He's here too!? I just survived an attack and now, I get to see him. I quickly got my phone inside my pocket, trying hard not to be noticed and dialled my Mom's number.
.
"Excuse me, my Mom's calling." I tell them, and went outside. Minghao looks at me his forehead creased. He must think I'm avoiding him.
.
I talked to my Mom for a few minutes, to tell her I was fine and what happened on my day, excluding my attack earlier of course. I ended the call and stayed outside for a bit. I hear the wind chimes of the door sound, and a jacket was placed around me. I looked to see Minghao standing beside me, a warm smile on his face.
.
"It's almost winter, so it's getting colder and colder by the day." He says looking at the city lights.
.
I feel bad for leaving him earlier, I need to explain. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I-i..had a panic attack." I told him looking away. He pats my head and smiles. "Ah, so that's why. I thought you hated me or something." He chuckles.
.
Why does he have to be so handsome and kind??? I feel my chest getting squeezed again, and I start counting.
.
"1...2...3..." I whispered closing my eyes with each breath. He notices and to my surprise, he said it with me.. "7...8...9...10..." My breathing was normal and I looked at him, "don't worry. I do that too whenever we have a show. It calms me." He says. Stop that Minghao, or it'll be hard for me to leave.
.
.
After what happened we've gotten really close. After their performances, me, SVT and TWICE goes out to eat.
.
(These are diary entries. Since, this is only a 10 part fic, it'll be hard to go into detail)
.
Day 2
.
The guy I saw on TV yesterday was also present in the music show, that Dahyun and her members are a part of, surprisingly we became friends. But I had an attack today, twice. I'm afraid, it'll get worse the more I get to be with him.
.
Day 23
.
Minghao, has a funny side! I never knew! He told me jokes and even did the shy shy dance of Sana, just to make me laugh.
At night, I had an attack again. But I managed to control it.
.
Day 35
.
Minghao and I spent Chinese New year! For the first time, I experienced it. He taught me all the cool traditions they do. We even wore those pretty kimonos! I didn't have an attack today, so it's all good. :)
.
Day 56
.
It's Valentine's Day here! And I gave Minghao, a cute plush toy I made that resembles him. He blushed so hard. He was so cute!! We spent the day going around the city, we even went to Myeongdong! The shopping capital of Seoul!
.
Day 80
.
Minghao, asked me to be his girlfriend today. I declined. I told him, it would be better if we were friends because of his career. I still haven't told him about my heart condition. I cried the whole night, I had an attack and now Dahyun found out, I'm not well yet.
.
(End of Diary Entries)
.
"How could you y/n?? I was so relieved when I thought you were fine! You could've told me!" Dahyun cries while telling me. We're here in the TWICE dressing room, and me and Dahyun are the only ones hereS
.
"Dahyun-ah. I'm sorry! I wanted to travel here in Korea with no one knowing about it especially you." I tell her.
.
"That's why your parents let you stay here! This is your last wish?! Isn't it?" I nod as she cries hard. I sigh as I hug her. "What about Minghao? You know he loves you right? What if he finds out you have a heart condition and you'll be gone in less than a month!" I was about to answer, when we hear a falling sound, a box of chocolates fell and a bouquet of flowers. My knees were shaking and my heart was hurting. At the door was none other than Xu Minghao.
.