06

"what's the plan tonight?"

"i don't know."

yoongi stopped and looked at her with one eyebrow raised. she stopped too and looked at him with innocence that was almost asking him what?.

"what do you mean by you don't know?"

"i don't know." she repeated, "it means i have no idea what the plan is tonight either." jiran shrugged and started walking.

the reason behind yoongi's reaction was because it was the first time. it was the first time after a month that she didn't have a plan, it was the first time after a month that she didn't have something prepared.

"hey," he called, getting her attention. "what about i become the leader tonight?"

"what?"

"it's because you're ways the one with something up your sleeve." yoongi answered. "how about we doo things my way? for a change."

"why now? after a month?"

"oh, like you have a better idea than mine?" he crossed his arms.

"well, dang. okay fine." jiraen raised both of her arms up in defeat. "but don't do anything stupid!"

"looks like the tables have turned."

"hey, i know what i'm doing and what i'm doing is safe for the both of us!" she argued, "who knows if you'll bring me to an abandoned warehouse with your gang friends and tonight i will have my last breath!"

"first of all, this is going to be safe for the both of us. second, abandoned warehouse? gang friends? what are you fifteen?"

"yeah, out of ten."

he shook his head, "lame." yoongi mumbled. "not my point. what i'm saying is you'll have to trust me."

"okay."

the answer took him off guard, "what?"

"okay." she repeated, "okay, i'm trusting you."

"are you serious?"

"didn't you just ask me to trust you a few seconds ago?" jiraen asked, "now you're asking me why i am trusting you."

he claread his throat and stood up straighter, "i was just making sure." he tried to hide the hint of being surprised in his voice.

"yeah sure."

"here? seriously?" she asked, "what are you, fifteen?"

"yeah, out of ten."

"haha, funny." jiraen rolled her eyes, "but out of all the places in the city... a convenient store, yoongi. a convenience store!"

"it was one of my favorite places before i got admitted to the hospital, okay?" he scoffed before walking inside the store.

the girl pouted a little but nevertheless still followed the young man inside. with the nigt being only a little past nine, other than the two of them, there were a few other people inside.

and those few other people seemed to find it weird that a male and female who are wearing hospital tops and bottoms with black slippers entered the shop. but none of them actually spoke something about it.

her eyes looked for yoongi, and she found him near the store coolers his knees slightly bent and his back a little crouched. jiraen walked and stood beside him.

"what are you looking for?"

"what flavor do you like?" he asked almost immediately after her sentence was finished, making her a little surprised.

"uh... vanilla?" she answered but her voice sounded unsure.

he stood up properly and handed her a box; it was a milk box that had the original flavor. her eyes went to yoongi's hand and there he held the same milk brand with a different flavor.

one of jiraen's eyebrows raised.

"what?" the male asked, "i mean, it's unhealthy enough that we're outside the hospital, i don't want to push our lives more to the critical condition."

critical. that word somehow struck her. she didn't know why, but something about that made her feel something. she shook off the thought and shrugged.

"whatever you say, yoongi." she chuckled, " you're in charge tonight, remember?"

those words seemed to satisfy the other patient as he grabbed the milk box that she held and walked to the counter. he pulled out his wallet and paid for the two.

jiraeng waited for the process to be finished, and the two of them made their way outside the store. the cold air brushed against their skin, but the two didn't really seemed to mind.

they sat on the chairs and he put her box and a straw on the table, which she took and opened. yoongi did the same, too.

"where's your straw?"

"real men don't need straws, girly."

that answer almost made her burst out laughing, if not for the serious atmosphere around them. so she just concealed her giggles, earning a weird look from the man.

"what?" he asked silently but firmly.

"i don't know..." she trailed off, "a real man also can't open one silly milk box, am i right?"

"hey, it's not that i can't open it!" he argued, "it's... it's just a little complicated." he volume of his voice decreased as he continued.

"right." she nodded, the smile on her lips not fading away.

after maybe a minute or two of silent curse words and hissing, both of them almost screamed and rejoiced out loud when the box was opened.

yoongi held out his box and raised it a little, "to our not yet but almost critical lives."

it was that word again.

jiraen smiled and did the same thing that he did.

"to our not yet but almost critical lives."

------x