07

"are we really going to meet your mom?"

"there's no turning back now, yoongi. we're already here."

he sighed, "i hate you."

"yeah, next joke, please." she rolled her eyes, "and besides! she doesn't bite... i guess."

"thanks, girly. you're making me feel a whole lot better." he mumbled, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

jiraen laughed, "come on!" and held his hand before running to their destination.

"are you even allowed to run?" that made the girl stop, "because i'm not."

"fine, we'll walk."

and they did. after a few more lame jokes and appearances of grumpy yoongi and a whiny jiraen, the two of them finally arrived at the place jiraen planned to go.

"mom!" she semi-yelled before letting go of yoongi's hand, "i'm here!"

the young man shook his head before following her with a chuckle, "you might fall down."

but she didn't mind him and continued to run. when she arrived in front of her mother, she looked back at yoongi and motioned him to walk faster with her hands. when he arrived by her side, jiraen cleared her throat.

"oh, yeah! mom, i want you to meet yoongi."

yoongi held his hands together and just stood there a little awkwardly, "um... h-hello? ma'am?"

"you're talking to a person who's not really here, why are you so nervous?"

"it's still your mom."

"that doesn't make any difference... maybe." she shrugged before sitting down on the grassy ground. "anyway, mom. yoongi is a patient at the hospital i'm in. it's actually a miracle i managed to drag him out of his prison."

"prison? it was a room, don't exaggerate."

she looked up, "well, it's technically a prison since the door doesn't open unless someone from outside does. yoongi, it's not like i never passed by your room before."

"but it's not evenㅡ" he stopped and looked at the gravestone in front of them.

 seeing this, jiraen giggled. "she says we're cute."

"are you kidding me? you can talk to..." he paused, "those kinds of people now?"

"i'm okay with the term dead."

"oh."

"yeah... oh."

ㅡ 

yoongi left jiraen for a while to give her and her mother some time to talk. he walked around the cemetery and smiled bitterly when he saw what he's been searching for since they arrived here.

"found you," he whispered, "it's been a while, huh?" yoongi paused and looked around, before chuckling to himself, "i must look like an insane person talking to you."

"you know, i met this girl like a month ago." he started. "and her mom's here too. have you met her mother somewhere up there?" the man knelt of the floor and sat as if the gravestone in front of him was something holy. "i miss you... a lot, actually."

"isn't she that girl on your wallet?"

yoongi froze and looked up. there stood jiraen with a small smile on her face, as if sympathizing with him.

"yeah..." he answered back, "she's pretty, isn't she?"

"she is." jiraen nodded her head, sitting beside him. "you must love her a lot."

"of course." yoongi mumbled, not withdrawing his eyes from the name carved on the headstone. "who doesn't love their moms?"

"you're right... but why are they the first ones to leave?"

"i read this somewhere," he looked at her. "when you're in a garden, which flowers do you pick?"

"the pretty ones."

"exactly." he exhaled as he smiled, "based on the picture on beside her gravestone, your mom was pretty."

"she was... is." jiraen mumbled, looking at the sky while grinning sadly.

"hey, girly?"

"yeah?"

"you're ugly."

the smile on her face was erased and she immediately faced him with one eyebrow raised, "are you serious? that's how you kill the peaceful atmosphere?"

"it's because you shouldn't die. that's why you're the ugliest person i have ever laid eyes on."

she shook her head, "am i supposed to feel flattered?"

"it's because i don't want you to die."

jiraen tried to hide the smile that was trying to appear. keyword was tried.

"aw, how sweet. are you falling for me now, yoongi?" she cooed, making it sound as casual as possible, which was a surprise to the girl.

"shut up, i'm being kind here." he muttered, and somehow found the grass more interesting than he thought. jiraen laughed.

"don't worry," she smiled again, but the difference with this one to the others was that it was a real smile. "you're the ugliest person i have ever met, too."

------x

holy fukc i'm so sorry for the long wait

i mean i know none of yall r waiting but um u get the point i guess

i'm sorry again