08

"lung and bronchial cancer."

"what?"

"lung and bronchial cancer," she repeated, not giving him a glance and continued to look at the stars. "that's my type."

"oh." he chuckled when he remembered the misunderstanding that happened not too long ago.

"yeah."

he nodded but then abruptly stopped a few seconds later, "what, what?!" yoongi turned to face her again with his eyes wide and mouth ajar.

jiraen looked at him with innocent eyes, "what do you mean by what?"

"you have lung and bronchial cancer!"

"uh, that's what i just said a minute ago so... i kind of know that already?"

"no, girly," he shook his head and she almost rolled her eyes at the nickname. "your type is the most dangerous kind of cancer! and you're here with me, in a goddamn rooftop!"

"don't worry," she shrugged, "i'm only in stage one. it's always been stage one, okay? it never went up."

"but did it go down? no, it didn't." yoongi answered back, which made the girl pout. "we can't keep breaking rules especially now that i found out about your type."

"says the guy with low respiratory infections." now he was the one at loss. "we're practically the same in terms of life spans, yet here we are looking at those holes on the handkerchief."

"why are our lives like this?" he breathed out, laying down on the blanket and looking at the sky as the girl beside him didn't move from her sitting position.

"because we have to."

"what does that even mean?"

"if we don't have these illnesses then who will? that's why healthy people are a thing because of those who have critical lives like us."

"is it our fault we suck at living?"

"maybe, maybe not." she mumbled. "we don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."

"you're making me dumb."

she laughed, "it depends on your perspective, dummy. if you want to think that we suck at living then do it."

"how about you? what's your perspective of us, sick people?"

"we're the strong ones in the battle."

he looked at her, "but aren't we sick?"

"exactly." jiraen nodded, not noticing the guy's gaze on her.

his eyebrows furrowed, "what?'

"in battles, those injured ones are those who fight; maybe we're like that. i fight for my mom even though she's not here."

"i fight for nothing. what does that make me?"

"you do," she suddenly turned around, catching him off guard as he quickly looked for something else to watch. "you just don't know what or who it is yet."

he looked at her with amusement, "how come you always know what to say?"

"it's because you always know what to ask."

"see! you're doing it again. going all deep and crap." yoongi exclaimed, "i thought you were this idiot who didn't know how to do anything except annoy people."

"i'm sorry! it's also you're fault for making me go deep and that, you're asking very serious questions!" she laughed.

he looked at her weirdly, but not too long after, he joined in laughing.

"do you want to go back?"

"is this because of my sickness?" she raised an eyebrow, while he looked away. "nope, i don't want to go back yet."

"then do you want to stay?"

"maybe."

"i'll take that as a yes." he smiled.

and in that minute, yoongi may or may not know who he's going to fight for now.

------x